PDA

View Full Version : Kits or Paper Packs?

c_lyle
09-19-2005, 02:44 AM
What do you usually use to create your layouts? A kit or paper pack?

KimMauch
09-19-2005, 09:09 AM
I'm a paper pack girl myself, I rarely use the embellishments that come in a kit.

Kim

Carmel
09-19-2005, 11:40 AM
I love to use kits so I can use everything on any of my layouts.

scrappinsweetie
09-19-2005, 11:45 AM
I really like kits because of having matching elements. I do buy paper packs more often now and mix and match elements but sometimes i just really like buying kits...lol I would say that overall it is a very close race for either one with me, but i am going to go with kits :)

WyoWoman
09-19-2005, 05:20 PM
To purchase, I like kits more than paper packs - because i want all the different elements. But when I sit down to make a layout, it will very rarely be all from one kit, because I don't like everything to be too matchy-matchy. SO the answer to your question as asked would be kits (plural).
Kristin

Rynonut Mom
09-19-2005, 05:49 PM
I tend to buy more kits, because everything is right there together. I will pull embellies from other kits into a layout, too, though. Whatever works to complete the page.

ditzyscrap
09-19-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm getting to like paper packs more and more. Having said that...I like full kits, but will buy paper packs if the papers are what I like most in the kit. If the embellishments are nothing special or don't look realistic to me, then I prefer the papers. But if everything looks good, I'll buy the kit.

I'm sure that didn't really answer the question, lol...

Basically, if a kit only includes things that I already have and could easily recolor, OR if the elements aren't my style or up to my standards for realism, then I will buy the paper pack.

But, if I love everything in the kit, I will buy the kit. But, I also don't mind when designers put out paper packs with matching embellie packs and alphas...that way I can choose. As long as the price of those 2 things don't go over how much I would pay for a kit of it all together, kwim? I've seen some that have about 6 different pieces to their "collections" and charge $3 a piece. That's when I don't bother buying anything, because then I'd be paying $18 for a kit. Does that make sense?

Catherine S
09-19-2005, 10:13 PM
If I really like the extras, I just splurge in the beginning. I'm a sucker for cute stuff

scrappin4twins
09-20-2005, 08:02 AM
I like to have the option of the embellishments that come in a kit, but I don't always use them. I do have a tendency to use the ribbon and fibers, but I usually make my own eyelets, staples, etc.

Alix

suzy
09-20-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm a paper pack person - I find that I have so many elements already that I dont use. I like it when people offer a paper pack with the coordinating elements as an add-on.

brechasemom
09-20-2005, 11:35 AM
My vote is for the kits. I like that I can get things done faster when everything is there together. And if it doesn't have what I want then I can go find it from another kit.
I also like, that it's easier to credit when posting because you don't have so many different designers to remember to credit or to keep up with, as I don't know how to make my own stuff yet.

Laura

MizAmyLou
09-20-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm on the fence on this one. When I paper scrap, i rarely use anything BUT paper (just cause all the other stuff is SO expensive!! LOL) But for some reason when I am digiscrapping, I get lost trying to just use paper packs. But there are so many beautiful ones coming out I find myself giving in to temptation more and more often.

paula_duncan
09-21-2005, 01:54 AM
I like the whole kit so then I have all those great elements and paper.....even if I don't use them together.....I like to mix it up and the more stuff the put into the mix the better. I say Kits!!

jasbeanie
09-21-2005, 08:00 PM
im a paper pack gal.... i rarely use embellishments in my layouts.. but if the whole 'kit' looks like its in harmony together and its something i cannot duplicate.. then i will buy the kit.

but papers are the first thing that draws my attention

UnDecided
10-01-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm getting to like paper packs more and more. Having said that...I like full kits, but will buy paper packs if the papers are what I like most in the kit. If the embellishments are nothing special or don't look realistic to me, then I prefer the papers. But if everything looks good, I'll buy the kit.

I'm sure that didn't really answer the question, lol...

Basically, if a kit only includes things that I already have and could easily recolor, OR if the elements aren't my style or up to my standards for realism, then I will buy the paper pack.

But, if I love everything in the kit, I will buy the kit. But, I also don't mind when designers put out paper packs with matching embellie packs and alphas...that way I can choose. As long as the price of those 2 things don't go over how much I would pay for a kit of it all together, kwim? I've seen some that have about 6 different pieces to their "collections" and charge $3 a piece. That's when I don't bother buying anything, because then I'd be paying $18 for a kit. Does that make sense?

My thoughts exactly!

lbth-mi
10-02-2005, 11:24 PM
I like the fact that someone (not me) has taken the time to coordinate the pieces in the kit. I'm doing the same thing more and more with my paper scrapping.

AmyJo
10-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Golly, since I upgraded cameras, I have been focusing more on my photos than the kits, so, I have mainly been using papers only (just like I would if I were paper scrapping because I can't afford all of the cute doo dads) - but like the alphas sometimes too...all depends upon my mood - but since I have gobs of elements and the ability to create the same sorts that would be in the element pack or a kit, I usually can't justify buying a whole kit if only papers are offered - and many times, I skip whole kits because I can't afford them, but might have fudged on the budget had it just been a paper pack.

Candiflip
10-17-2005, 10:23 PM
I really like to buy whole kits. I like to have all the elements that come with them. But I have bought just paper packs before.

Kim2002
10-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Lately, I've been focusing more on just papers because I've been simplifying my layouts to be more graphic - more white space. So the papers are my first choice.....but if they are part of a kit, that's fine. The thing I've noticed is that more and more shops are offering everything separated and it just adds up to too much money. It would be nice if they offered a kit of everything for a reduced price.

holly
10-20-2005, 11:09 AM
i always say i'm just going to do paper packs but then....once i'm done, i'm like, WHOA this would be cute as a tag, or a gellie. HEE HEE

aldelbec
10-20-2005, 12:12 PM
I actually buy kits, ALL of them, but I rarely use the elements. They are fun to have just in case I need them, you never know.
Delia

KristiG
10-20-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm usually drawn to Kits. I love seeing all the coordinating pieces and papers. But lately I've also been buying just paper kits.

DragonFly
10-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Kit!!!

I have used paper packs and those are the LOs I usually make my own embellies for!

mbrattain
10-20-2005, 06:02 PM
I usually buy kits. I'm a fanatic about everything coordinating. I must admit though that lately I've bought a few paper packs. I'm also a sucker for paper.