PDA

View Full Version : Adhesive

mzkellyb
05-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Ok, so I need the help of you fabulous hybrid ladies. I'm wanting to have some supplies on hand - so which kind of adhesive would you generally have on hand? For chipboard projects and things like that? The only glue I've had in my house is Elmer's. lol

kelleighr
05-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Absolutely MUST have Glue Dots. Get the minis that hold embellishments such as buttons and flowers and chipboard, etc. (green box - but they come in flat packages, too, now). Also, I love my Tombow Mono Adhesive. ALWAYS get permanent. I also use Zip Dry liquid glue, Liquid Glass (by Close To My Heart), old fashioned Elmers glue sticks (for paper to paper stuff), and regular old tape (to hold ribbon or strings down on the back of my project).

I'm interested in what others have to say! Always looking for the next great (inexpensive) adhesive!

sprauncey1
05-14-2008, 04:13 PM
For my paper parts I used my Xyron and for buttons and stuff I use glue dots. You can also put ribbons and other thin things through the xyron as well and it puts an even amount of adhesive on them. Just what I do!

ccouch
05-14-2008, 04:57 PM
I love, love, love my Tombo Mono Adhesive. I've also been using some double-sided tape from my LSS that I really like *but I don't remember what it is just now!

Darcy Baldwin
05-14-2008, 05:00 PM
ATG, baby!

ROFL

I loved my ATG gun, back in the day. It's the adhesive/gun that framers use. It's a bit of an investment (about $35 to start) but it was pennies to use compared to any other adhesive out there.

mzkellyb
05-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to make a list and see what I can find when I get out this week. I went to my closest Joann's the other day and they had 1 aisle of scrapping stuff. So I just placed an order of other things online today, I saw glue dots on the website, should have grabbed them! :)

ploogiea
05-14-2008, 06:50 PM
I also use my Xyron(s) for most stuff. When I need something REALLY sticky, I use the Terrifically Tacky Tape (I think it's by Provo Craft) or the Glue Lines from ThermoWeb. My wet glue of choice is Beacon's Fabric Tac.

~Shawna~
05-14-2008, 07:29 PM
I mostly use Mod Podge, my 2" Xyron Cheetah and double sided sticky tape. I want to pick up some of the Tombow Mono Multi & the Glue Dots to try too though!

goofy4dj
05-16-2008, 02:23 PM
I like these too. Great recs.

The one glue stick I love I don't see mentioned here yet.... Uhu! I get the colored (which dries clear) and use it on nearly all my altered projects. It's awesome!

JenBinAZ
05-17-2008, 03:44 PM
OMg you totally have to get your hands on the glues from Beacon Industries - I can't find them locally, but we did a spread on them in Ready-Set-Create and now I use their various glues for all my chipboard and heavy stuff - the Zip dry rocks, they have a fabrictac glue that rocks for ribbons, primas, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask Kim - we drooled together!

putri
05-19-2008, 01:16 AM
I love my ATG gun!

I am a huge paper person and when I heard about this at SplitCoastStampers and TwoPeas, I went ahead and bought one. Yes, big investment the first time about inexpensive after that.

The glue tapes are at $2.85 for 36 yards... or something like that.

But, if you're just doing it a bit here and there, the tombo is nice. I love glue dots. There are things that tombo/atg can't do as well.

scrapbubba
05-20-2008, 02:03 PM
the two I used the most were my glue dots and the Scotch ATG gun. Like a previous poster said the initial investment is about $35 but the refills are cheap and you end up paying off your gun after 4-5 refills. Warning, once you stick it down it is stuck! No moving items around. Great for hybrid scrapping.

mzkellyb
05-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Wow, so many suggestions. I think I am definitely going to invest in some glue dots. I haven't done much hybrid scrapping so I didn't want to invest in something expensive and then find out it wasn't for me. I'm going to make a list though and check out all your suggestions. Thanks!