PDA

View Full Version : Gary Fong's Digital Lightsphere II

emilyinlaw
09-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Hey chicks, my husband just bought this for me, it's amazing what a piece of plastic does!

I was just wondering if anyone else out there has one, and can give me some pointers or anything! :)

Thanks

holly
09-11-2005, 12:47 AM
this is the new photojournalist one, right? i just got that email. looks good. i have his other one. hmmmm

Crsttt
09-11-2005, 04:19 AM
I own both styles..well I am waiting on the New one that starts shipping next week. I am looking forward to playing more with them now that I have a little free time in my life.

emilyinlaw
09-11-2005, 08:36 AM
hmm, maybe I have the old one then, b/c i recieved it yesterday. It's amazing what it does.

Crsttt
09-11-2005, 12:00 PM
If you received it yesterday then yes that is the hard plastic one..I forget the name of it. Gary came out with a new one but only had a private offering for previous owners of the lightsphere.

The new one is a flexable plastic no dome on it nad you can cut it down to make it not so big if you desire. I think the public offering will be in the next week or two. There is more information on his blog about it.

~~Andie~~
09-11-2005, 12:04 PM
whats the link??? and what kind of flash do y'all have?

holly
09-11-2005, 02:33 PM
i have a 550 flash for my digital rebel. i didn't take it to L.A. so used the standard flash.....HORRIBLE indoor pictures!

Crsttt
09-11-2005, 05:04 PM
I have a speedlight 580 ex for my Canon 10D.
www.garyfong.com is the link to his blog and from there you can get to all his other stuff including his store. Which I must warn is not set up the best (imho) but he doesn't seem to mind it..lol

emilyinlaw
09-11-2005, 06:23 PM
I have the Canon Speedlite 420EX nice flash! And yes, I have the Old one, I might have to get the new one. hmmmmm

AmyJo
10-14-2005, 11:31 PM
Y'all gotta' quit teasing me like this - I still can't afford an external flash or any other fancies...I just try to work without a flash in good light (HA HA HA - rotten sometimes)

Wonder why kind of improvisation Kurt will come up with on this one...I'm sure he will think he is able to handle it...when I said I wanted reflectors, he said, "I have a piece of stainless steel outside, we could cut it round, put a nice bead around the edges and polish it up!" And he was serious. *rolls eyes* Great, a 50# solid photographer's tool.

SweetNSassyMommy
10-15-2005, 12:04 AM
OMGOSH...how much do I need this gadget?!! Seriously, we just finished signing a refi and it funded today with cash out for us....do I need to buy this thing or what?! I never get shots of my kids playing at night because I HATE HATE HATE the flash...this looks awesome. Are any of you using this thing?? Testimonials please : )

WOW!

Robin

Crsttt
10-15-2005, 01:28 AM
Yes you need this!!!! I have loved it. I just used it again yesterday to take pics in side the house of DD they turned out great and I know had I not had it the pics would not have turned out.

CraftTeaLady
10-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Are you saying the NEW one is better?

I was going to order mine last month and just never got around to it. I need to this week - I have some pic for Christmas that I NEED to get it for.

Crsttt
10-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Hey Gina,
Well no.. I am not sure which one is better I haven't done any side by side comparisons.. LOL
I do like that the new one is flexible. Makes it way easier to put in your camera bag and doesn't seem to take the room that the original does since it is slightly smaller and flexible like I mentioned above.

Chef
10-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Oooh....I have the new Canon 430ex flash. I have a very basic diffuser that is ok. I have seen these Lightspheres and have wondered how good they are. You guys are tempting me...... I wonder if the new one would fit on the new Canon flash that I have....

ETA - Ok...so I just ordered it. The LS2PJ (P3) fits my new 430ex!

Susan

Crsttt
10-22-2005, 12:51 AM
Susan,
When you order it you have to specify which flash you have from a list on their site. I would take a look at his site and see if your flash is listed.