PDA

View Full Version : OK, so I made these Hybrid flash cards...

ploogiea
06-03-2008, 10:52 PM
for my DS to help him recognize his numbers....he can count, but was having problems 'reading' the numbers from 10-20....at least that's the excuse I gave myself for making the flash cards....in reality I really liked the flourish brushes from Cinzia and the papers from Tracy Lee and needed a good excuse to use them together and this was it....well, turns out, my son LOVEs these flash cards....if I forget to review them with him one day, he brings them to me and says "mommy, you forgot to do my numbers"...I swear, in one week he's learned them all....I may have to send them to school with him to help the other kids...it's amazing...I may have to generate other themed sets of these to teach how to read.....anyways, here they are (and they really work too!):

http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/105097/ppuser/13090

http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/data/1302/flash_cards_finished_72_dpi.jpg

sinead
06-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Those are so cute!! You're giving me an idea for some cards with some basic word pairings (like at, ig, et and then the letters of the alphabet). What fun for my budding reader!!

kelleighr
06-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Great idea! I think there is something about showing your child something YOU MADE that makes them so much more interested in the finished product. I made a bird-shaped mini-album for my mother-in-law, and my son watched me do a couple of the pages. He insisted that I make one for him as well. Both of my boys LOVE to hold my mini-albums!!

This has inspired me to try some flashcards for my little budding reader! He is DETERMINED to read before he hits kindergarten. And that is not until 2009! (OK, that was a shameless mommy pride moment. Sorry about that. I can't help it.)

jenbalding
06-03-2008, 11:47 PM
awesome, awesome, awesome!!

sinead
06-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Oh, Kelleigh, you're inspiring me!

mzkellyb
06-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Those are great flashcards! Want to make a set for me? lol

KimberlyGiarrusso
06-04-2008, 01:11 PM
DUUUUDE! Those are so awesome!!!!!!!!!

ploogiea
06-04-2008, 01:52 PM
This has inspired me to try some flashcards for my little budding reader! He is DETERMINED to read before he hits kindergarten. And that is not until 2009! (OK, that was a shameless mommy pride moment. Sorry about that. I can't help it.)

Mommy pride moments are AWESOME! Keep being proud, 'cause soon they'll be teenagers!

Jubeefish
06-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Awesome idea! I was thinking about making a set for reading (site words) as well to keep up all the great things Hannah learned in Kindergarten. Love your project!

Did you laminate them? If not how are they holding up?

ploogiea
06-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Did you laminate them? If not how are they holding up?

They're laminated...I use a laminating cartridge in my Xyron to protect them.

JenBinAZ
06-04-2008, 09:24 PM
I am so gonna use this idea ... but also add cute boys for my 11 yr old niece who just got held back in 5th grade - she can't grasp multiplication or division :( but High School Musical boys + pretty digi elements and ribbons might equal success!

TraceyLee
06-04-2008, 09:26 PM
what a great idea, and they turned out great!

yes, definitely send them to school. i'm sure that the teachers would love to see them, and use them. :D

kelleighr
06-04-2008, 09:28 PM
I am so gonna use this idea ... but also add cute boys for my 11 yr old niece who just got held back in 5th grade - she can't grasp multiplication or division :( but High School Musical boys + pretty digi elements and ribbons might equal success!

Oh, my gosh!! I have GOT to see what you come up with!!!

Laura M
06-07-2008, 09:48 AM
I love those ...what a great idea.

putri
06-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Super cute!!! I was thinking of doing a basic words one for dd. She's wanting to learn how to read. This is great!!!