PDA

View Full Version : Which one are you?

moischka0595
09-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Are you more of a serif person or a sans serif person? And what are some of your favorites?

I'm more of a sans serif person I'm pretty sure. I LOVE the fonts Dreamspeak and Brighton (light and medium).

ljbarden
09-04-2005, 07:02 AM
Both definitely have their uses. In scrapping, I tend to prefer Serif but if I want a really clean minimal look, I'll use a Sans Serif. Favourites are Garamond (of course) for Serif, Gill Sans and Myriad (the apple font) for Sans Serif.

lunafaerie
09-04-2005, 12:51 PM
That's a hard one. I prefer a clean look of sans serif myself. However, serif fonts have their uses. Sans serif is usually good in scrapping, as you "write" in a larger size than normal. But if your font goes below 14 pt (in my opinion) it's much easier to read a serif font, and I know that that is a general rule in graphic design too. I like to break rules though and you'll probably find some layouts of mine with some pretty small sans serif fonts.
My favorite sans serifs is Abadi MT Condensed Light and Bold. I also use Trebuchet and Verdana. Times is typically the only serif font I'll use.

SimplySara
09-06-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm a sans serif girl. lately I've been LOVING GeosansLight and Lane-narrow.

Fun thread.
Sara

happyrobyn
09-06-2005, 08:02 PM
I use Century Gothic ALL of the time. That's Sans Serif, right?! I'm so not technical????!!!!

amtad
09-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Yep, Robyn ... and I'm with you. More of a sans serif girl and I'm hooked on Century Gothic lately. I also really like the look of Saturday Sans (thank to Linda/three-cowboys) but don't want to pay for it, so she told me about National First Font. It's a soft edge sans serif font.

thequeenofquirk
09-16-2005, 01:37 PM
i think i'm more of a sans serif kinda girl...i use them both, but i think i use sans serif more. both are fun, tho! :)

Leora
10-17-2005, 07:48 PM
just checked...I can't find sans serif or serif on my font list...but I DO love century gothic. But what I love MOST is using both a clean-crisp font paired with a frilly/handwriting font. LOVE the contrast of the two! :)