PDA

View Full Version : Difference?

moischka0595
08-22-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm just curious, I'm not familiar with Mac's at all. I hear how wonderful they are, but not knowing anything about them, I'm wondering what the differences are. Also, what makes them better for designing? Can anybody fill me in, please? :teeth_smi

~~Andie~~
08-22-2005, 06:49 PM
they work. lol

moischka0595
08-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Ha! Yeah, I've heard that. But really, I really want to know what the differences are. I'm clueless! :34:

~~Andie~~
08-24-2005, 10:30 AM
i'm not sure why its so good for design...I do know its easier to use. I use a lot of apple+ "other key" cammands that are a lot faster than right clicking the mouse. you can do the same on a PC with command but the apple key is in a good spot on the key board. That is the main this i notice when i switych from mac to pc (we have one of each in the house)

moischka0595
08-24-2005, 01:53 PM
Really? So, like, command or keyboard efficiency? But as far as "how" you do things, it's the same? I mean, compare it to like going from PSE to PSCS2, maybe. If you've used a computer at all, you'd have a clue what you're doing or do you have to relearn everything?

~~Andie~~
08-24-2005, 04:56 PM
keyboard effeciency!!! Everything works the same just better

Witchy Mama
08-27-2005, 06:40 AM
I'm not sure about the whole design thing either although I do know that alot of design companys, movie companys ect use them. However Macs have the great advantage of having an operating system that is so much more stable then windows. SInce I got my mac (would have been about 1 1/2 years ago) I have not had a single crash, I have no virus scan but have never had a virus, I did have one time when Dreamweaver and Photoshop started running slowly but that turned out to be because I had saved so much stuff and had hardly any room left LMAO once I did a clean out it all worked about.

Oh and networking is so easy with macs, we actually have 4 of them (its not that crazy its for work related purposes LMAO) and we have them all networked wirelessly and it hardly took any time at all to do and now if I need something on one of the other computers I just connect to it via the network and drag what I need over.

Miss Susan
09-04-2005, 01:33 PM
One of the reasons that Macs are so good for Designers is that it has a far superior color matching system. Designers need to know that when they choose a color on screen, it will be the same color when it's printed. PC monitors do not manage color as effectively and many times the colors are warmer and a bit yellow compared to Macs, which come out of the box pretty much spot on. You can get a color calibration system for PC's but they don't work as well because of HOW color is managed. Also, PC's work on a different pixel resolution.

I feel that PC's have nothing on Macs. A Mac can do anything a PC can but much better IMO. With a program called virtual PC you can run any Mac or Windoze software - PC's can't say that!!

One big plus for me is that it is virtually virus free and crash free. I have left my computer running for weeks without a restart or crash. Windoze has security holes that make it easier to hack into and write virus.

I would not run a PC on the internet anymore. There are virus' written DAILY that can destroy your computer in a heartbeat - even with virus protection because most people don't update their virus protection with the latest patches. They get a program and think that's it.

I could go on and on - but Macs are truly the better computer. There is no comparison. The ONLY thing people go to is the price and availability of software. Well--- if you buy a BMW, you pay more. If you want a Hyundai - you pay less! The price point, after putting all teh extras into a PC to make it apples to apples (LOL) you will find Macs are not all that more expensive. Taking into account how long they last and the lack of need of servicing - you pretty much wash out evenly.

And Software - just how many word processing programs do you need? One that works. LOL!!

The ONLY thing I think Macs need work on to be on par with PC's is the gaming part - but they are getting more games and better video cards.

Well, is this more than you asked for or helpful?? LOL - and no, I don't work for Apple - I'm actually a refugee from PC's.

Witchy Mama
09-07-2005, 09:22 PM
aparently another reason designers prefer macs is that there are some top end programs that were originally made for macs (as in Photoshop, can think of what the other one I was told is LMAO).

The one thing that I think is really funny is when full on windows fans say "macs suck blah blah blah" and you ask them if they have ever used one "yeah like 10 years ago at school" um well sure they look pretty bad when your comparing that to what a windows machine is now, but try using an up to date mac hehehe. Actually I think that the first mac I ever had was better then my old windows machine at that was one of the old green on green screen ones hahaha...