PDA

View Full Version : So... what did Santa bring you?

Valgal
12-25-2007, 11:19 AM
John (er, Santa) was so good to me this year. I got a docking station for iPod and a digital photo frame. We were only supposed to spend $100 on each other, ha! He so blew that. He got a shop-vac (which he asked for) and a new game for his PS3. Johnny's big gift from us this year is a DS Lite and Eden's is a TV for her room. I have 2 of my out-of-town sisters here... what an awesome Christmas!

(((hugs))) everyone!

rh_scrapbooker
12-25-2007, 11:47 AM
No Santa gift this year...but DH got me an 80gb iPod Classic for Xmas! And I got him an 8gb Sansa MP3 player...

Rachel

Angela
12-25-2007, 01:26 PM
I got an iPod Shuffle!!!! I'm putting music on it now!!!!

annscraps
12-25-2007, 03:36 PM
I got a 500gb EHD (which I will faithfully back up!) and a fancy schmancy flash for my camera that I have no idea how to use! Why is it that the guy who sets the limit on gifts always blows it? Oh well, I guess I was extra good this year :giggle:

KarenLewis
12-25-2007, 07:43 PM
I got a bottle of Sarah Jessica Parkers "Lovely" perfume and the new Nigella Lawson cookbook "Nigella Express". Had a great Christmas!!!

KimberlyGiarrusso
12-25-2007, 08:08 PM
I got a haircut :giggle: and Richard got new seats for his sandrail. *we are pretty practical people around here :rofl:

ajoyfulheart
12-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I got a bottle of Sarah Jessica Parkers "Lovely" perfume and the new Nigella Lawson cookbook "Nigella Express". Had a great Christmas!!!

Oh Karen, I LOVE "Lovely"...I've been wearing it for about a year now...although, my new fav is Hillary Duff's "With Love"...SO fantastic :)

I didn't get squat, this year...but I did tell my hubby that I didn't want him to buy me anything, so that's why ;)

The big gifts for my two oldest (11 and 12) were MP3 players...they've had those things in their ears ALL day :rolleyes:

meems
12-25-2007, 08:31 PM
hmmm, I tell DH that we each got 2 tires since a couple weeks ago we had to replace all four tires on the minivan.

Val, that's great about being with your sisters!

annscraps
12-25-2007, 09:06 PM
I got a haircut :giggle: and Richard got new seats for his sandrail. *we are pretty practical people around here :rofl:

I gotta know - what is a sandrail?:rolleyes: Is that a ski-doo for sand instead of snow!

crazygirl
12-25-2007, 09:16 PM
I got a 500g ehd, not really for xmas just kinda needed it and dh decided to buy me on with his bonus.. ROFL..
But we are going to Vegas tomorrow.
Staying at the Hard Rock hotel, and going to see Blue Man Group.
with NO kids.. bwahahhahaahahaa!!!

cameragirl
12-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Hello everyone,
Santa was very nice to me this year, I got one of the wacom bamboo tablet, now I have to learn to use it. It takes a little getting a little use to using the pen. If anyone has any pointers about using it please I need all the help I can get.
Leia

kresta
12-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Ooh, sounds like everyone had a great time!

I got a new 50-200 lens for my camera!!! I had no idea DH even knew I wanted one, so it was a huge surprise, and a really good one!

Sweeet
12-25-2007, 11:35 PM
...I didn't get anything, as hard it is to believe..wahhhhhhhh! My 9 y.o. kept looking under the tree and was so bummed...eh well.

Brandy
12-26-2007, 12:18 AM
I got alot of good stuff from the family (inlaws and my huge family lol) i got
-tshirt/jacket/sweat jacket/socks/hoodie
-Food Processor
-Smoothie Maker
-Pots/Silverware
-towels
-Perfume
-Sugarland Cd

and i think that is all.

