PDA

View Full Version : Black & White pic with Color? In PSP??

Laura87
10-07-2005, 07:48 PM
How do you create a black and white picture with colored clothes or eyes etc? Such as this l/o has by sweetnsassymommy
http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2648/cat/578
I have Paintshop Pro.
Thanks so much for any help!! =)

SarahJ
10-07-2005, 09:52 PM
what i do is usuallyh duplicate the layer and turn the top layer to black and white. then I go and erase the black and white part so the color shows through. it really is easy to do! you could also use your lasso to select the area you want to make colored and delete it that way. the edge seeker usually works pretty well for me. you will have to post your results if you try it! hope that helps! :)

SweetNSassyMommy
10-08-2005, 02:42 AM
Hi Laura : )

I use photoshop elements and I do what sarah said, duplicate your color photo so that you have two layers, turn your top layer black and white and then erase the area that you want the original color to show through. The trick is to use a blurry/soft edge brush as your eraser and you'll get a nice belended look. When I first started practicing this look, I tried using other hard brushes to erase with or the lasso and it always looked cut out and hard. Go slowly, click near the edge but not right on it and the blurred edge of the soft brush will erase/soften just enough so it looks nice.

Good luck and hope this helps even though it isnt PSP instructions. I can't find my disc for PSP or I would give it a go and let you know for sure!
Robin

Laura87
10-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Thanks so much ladies for your help!! I did it!! And it was so fun!! =) And super easy!! I did a layout using the pic I recolored... here is the link http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2949 Thanks again!!! Im so excited!! =)

Leora
10-13-2005, 01:16 AM
I do it (in PS 6.0) by desaturating the pic and then clicking on the history brush tool, choosing the right brush size and then "painting" over the parts that I want colored. :)

LauraBelle
10-23-2005, 12:56 AM
it hadn't occured to me that i could do this with elements! i'm excited to try it! thanks!!!