PDA

View Full Version : How do you make realistic piping?

Heather_R
09-18-2005, 11:56 AM
This is my first post here, but I have been hanging around here and the old site for months. Does anyone remember one of the heading banners on Holly's old site that had the curved edge and piping? Lots of talk about the curved edge I remember and a little about the piping. Well, I have a new design in which I'd like to use some piping, but I just can't seem to make it look real enough. Holly's was great! Can anyone tell me how to make it? I'm using PSCS. Thanks!

Heather

andreavictoria
09-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Oooh, I remember what you are talking about...but I have no idea how to do it, lol! Hopefully someone can help us out!

lunafaerie
09-19-2005, 01:49 AM
I've considered scanning it in. I'd be interested to hear if there are any tips too.

Laura_A
09-19-2005, 01:51 AM
I may be wrong, but if I think I remember her saying it wasn't actually piping, just looked that way after layering everything. But, please don't quote me on that. LOL

MarshaZepeda
09-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Laura is absolutely right! lol! Once you make your curves, you just layer one over the other and then drop shadow... hth! :teeth_smi

lunafaerie
09-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Laura is absolutely right! lol! Once you make your curves, you just layer one over the other and then drop shadow... hth! :teeth_smi
Layer what over another? The curved line over the curved paper? Sorry, I can be a little slow.

MarshaZepeda
09-19-2005, 11:11 PM
What you can do is this: cut your "curved" paper out... select it and move the SELECTION ONLY down a little bit (as big as you want your 'piping') and then cut the second pp. Make sense? If not, let me know and I'll write out steps... :regular_s