PDA

View Full Version : Tips for pictures...

Lizzi
10-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Heading to the local pumpkin patch this weekend with the family and wondering if any of you have tips on taking great pics with pumpkins! This is our first trip so I am not sure what to expect (except for a lot of ORANGE!)

Thanks!

AmyJo
10-14-2005, 05:18 AM
My tip is to NOT buy a 90# pumpkin with plans of putting the darling child into it after you clean it for fantastic photo op - I tried this when Cam was about 18 months old and boy are those some LOVELY photos of a SCREAMING & TERRIFIED child. He really had a bad time. :D

Other tip - don't be afraid to lie on the ground to get good shots on his level ;)
And lastly - candid shots are my fave so try for some of those :D

Crsttt
10-14-2005, 01:16 PM
My Tip is Take TONS of Pics! :) I love fall and Pumpkin patch photos every year I go crazy. I take everything from the goards to the sunflowers and of course the family too. :)

Have fun we are going next week for a field trip for DD's class...I can't wait.

rh_scrapbooker
10-14-2005, 02:12 PM
I agree with the "take tons of pics" ---- if you are the type to follow the publication calls, they'll be wanting halloween layouts in February/March, so having the pics to choose from to do a layout is a good thing. :)

Rachel

My Tip is Take TONS of Pics! :) I love fall and Pumpkin patch photos every year I go crazy. I take everything from the goards to the sunflowers and of course the family too. :)

Have fun we are going next week for a field trip for DD's class...I can't wait.

sinead
10-14-2005, 04:58 PM
We went for this year's first pumpkin patch run last weekend (and will probably do two more in the coming weeks). I took TONS of photos. I also brought a couple of different outfits, just for variety and because I wasn't sure what would work best. I really like denim (like overalls or an overall dress) because it really seems to make the orange of the pumpkins stand out.

Most places don't mind if you move some pumpkins around to get a good shot, though you might want to go early in the day if you have this in mind. I usually end up buying a couple, and I've never had anyone say anything to me about moving some of their props.

Good luck--pumpkin pictures are fun!