PDA

View Full Version : Threads Showing Up As Unread!

ditzyscrap
09-02-2005, 01:30 PM
LOL...first I couldn't stay logged in. And now that it's fixed (I didn't make any changes to my settings here), I'm having a different weird problem. Every time I come here, all the forums show that there are new messages, even if there hasn't been any posts in the last few days. I went down to the bottom and hit "mark all messages as read" (or whatever it says) and that worked temporarily...but the next time I came in, everything was lit up again.

It's not really a big deal, but for my brain it's confusing, lol...I'm having a hard time knowing what really is new and what isn't. Help?

paula_duncan
09-02-2005, 04:26 PM
You know I have the same problem. It isn't that big of a deal but it is a bit annoying to have to into every thread to make sure you didn't miss anything....unless I was the last one to post there. No worries....just watch the times and dates of the posts in the columns and then you can keep track of what you have read.

ljbarden
09-02-2005, 04:37 PM
I used to have that, but I've gotten into the habit of using Mark Forums Read (in the Quick Links) just before I log off and haven't had a problem since.

ditzyscrap
09-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Ah...doing it when you log off...very smart, indeed! Now, to remember that every time I leave...that's a different story!

holly
09-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Oh yes! I always mark my read when I'm all done....there's WAY too much stuff on here that I have to scan over (sometimes I can't answer everything) and it keeps me from having too much more to wade through!

paula_duncan
09-03-2005, 02:27 AM
Okay I have done that a few times and I still end up with the threads I have already read. Is there a time limit? Do I have to log off or can I just close the window? I will try actually logging off tonight and see how that works. Thanx guys!!