PDA

View Full Version : Photo Blogs

holly
08-13-2005, 01:32 AM
I had seen this on Heather Melzer's blog - a daily photo blog - that works like a calendar. You take one picture a day and post it. So, I created one too....you can find the link on my regular blog. I love TYPEPAD! It's great! Anyone else doing this????

ljbarden
08-13-2005, 06:52 AM
Cute idea!!

Rynonut Mom
08-13-2005, 01:24 PM
I've seen this on lots of blogs, too. I try to take a pic a day - but forget sometimes! But I just post them in the blog. I could probally set up a seperate, but linked, blog in blogger. I really like how yours looks like a calendar, Holly! That's too cool!

Crsttt
08-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Ok now this I just might have to do!

Angela
08-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Mine is sorta a combination of a photo blog and journal blog.

Valgal
08-13-2005, 03:35 PM
I post a lot of photos on my blog, but I've thought about doing this as well... i love the concept!

happyrobyn
08-13-2005, 06:16 PM
I blogged a long time ago but I don't think anyone read it and I stopped. It took up so much time. So quick ... someone tell me why I need to blog again!!! I love reading other people's!

Rynonut Mom
08-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Because we would read it, Robyn! I have out of state family and friends that read. They hadly ever leave comments, but I know they read. I've made new friends (who blog) though my blog too!

happyrobyn
08-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Hmmmm... I guess I just don't think that I'm that interesting I suppose!

~~Andie~~
08-14-2005, 11:41 AM
i have one too.

Rynonut Mom
08-14-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't think any of us think we're that interesting, but it's fun anyway! I kinda use mine to journal so that I can pick it up to scrap later. It's a scrapbook in it's self, I think. I plan on printing it out and putting it in a binder. I'm also thinking of printing it and putting in a binder for Christmas presents for the Grammies. I'm going to print out the layouts and put them in an album (another perk of digi) and thought they might like the other too.

Leora
08-18-2005, 02:36 PM
I just saw this post...I don't have a blog but have wanted to this ever since I saw the idea on Ali Edward's blog...she does this, too. SO I may give it a try, but I have a problem with sticking to something so we will see how long it lasts! :)

Laura_A
08-19-2005, 06:45 AM
I would read your blog Robin... cuz I love ya girl!

I created mine for family and friends since we're separated by about 8000 miles. I really love the concept of the daily photo blog too, but darn it if I can't figure out how to do it. DUH!

holly
08-19-2005, 10:05 AM
first off to create a photo blog in typepad you must have the ability to create a calendar one in your layout styles.

Then, when you post each day, start by putting a picture in your post and add comments after. This makes your photo appear on that daily calendar.

Easy as pie!

Laura_A
08-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Aww, thanks Holly!

emilyinlaw
08-19-2005, 04:01 PM
The main reason I blog, is so I have a record of what happened, and when it happened, so when the kids are older we can look back on it, and laugh, cry or whatever....and also the grandparent's are both 4 hrs away, so they LOVE reading the stories of what happened today, or what the boys said that was funny, cute or sad. It's more for me than for others to read. I do have a whole list of people that read it, and so enjoy it.

There are even people in my mom's church that will come up to her, and tell her they thought it was so funny what Leslie did, and she will look at them, and say "How did you know he did that". She needs DSL so she can read all my entries all the time!

my blog is: www.lifeupnorth.com We registered that domain when we moved to Northern Mn, it's been our little part on the web for 5 years now, if you want to know what's going on with the Law's go there!

Carmel
08-23-2005, 09:11 AM
I love this photo blog when I find out Heather does this. (I read her blog daily basis) Anyway, love the photo blog and wish my blogspot able to do calendar thing. I'm a photographer so would love to post pictures like that. Oh well..guess my blog is good enough for now! :)

chibikko
08-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Carmel, you might like to check Flickr.com. It has the photoblog calendar view like that of TypePad. :thumbs_up

holly
08-25-2005, 02:05 PM
i've slackd on mine....mainly cause i've been so busy and not found anything to take a picture of....gosh, i can't wait to be done with the store so i can do this and scrap again!

SheScraps
08-27-2005, 12:14 AM
I just got a TypePad blog (which I'm SO loving!) so I'm gonna have to look into the photo blog thingy! :teeth_smi

lbth-mi
08-27-2005, 01:05 PM
I don't keep a blog, but I am maintaining a website of family things - http://www.herman-mi.net/

KsScrapper
08-27-2005, 02:28 PM
Anyone else doing this????

My photo blog is here: Photo A Day (http://scrapperblog.typepad.com/photo_a_day/)

I've had my main blog for a few months now, but started doing the photoblog when I saw one on Auntie Pea's blog. It's hard some days to find an appropriate photo, but it gives me a reason to get out and bring the camera.

suzy
08-28-2005, 04:54 AM
I have a blog (www.suzynunes.com) that I keep for family as well as a place to talk about scrapbooking. I use Movable Type becuase that is what DH uses and he set it up for me. I have actually had it for about 3 months, but it has only been in the last couple of weeks that I have started making regular entries in it. I wish I had a blog where I could have photos as well though!!!