PDA

View Full Version : so free taco, eh?

meems
10-25-2007, 11:42 PM
I don't know why but this is totally cracking me up. So I guess someone stole a base during the World Series so Tuesday Oct 30, 2-5pm everyone gets a free taco from Taco Bell.

Rynonut Mom
10-26-2007, 12:17 AM
I heard they were talking about it in the duggout the other night - LOL!
And - Yum!!!

Paula
10-27-2007, 01:47 AM
Yummy!! I wish we had a Taco Bell here!

meems
10-27-2007, 02:35 PM
wow, Paula, there's no Taco Bell by you? bummer. although for Mexican I prefer Baja Fresh. But for cheap, Taco Bell is good LOL.

I wish I had a Sonic by me. I've never been but I keep seeing commercials on TBS(?).

ccouch
10-27-2007, 02:50 PM
oh, Mimi!! You just don't know what you're missing! Sonic ROCKS!!

meems
10-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Dang, how come there is no Sonic around here??? No Chick Fil A either . . .

mzkellyb
10-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Oh Mimi - Sonic is awesome! We have commercials all the time for it and the closest one is like 2 hours from us. We had a couple in our town when we lived in NC.

I have to cringe though on the thought of Taco Bell, as much as I like their quesadillas and the boys usually eat pretty well when we go there, we just watched Super-Size Me last weekend and man, even thinking about fast food makes me cringe. lol

Darcy Baldwin
10-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Oh man.. Sonic Coke is THE.best.coke.ever.

ajoyfulheart
10-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Oh yeah, Kelly...it took me several months to recover from watching Super Size Me...now I"m back to eating crapola again...maybe I should watch the movie one more time! LOL

Sonic is yummified, and I'm a HUGE fan of Taco Bell...Chic-Fil-A, not so much...I do like their commercial though :)

meems
10-27-2007, 07:39 PM
How is Sonic coke different from a regular Coke?

LOL, The Supersize movie effect didn't last on me long. I was back to eating crap in no time. DH though was seriously traumatized by the french fry DVD extra.

what is so wonderful about Sonic? why do people love it so? the nearest Sonic is 133 miles away.

~Shawna~
10-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Our nearest Sonic is right down the street! Right now I'm in love with their Frito Chili Cheese Jr. Wrap Snacks which I can never say correctly when I place my order LOL! Oh & I love the Whoppers Chocolate Shake! Okay now I want some Sonic LOL!

We also love Taco Bell but for some stupid reason they tore down the one nearest to us & they are building a new one. Not sure why cause the old building was perfectly fine! So we are without Taco Bell til its done! I keep hearing about this Baja Fresh place but I don't think we have those near here :(

mzkellyb
10-27-2007, 08:20 PM
I don't know what's so great about Sonic, their grilled cheese it good. I love their breakfast sandwiches too - I think it's the thick Texas toast style bread they use.

I think their Coke is so much better because of their awesome ice ;) lol

~Shawna~
10-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Okay I just looked at the Baja Fresh website & dang that food looks yummy! And of course the closest one to us would be Denver or Dallas-Ft. Worth. Road trip :jumping0047: It looks a little similar to Taco Bueno which we do have here but there's not one real close to us but they do have yummy food!

meems
10-27-2007, 08:35 PM
ok, I am curious now. What is Sonic ice like?

What about Culvers? We have Culvers. I like Culvers.

Steak and Shake? I hardly go there. Hmm, but I could go for a shake now.

Darcy Baldwin
10-27-2007, 09:30 PM
yeha - the ice is what does it. It's not crushed ice, and it's not blocky ice..it's pellet ice. And it makes the coke even colder because there is more surface area for the coke to get in contact with. For some reason, it's just the best..and I'm a serious Coke addict.

Paula
10-27-2007, 10:29 PM
I LOVE Sonic and miss it so much!! The only fast food in this town is Mickey D's and Arby's.

InLoveWithDOTS
10-28-2007, 12:08 AM
I LOVED the stolen base..... I'll pass on the taco, though, LOL :)

jessie97
10-28-2007, 04:31 PM
I love Sonic. I always get a strawberry sprite, dh get a vanilla sprite and the kiddos like Chocolate sprite. I ordered the chocolate sprite one time and they had no clue what I was talking about I think they thought I was really weird.

meems
10-28-2007, 08:14 PM
i've heard of flavored cokes (I love vanilla diet coke). But flavored Sprite. that's a new one. Strawberry sprite sounds good (I'm thinking it's kinda like a Shirley Temple?); vanilla Sprite, maybe; chocolate Sprite? can't fathom that at all.

~Shawna~
10-28-2007, 09:07 PM
I like to get Chocolate Cherry Dr Peppers from Sonic! Yummy!

meems
10-30-2007, 06:58 PM
darn, forgot to get a taco