PDA

View Full Version : Question about PS brush

Candiflip
08-24-2005, 03:07 PM
I was playing around in PSCS2 and I was using the brush. I finally figured out how to find all my installed brushes LOL But I have a question. The only color it would make them were WHITE. I keep changing the color in the little box to all sorts of colors but still it was WHITE.
Do you know how to make the brush anything but WHITE?

I know this sounds like a stupid question but I am a PSP uses just trying to slowly learn PS & PSE :P

Thanks
Candice

holly
08-24-2005, 03:28 PM
as long as you're choosing the color in your color pallette and then stamping or brushing, it SHOULD be that color - but you may have your image canvas set to grayscale. Check that!

Candiflip
08-26-2005, 03:21 PM
I open new canvas, in color, transparent bg, and still the brush is only white in PSCS2.
In PSE 3 it works fine. I can get the brush to come out any color. I have all the same brushes installed on both of them

Do you know what is wrong with it?

Candice

MarshaZepeda
08-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Hmmmm... make sure that you are not "brushing" inside of a layer mask (which will happen if you are trying to brush on a fill layer.) Open a new canvas (white bg) and on a NEW layer, start stamping your brush. See if that works. If not, take a screen shot so that we can see what's going on....

Candiflip
08-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Here is a screen shot. I tired a white bg.. I could not see the brush becuase it was white LOL..

So here is is on transparent.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Candiflip/ScreenshotPS.jpg

MarshaZepeda
08-26-2005, 05:18 PM
You're using the wrong brush tool... :omg_smile the one you want to use is the lil brush directly ABOVE the one you have selected... try it and then tell us what happens... :wink_smil

Candiflip
08-26-2005, 05:19 PM
I don't know how , but it is working now!

I just changed the color to BLACK.. then tired it and it worked.. Then changed to another color and it work with that color after that.

How CRAZY!! LOL ;)

Candiflip
08-26-2005, 05:23 PM
LMAO I read your post after I posted mine LOL.. too funny.. I had been using the wrong brush that is too funny :P

Thanks for all your help!!

Candice

MarshaZepeda
08-26-2005, 05:30 PM
So did it work?

paula_duncan
08-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Glad to see the problem was solved. This program can be complicated.

Lady Clare
09-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Candiflip? In Vancouver? The same Candiflip that has sugar gliders?? Hi! I emailed you a long time ago trying to get some gliders but we couldn't get them all the way to New Brunswick at the time.

Just wanted to say hi- b/c it was so weird to run into someone I "know" somewhere else online.

Candiflip
09-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Clare,
Yes one in the same :tounge_sm Nice to see some one remember me, especially off of a glider board.
Unfortuantlly I no longer have any more sugar glider. A few of them passed away and then I either gave away or sold the rest due to mostly health issues.

Thanks for saying H!! It is aways nice to 'run in to' someone you have 'met before' :tounge_sm

Candice