PDA

View Full Version : filters

Ms. Scrappy Pants
09-08-2005, 12:56 AM
So, I see all these terrific photos in layouts that used filters. I can see in my program where the filters are, and I've tried them out, but I don't want to make my picture look like a coloring book, or make it look smudged or pixelated, or blurry..... is there such a thing as like a dreamy filter or one of those softer filters for photo's in pse? I have 3.0.... do you have to buy them separately and download them, or is that a feature only available in the full blown photoshop? Or am I just looking in the wrong part of pse 3.0? what do I know????

Laura_A
09-08-2005, 03:04 AM
Hey girl.. there's a really great PlugIn for Photoshop by optikVerve called Virtual Photographer... and it's FREE! It has all kinds of filters including the dreamy ones. Lemme find the link for you...

Laura_A
09-08-2005, 03:05 AM
OK, here ya go...

http://www.optikvervelabs.com/

Ms. Scrappy Pants
09-08-2005, 08:09 AM
YEAH BABY!! THat's exactly what I was talking about!! Awesome!! Thanks!!

MandaBean
09-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Hey! Glad you got the link. I just wanted to say that once you start using these filters, you might not EVER stop! :) Have fun!

Laura_A
09-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey! Glad you got the link. I just wanted to say that once you start using these filters, you might not EVER stop! :) Have fun!

You know it Amanda! I am so addicted to filters anymore. I have to MAKE myself not use them sometimes. LOL

Ms. Scrappy Pants
09-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Ok, so this might be a dumb question, but do I have to "load" the filters into PSE 3.0? Like a brush or an "action" (wink wink) or something?

Laura_A
09-08-2005, 12:53 PM
If I'm remembering correctly you just load the program into your 'Filters' section. That's with PSCS, but I would assume it's the same with PSE. Then, when you go to 'Filters', optikVerve should show up.

kecpa
09-08-2005, 09:12 PM
How exactly would I load these filters into PSE 3.0 once I've DL'd the program? Karen

YvetteSanders
09-11-2005, 03:13 PM
For PSE (for 3 anyway) you install the plug-in to your plug-in folder within pse, then when you go to "filters", they show up at the very bottom of the drop down list.

Yvette

stefanie
09-20-2005, 12:17 AM
I use PSE3 and have had to teach myself some things by trial and error. Plug-ins are great. There is another option in filters called diffused glow. In your filter drop down menu, you will see distort. When the next screen loads, you will see a portion of your pic and level adjusters. I really love this because you can then play with color and lighting. Let me know if this helps.