PDA

View Full Version : disappearing photo bin

Ms. Scrappy Pants
09-08-2005, 10:45 PM
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated!! When I work in PSE3.0, my photo bin at the bottom of my work page keeps disappearing.... like it flashes on and off.... when it's off, I can drag it back up and click on the images in it and use it, but then it magically flashes right off again and then I'll drag it back up and it'll flash off right away this time... on and off and on and off and on and off!! UGH!! and ARGHGHGHGGHH!! I'm so frustrated!! So I uninstalled PSE3.0 and then reinstalled it again and it's STILL doing it... what the heck is going on? What can I do?

MarshaZepeda
09-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Lauren, I don't use PSE but I had to come in here and respond... you looked kinda lonely here all by your lonesomes.... :shocked: LOL! :heart: :heart:

Ms. Scrappy Pants
09-09-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm TOTALLY lonely.... doesn't someone have an answer for me?? Gosh, what's a girl to do.... I refuse to scrap under such CRAPPY conditions. I mean, if I have to go get a new computer, so be it!! :wink_smil hee hee!! But no photo bin?? That's just absurd!!!

MarshaZepeda
09-09-2005, 02:24 PM
lol! So what's the photo bin for? Is it neccessary to make a layout?

paula_duncan
09-09-2005, 03:24 PM
PS doesn't have a photo bin but you might want to check your options I might have an auto hide option that has been selected.

Jen_Taylor
09-10-2005, 09:37 AM
I had to open up my PSE to check it out.... here ya go.

At the bottom left of the window in tiny letters it says "photo bin" and has a grey arrow that will point either up or down. That is how you hide the bin and bring it back up also. When the Photo bin is showing, at the top of the box in the middle there also is a small, tiny arrow that points down, if you accidently hit that, then it will dissappear also, you might have to go hunting for the darn thing... if that happens, look at the middle of the screen at the bottom and you should find an arrow that points up, click on that and drag up...

Hopefully that will shed some hazy light on the problem!

Ms. Scrappy Pants
09-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Come on people!! Alright, Jennifer you are super sweet for checking it out for me, but I have clicked on that dang arrow about a thousand times.... and when I click on it, it comes back up, and when I click on it again, it goes back down.... I can even drag the bar up and down to make it appear and dissappear.... and yes, I can go into my "window" tab and click on "show photo bin" or "not show photo bin".... I know ALL the tricks of the trade for manually turning on and off the photo bin.... my problem is that my photo bin, for some unforseen reason is "magically" appearing and disappearing as I'm working... like the cursor is nowhere near the arrow, and the photo bin is clicked ON.... and I'll be typing text, or opening a document, or just sitting idly thinking and creating another masterpiece in my mind, and the photobin is flickering up and down and up and down.... up for 3 seconds.... then down for 10 seconds.... then up for 1 then down for 20....... up... nope down again.......... up for 30 seconds and just before I'm about to click in it.... PSYCHE!! It's back down again!! Gone!! Just like that. Can computers get demons in them? Cause mine might have one.... seriously.... it's crazy how this keeps happening.

Oh please people help me out.... there must be a computer geek out there someone who knows the answer to this stumper!! Don't make me go to another site and post this question!!!! :angry_smi

Thanks for everyone who tried to help me!! I sooooooooooooooo apprecaited it. Maybe the demon and I will just have to try to learn to live together! :thinking:

c_lyle
09-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Lauren ~ I think you're right...you have a demon in your computer!

How long have you had this problem? Did the problem just start out of the blue or have you always had this problem? You said that you have already uninstalled and reinstalled PSE3 so I wonder if your PSE3 is gimped (that's the techinical term, you know!). I wish I knew why PSE was doing this to you..maybe that demon is out to get you?! lol!

Ms. Scrappy Pants
09-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Yeah, that's the weird thing.... it just recently started doing it.... like about a week ago.... it's so bizarre and absolutely frustrating because if you use pse3, you know how critical the photo bin is.... I just open everything I 'm going to be using for a layout and click in between things in the photobin... it would be like laying all your things on your desk that you are going to use to make a layout.... and you have to be able to see them all and access them as you are creating a layout.... but with the photo bin gone, it's like someone put a blanket over your desk, and all you can see is the layout.... not your materials.... just your layout..... if you need your materials, you have to stop what you are doing, go under the blanket, find what you need, come out from under the blanket, work on your layout and continue on like that .... it's a HUGE pain in the A$$ if you know what I mean. I wonder who I can call for such a weird problem.... think it's worth a call to the "geek squad" at best buy or something? I bet they wouldn't even know what the problem is.... I need a "real" professional. I don't know who to call about that. Any ideas? My computer does other random weird things, like it won't let me view the digital kits at two peas in a bucket (am I allowed to mention that site?).... just the kits.... I can view everything else just fine.... just the digital kits. I also can't view anything in my BOS over there past like a month ago.... it's so bizarre. I have virus protection and spyware protection on my computer, so I'm sure it's nothing like that.... and I don't think the photo bin issue and the viewing issue are related.... I just think there might be a couple kinks in my computer.... hmmmm.... any ideas anyone?

:confused_

c_lyle
09-10-2005, 09:05 PM
You could try posting your question in Adobe's User to User Forum http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html and see if anyone else has had the same problem happen to them.

MarshaZepeda
09-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Leave it to Lauren to leave everyone stumped, lol! :tounge_sm I think it's probably a problem with your computer. Try cleaning it off maybe? (From someone who desperately needs to do this!)

paula_duncan
09-11-2005, 01:46 AM
You could also call the 1-800 number for Adobe and ask them....there might also be an update at the site.

Ms. Scrappy Pants
09-11-2005, 12:52 PM
See!! You ARE a bunch of smarties!! Thanks for those tips... I'll totally contact adobe!! I never even thought of that!! Thanks guys!

suzy
09-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Lauren

This started happening to me all of a sudden last week too. I swear I almost through my monitor out the window - LOL!!! What I did was opened up the photo bin and right clicked to check if i had turned it of somehow. Anyway, a list ame up and I cant exactly rember what the option was but I was able to turn it back on!! I cant look it up right now becuase I have a struggling baby in my arms, but i hope it works for you. I know exactly how you are feeling at the moment.

suzy
09-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Okay, I just checked it and the option was "show filenames" - I had somehow switched on "auto-hide" and that is waht was causing it to disapear everytime my cursor left the photobin. Hope this helps.

misty
09-29-2005, 07:19 PM
The same thing started happening to me. I figured I must have clicked on something by accident. It drives me crazy too! Ok, off to try what Suzy suggested. Thanks!

Ms. Scrappy Pants
09-29-2005, 09:59 PM
OMG!! I could KISS you SUZY!!! :kiss: You are an absolute GENIUS about the DARN "auto-hide" function on the photo-bin for PSE3!! :nerd: GENIUS!! Seriously!! Thank you so much Suzy!! You have saved me from seriously harming my computer or anyone else for that matter!! WOO HOO!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!