PDA

View Full Version : Copy and Paste in PS?

ScrapWithNikki
10-16-2005, 02:49 AM
I am a die-hard fan of PaintShopPro and have been using it for years. I really like Photoshop though and want to learn it. But I don't like the fact that I can't right click on the top of the image and copy and paste like I can in psp. Please someone tell me there is a shortcut or easier way than using the select edit and copy in PS! TIA :)

ditzyscrap
10-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Hi, Nikki! :) In PS, if you want to copy/paste you have to use the selection tools if you want to just copy an area that isn't the whole file...but if you want to copy/paste the WHOLE element file, you can simply:

Ctrl+A (select all)
Ctrl+C (copy)
Ctrl+V (paste)

Also in PS, you can drag and drop instead of copy/paste. Just grab the element with the move tool, hold down the mouse button and drag it over your layout canvas window, then release. It will drop it onto your layout, then just use the move tool to position it where you want it (because when you drop, it will drop wherever your mouse points).

You can also mix and match these...use the selection tool to select an area you want to move, then select the move tool and then click inside your selected area, drag and drop. :)

HTH!

ScrapWithNikki
10-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Oh thank you thank you thank you! I knew there just had to be an easier way! I had no idea you could drag and drop, that will definitely help me out lots! Ok gonna go play in PS now yay!

UnDecided
10-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Great Sweetie Nikki!