PDA

View Full Version : digital rebel XT

~~Andie~~
09-09-2005, 08:36 AM
I just ordered one. any tips pointers?!?!?

Rynonut Mom
09-09-2005, 12:03 PM
OMGosh, Andie! I'm so excited for you! I know you've been wanting one! I got the original dRebel back in April and I love it! I've just been taking lots of pics to figure it out.

amtad
09-09-2005, 05:03 PM
My advice ... start saving even more :P. You'll be wanting an external flash, more lenses and other goodies ... or do you have those from your Canon film camera? You'll be sitting pretty missy if you're lens' are compatible. Can't wait to see your photos ... I have a feeling you'll be going crazy with the convenience of digital ...

Watch out gals ... Andie's got herself a new toy!! :P

Digi Kitty
09-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Congratulations on your purchase! I've found this website below to be very helpful both from a general photography standpoint and also with respect to the XT. There are "lessons" you can take and they add more all the time, just follow the links on this site: http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/

You're going to LOVE the camera!! (As for tips: always remember to take the battery off the charger.....it doesn't work so well to be taking a picture of your dad standing in front of the White House with no battery....ugh....not a mistake I'll make again soon!) :) We had to buy a disposable...the horror! :)

~Teresa

juzzie
09-14-2005, 06:04 AM
Thanks for that link, I just purchased the same camera a few weeks ago, but now I have to do a course or something on using the camera. For the manual settings anyway.

Its something I have wanted to do for a long time but just haven't gotten around to doing... but paying big bucks for a camera gives me more motivation.

~~Andie~~
09-14-2005, 05:59 PM
its here!!! the batteries are charging and I'm reading the manual and trying to figure out wat CDs i need to install

MeredithRX
09-14-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm so glad it came today!!! I was keeping my fingers crossed that you wouldn't miss the delivery! I can't wait to see your pictures.