PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff: Whatcha going to do with your stimulus payment?

d2vasquez
04-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Ok so I am really excited that May is almost here and I have tons of plans for my stimulus payment - we are going to get the full package of CS3 Suite for me (yeah me), upgrade the memory on my laptop, and buy a new lens for our digital slr for dh......and then have some pizza! LOL kidding but the kids should get something too right???? Anyways our lists of "wishes" changes but curious to see what you guys might be wishing for......

Oh and if you are not sure when or how much you will be getting, the IRS has a whole page dedicated to it here: http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179181,00.html

Karah
04-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Unfortunately ours will be going right into the savings acct. HAHAHA It'll be going towards doing work on our new house when we get one :)

Charla
04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I think ours is likely paying off some debt.
(well, it's exciting to me!)

StaceyD
04-14-2008, 02:47 PM
I already spent mine on a Nikon D40X!!:omg_smile

amanda heimann
04-14-2008, 02:48 PM
A NEW COMPUTER! Yes, I am very excited! I will be getting a laptop! My boys can have P.O.C. (that is the name of this computer- piece of crap) and I will have my very own laptop.

Now I just need to decide what color to get.

sprauncey1
04-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Well the money we get for having the boys we are putting into their college funds to be invested. And the rest of the money DH and I are splitting and he will probably spend it on computer parts for his new rig. And me...I'm thinking it's going to the laser hair removal plan for me. Seriously after having the boys, I'm turning into Aunt Ruth (re: Larry the Cucumber)! Course this will probably cost more than I will get so I gotta think of other ways to get some $$! I'm thinking my stamps are headed to ebay...

Deena
04-14-2008, 03:25 PM
I am guessing, catching up on bills :( Up until dh got laid off we had dreams of buying a pretty new TV :P Oh well...

Scrappytonie
04-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Were going to get a swing set for the the kiddies, and the rest will be used for are adult Camping Trip :happy098: we go on in July.

d2vasquez
04-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Well the money we get for having the boys we are putting into their college funds to be invested....

:) My girls were asking me what I was going to do with "their" money.....I made a mental note to not let them watch the news anymore!:happy0159: And lol Amanda - I was trying to think wow I must be out of the loop - not sure what a poc was? LOL nice one! And awww Deena - things always turn when you least expect it.....hugs girl!

sinead
04-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Ours is spoken for...some into savings, and some to pay off a credit card. We have discussed maybe a new tv for the living room, but I'm not sure if that's in the cards.

ploogiea
04-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Summer travel--we're going to India and jet fuel is pricey!

Priscilla
04-14-2008, 04:12 PM
we got behind on a few CC -- so paying off that -- I am sure We'll do a little shopping, but not much.

~Julie~
04-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Im going to pay some bills and hopefully have some left over for some summer clothes.

crazygirl
04-14-2008, 05:28 PM
huh, i should be getting money?!!.. my hubby is holding out on me.. the little stinker!! ROFL!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
jk.. i'm sure our money is all gone already.. LOL!
or will be spent on our spring trip in 2 weeks.. oh well.. easy come, easy go i suppose!

Mandy
04-14-2008, 06:49 PM
It's going to DH for his race car he's building and NO I'm not exactly content with that decision. LOL!

annscraps
04-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Where do I sign up for this? :giggle:

Seriously though - what you guys talking about?

d2vasquez
04-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Jacque the money hasn't come yet and if you are eligible - with all your kids you should have a chunk of change! Might want to talk to your dh tonight LOL! Look at the link in my first post for more info.....and uh yeah Mandy I am not sure I would be excited for that too - this was your first year of working - you deserve a little pampering.....

And Ann in a nutshell, in America they are giving us money (or some) in hopes that we will spend it since the economy is not so rosy here. :) The first round of checks go out on May 2nd - I get mine on May 9th. They are saying, if you qualify, married couple could get $1200 and then $300 for each dependent they have and if you are single, you could get $600. I won't go into the political ramification of this or if this makes sense though.... :)

rh_scrapbooker
04-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Ours is going directly to the auto loan, every single penny. We are working on paying off all debt, and my student loan is *this* close to getting paid off (we're paying off Monday). After the student loan, it's the car loan, then it's the durango loan.

Rachel

KimberlyGiarrusso
04-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Medical bills from a certain new member of the family :giggle:

Charla
04-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Rachel, that's awesome!! It feels soooo good to see a loan get paid off completely! We're working on that too.

AndreaBurns
04-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Bills here too......

onescrappymom
04-14-2008, 10:26 PM
We are paying the remaining balance of our weeks vacation (all inclusive) off and then the rest is either going to put the french door and deck on the house OR I might have a little spending spree... LOL we haven't decided yet... depends how much is left to "pay" on the vacation once it arrives, I guess..

~Shawna~
04-14-2008, 10:35 PM
May 9th can't get here soon enough for me!! We are spending ours on fun stuff, no icky bills being paid here lol!

I'm getting a new desktop computer (finally! been stuck using DH's crappy laptop since mine died back in December), a new lens (Canon 28-105mm (http://www.amazon.com/Canon-28-105mm-3-5-4-5-Standard-Cameras/dp/B00004YZQ8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1207006383&sr=1-7)) and remote for my XTi, Rob is getting a Playstation 3, possibly a new swing set for the kids and the girls are getting new Hannah Montana bedding for their room. And if there is any left after that I'm not sure what we'll spend it on, probably some new summer clothes for all of us! Especially Kyle, that kid is growing out of everything we have for him!

d2vasquez
04-14-2008, 11:18 PM
hehehe Shawna - I love what you are getting!

mzkellyb
04-15-2008, 12:57 AM
Well, we should pay off our credit card, not much on it now, but I am trying to convince DH for a new camera (he loves new tech gadgets just as much as I do lol). If I manage to get my way, I'll probably get him a new iPod, I really don't think it'll happen though. Otherwise I think it might go into a savings account for our new dining room set, we agreed once we move we'll get a new table and matching hutch/china cabinet.

jensurge
04-16-2008, 01:35 AM
We're gonna pay off DH's laptop and then he's going to order parts to build me a new custom computer! I have been wanting a faster processor and I can't wait! :happy107:

Hom74
04-16-2008, 02:46 AM
Hmmmm...I want to get a digital keyboard, a new computer in 2009 sometime (haha...maybe that doesn't count then lol), and season passes to a small theme park that's geared towards smaller kids :)

OrphanAnnie1016
04-16-2008, 08:27 AM
May isn't going to get here fast enough. I think we are going to pay on some bills. Possibly getting a new LCD TV since our TV is slowly fading away. lol I'd like to buy the kids some summer clothes. It's all spent that's for sure.

~Shawna~
04-16-2008, 05:03 PM
hehehe Shawna - I love what you are getting!

Oh I know Darla! I can't wait to get my new computer - this laptop is SO darn slow! I won't know what to do with myself when I finally have something that moves fast lol!

I thought of something else we want to do and that is renew our yearly pass to our local zoo, I think we will be spending a lot of time there this summer!

Laura M
04-16-2008, 06:38 PM
New TV stand for family room and savings.

mormishmom
04-16-2008, 10:31 PM
I know DH has it direct deposited so I can't even get my hot little hands anywhere near it! LOL