Charla
12-26-2007, 07:37 AM
I got "Understanding Exposure," a flash diffuser, two TDC shirts (:giggle:)...DH got me a book specifically for Nikon D40/D40X so I can learn more specifics about that camera. (oh, I did get a bunch of non-photography stuff too)
And MIL gave me the money to get my handwriting turned into a font!!!! YAY!!!!
:)
DH got a "micro helicopter" from me, his favorite gift (well, 'til his mom got him an iPod Nano!!!) ;)
And the girls got tons of things that need to be set up and need batteries. They'll be very entertained!

Valgal
12-26-2007, 10:24 AM
I love all our geeky techo things, lol! Only a group of digi-girls would be thrilled about EHDs. LOL! But seriously, Kim... a haircut? :confused:

rh_scrapbooker
12-26-2007, 11:15 AM
My sister got me Tim Grey's "Lightroom Workflow" book - she seemed surprised that I was all excited to get it! :)

Mostly got gift cards or cash/check from family, so I may be getting myself PSCS3 upgrade today. :D

Rachel

amanda heimann
12-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Santa spoiled me this year!

In addition to the Canon xti that I opened early he got me a Crumpler bag to put it in. And then the last box I opened (he planned this) had a teddy bear in it from a jewelry store. There was nothing else there so I was a little confused. Then Billy got down on one knee and slipped a ring on my finger. It is a gorgeous wedding band. My original one was damaged and I have not worn it in 5 years. He took it and had the diamond mounted in a new setting. I was totally surprised because I thought we were waiting for our 10th anniversary to replace it.

annscraps
12-26-2007, 01:02 PM
:holysheep: That is a great gift Amanda!!! You must have been a very nice girl this year! What a sweet hubs you have!!!

I totally agree about the gifts we get excited about. That is why I love coming here - chatting with people who just understand me!

I was going to say something about the haircut Kim - but who knows with all of those kids around that is probably a special treat. :rofl:

I bought by hubs a dyson hand held vac. My SIL thought I was nuts. She said if she bought her hubs a vacuum for Christmas she would be sleeping in the garage. lol I know he liked it though cause he was revving it up at 1:30 in the morning when he was supposed to be assembling!!!!

Sounds like almost everyone got great stuff - except for the lack of a gift :break_everything:

That makes me sad for you. Wish I could share my schtuff with you. If you are ever in Saskatchewan, Canada - look me up! :giggle: I think I would wet myself a little if I ever actually got to meet any of you face to face! I think I have the best chance of meeting Yvette, she only lives a short 9 hour drive from me!

tamra
12-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, as you probably already know, I got a new camera (Nikon D40X) WOOHOO, and dh got a new laptop plus some new software for it. We are usually super practical like Kim - actually this is probably the first year we have really gotten things for each other for Christmas! (besides the new glasses/contacts, tires, shoes... basically, things we needed to get anyway!)
The kids were happy with their things, too. My oldest (11) kept saying that this was the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER! (... we'll see how long that lasts until he is bored with everything and complaining that he didn't get anything good! - does anyone else have one of these children?)

meems
12-26-2007, 01:52 PM
I got "Understanding Exposure,"
I got that book too! from my sister (per my request LOL).

meems
12-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Santa spoiled me this year!

In addition to the Canon xti that I opened early he got me a Crumpler bag to put it in. And then the last box I opened (he planned this) had a teddy bear in it from a jewelry store. There was nothing else there so I was a little confused. Then Billy got down on one knee and slipped a ring on my finger. It is a gorgeous wedding band. My original one was damaged and I have not worn it in 5 years. He took it and had the diamond mounted in a new setting. I was totally surprised because I thought we were waiting for our 10th anniversary to replace it.
what a sweet DH!

Julie Johnson
12-26-2007, 02:14 PM
We didn't get each other anything this year after having spent a bunch on the wedding last month. We did, however, get a ton of stuff for the kiddos including a Wii :) They were all very happy!

Priscilla
12-26-2007, 02:30 PM
the best gift?

this:

http://www.hedlin.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/lucas-money-shot.jpg

Karah
12-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Priscilla - is that what I think it is??? Woohoo!!!

