PDA

View Full Version : Elements vs. CS?

HeidiD
08-24-2005, 11:37 PM
OK. I use PSP, I prolly always will, at least for the most part. But, I'm having MAJOR frustration issues with the brushes!

Anyway, does Elements let you use brushes in the big sizes? How big will it let you size them?

Also, what are the major differences between Elements and the more powerful (?) program, I think it's CS?

I can get the Elements program (and the other one!) for a pretty good deal through my University, and was wondering about it.

Thanks in advance!

KimMauch
08-25-2005, 12:32 AM
Hi Heidi! Elements will let you use brushes up to 2500px. I find Elements is all I need in a program, with one exception: I would like to be able to have more text options (text on a path, justified text, etc.)
HTH -
Kim

HeidiD
08-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks, Kim! Sounds like an Elements purchase is in my future!

LorraineM
08-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Agreed, text on a path is a feature I would love in elements. As of right now the price tag on CS is too steep for me, though DH has thought about it also, and that's always a good first step.
Loraine

paula_duncan
08-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Right now CS Upgrade is being offered to registered people at the adobe site for half price until the 15 of Sept. That's a really good deal. Just for your information CS brushes size up to 2500 as well. I only have PS7 but I want to upgrade to CS for the text options as well.

happyrobyn
08-29-2005, 09:11 PM
I have CS and love it! BUT ... now I want to upgrade to CS2 because I hear that it has WYSIWYG text (meaning that you can see the fonts as they will appear when you are selecting them ... cool! I find CS vastly superior to Photoshop 7. I don't think I could make it without the text justification!! I have never tried Elements but wanted to give my 2 cents on CS.