PDA

View Full Version : Another hybrid book

kelleighr
06-07-2008, 01:15 PM
http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/data/655/Katie_s-mini-album_web.jpg (http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/106787/ppuser/13460)

I used the chewed on old book show up there, and Mod Podge to hold it all together. I put Mod Podge on the back of the paper and on the pages in the book, let them get tacky, then put them together. I WILL Pod Podge the pages to protect them from little fingers.

Little tips -

When you add your own paper to these little books, it makes them SUPER fat on the right hand side, so I wrapped a ribbon around the whole project and glued it under the front cover. Now it can be tied closed.

I sanded the edges of all of my pages because I didn't measure it all perfectly. You can't even tell once everything is sanded! I also used a black marker on the inside crease. I wish I had taken the time to just paint that with white paint before sticking my pages down.

I should have lightly sanded the pages of the board book to remove some of the shiny before I adhered the paper. I wonder if my pages will peel off, however I hope the top coat of Mod Podge will prevent that. Andrea suggested that I use my sewing machine a bit, so I might try that tip just to make sure everything stays. It's fine right now, but I made it for little hands!

I LOVE how this turned out and will be making one for myself (and my boys) since this is a gift for Katie (the little angel I watch).

anotherjenny
06-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Love how you've used a recycled book...I've got to try this!

mzkellyb
06-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Such a great idea! Love how it turned out!

chloe
06-07-2008, 04:07 PM
This is simply terrific!!

sinead
06-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Love it! I tried one, and the pages peeled off after one session of looking with my 4.5 yr old. I'll have to try sanding the pages and start over again.

Rynonut Mom
06-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Oh yeah!!!!! I have so many chewed up books around here from little dude! I need to do this!

Did you rebuild the front cover? Add extra to it to fix it up before added the stuff to it???

kelleighr
06-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Oh yeah!!!!! I have so many chewed up books around here from little dude! I need to do this!

Did you rebuild the front cover? Add extra to it to fix it up before added the stuff to it???

Nope! I just made sure I didn't cut the corner too much.

d2vasquez
06-07-2008, 09:22 PM
oh I have been itching to do this too.....now that school is almost over for the kids I am hoping I can play some!

putri
06-10-2008, 12:09 PM
This is super awesome!!! I have a couple old books that I can use. Great, great, idea!!!

ploogiea
06-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Gorgeous....what an awesome transformation!!!

tamra
06-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Love how these turn out. I must try it myself sometime!

Cherry
06-12-2008, 11:56 AM
What a gorgeous tranformation! I love the idea to use this old book and the whole deisgned pages!

Amazing, you're talented!