Fun gifts everyone! Dh rocked my socks off with a new computer that he custom built for me with graphic design in mind. He keeps telling me about how he put such and such graphics card in, and how this has this component and he put this other thing in there all to optimize it for doing graphic designs. It was totally unexpected and I'm SOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!! Oh I also got a new Cutco knife from my parents that I've been coveting for a while. LOL.

Priscilla
12-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Priscilla - is that what I think it is??? Woohoo!!!

If you think I am the new mommy to almost 2 boys (already have one DS) then yes!! :D

Karah
12-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Yay!!! Boys are so much fun - I have three myself. :) Congrats!!!

StaceyD
12-26-2007, 09:15 PM
I got a new EHD!! Now I can scrap again!

YvetteSanders
12-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Awesome news Priscilla! I already had my big gift before Christmas (the canon speedlight), but I also found out DH is getting an automatic car starter installed in my van (no more freezing my butt off in -30 c. weather yay!). MIL got me some beautiful leather gloves and the softest scarf I've ever touched. My mom got me an adorable digital keychain frame - lots of odds and ends and stocking stuffers - DS got me the newest Harry Potter movie.

The best part of Christmas this year was the day after - boxing day in Canada is huge for deals on electronics so DH got up at 3 am and drove to the store to wait in line until 6am to pick up a computer and monitor for a surprise birthday gift for his mom - she has never had a computer - it was so much fun - I have never seen her so surprised!

AndreaBurns
12-27-2007, 12:44 PM
I got my Crate and Barrel China Hutch and a new black Ipod Nano w/ armband!

YAY!

chloe
12-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Gosh, you gals have been nice this year, 'cause santa spoiled you! LOL!!

Since I was traveling by train, I asked for light and easy to transport gifts, so I mainly got money to buy 2 new couches... and I definitely have to save some of it for some digistuff, especially to make my own custom font! Get ready, Darcy, I'm coming! ROFL!!

Charla
12-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Chloe, isn't it fun?? I'm so excited about getting my handwriting! :D

Amanda, how romantic!

Priscilla, how exciting! He's going to be so embarrassed someday that the picture of his, er, private parts are all over the internet :giggle: Congratulations. :)

Yay Stacey! :D
Beautiful, Andrea!

We're definitely in withdrawal/overdose mode around here right now. After two solid days opening presents and a total of three with family and out of the house most of those days, the girls and I are all on a rather short fuse. I didn't get much to "play" with, but I'm having fun cleaning things up (like my exciting cast-iron frying pans :giggle:) and finding homes for them.

And dreaming dreams of decluttering....

:rofl:

d2vasquez
12-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh I saw Kim's new do - it is cute.....and shorter! Congrats Priscilla how awesome and wow everyone got some cool stuff. I didn't get anything per se but a sworn promise from my dh to overhaul and install new shelves and cabinets for my scrapbook area. My paper stuff is just out of control and I need space!! Dh got lots of new stuff for his SLR which kind of benefits me cuz I get better photos and the "hot" gift in our home was the Wii my girls thought "they would never get in a million years" - which was almost right! LOL!!

chloe
12-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Oh I saw Kim's new do - it is cute.....and shorter!

We want to see it too! Picture time, Kim!!!

Priscilla
12-27-2007, 04:57 PM
I did it to William too :D

He still doesn't know :D
C
Priscilla, how exciting! He's going to be so embarrassed someday that the picture of his, er, private parts are all over the internet :giggle: Congratulations. :)

:rofl:

Paula
12-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Well, I got some great gifties.

DH and I got a new iMac this August, so we had planned on not buying each other gifts this year. But that stinker bought my CS3 for my birthday/Christmas.

My mom gave me a charm watch that I LOVE.
My in-laws bought us new tires for our car (long story).
My SIL gave us Disney Scene It.
My brother and his family gave us Balderdash.
My grammy gave me a real cool blender AND pots and pans.

So, it was an awesome Christmas.