PDA

View Full Version : Digi Camera Battery Life??

Laura87
10-16-2005, 02:57 PM
I just bought my very 1st digital camera Friday night. And am so excited!! I can really be camera happy now!! -And I was bad b/4!! Not too sure how I lasted this long w/out one!!

Anyways! Since yesterday morning till this morning I have gone through 10 AA batteries.... it takes 2, so I have run out of "juice" 5 times!! I havent kept it on the enire time, (I turn it off when Im not using it) and only used it for no more then a half hour at a time (not even that long for the most part) ...and thats having had to change batteries in that time too. I now take the batteries out when Im not using it, but that doesnt seem to help.

Is this normal for a digi camera, or is mine defective? Its an HP PhotoSmart M22 if that helps.

TIA!!!

MizAmyLou
10-16-2005, 04:37 PM
There are these silver AA batteries..silver and blue..of the top of my head I want to say they are duracell, but don't quote me on that. They last MUCH longer that regular standard AA's. They will say on the package that they are for cameras, etc. But really, you should look into some rechargables. They last longer each use, and you can reuse them. My Photosmart could really go through some juice so i know exactly where you're coming from ;)

AmyJo
10-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Your best investment will be an Energizer 15 minute charger and 2 sets of batteries. The charger kit comes with 4 AA batteries for $30 (approx.), and a second set is $10 - there's really no other way to handle battery consumption (we have game boys, and kid toys etc...)

The LCD screens on most digi cams suck their batteries dry...we had a Casio that was EXCELLENT on battery consumption, my batteries always outlasted my friends that had the Minolta (basically same version as my Casio) by at least 4x

Anyhow, doesn't really matter, the 15 minute charger is the most wonderful charger we've ever bought (and I think we have 4 of them because some came with cameras). They also sell AAA for it too (remotes, smaller cameras...mp3 players) :)

Laura87
10-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks so much for the help!! Ill be sure to get rechargable batteries! I was *really* hoping something was wrong with the camera!! =( That stinks!! But good to know!! Thanks again for the advise!! Youve both been a big help!! =)

frankcassiesmom
12-09-2005, 07:16 PM
As far as rechargeable yeah you have to get the blue package lithium photo batteries. They last a pretty long time for sure. Now I am getting an SLR and will not be using to AA but I have used those photo batteries for a long time and they are great too.

jplaw55746
12-10-2005, 12:09 AM
We found that Energizer 2500mAh and rayovac rechargables have been the best, we have had poor luck with the Duracell

hawaiianbrat96
12-10-2005, 12:50 AM
I use Energizer. My batteries last up to two days in one set, depending on how many pictures I take. Most times, I don't have to change my batteries in one day.

I learned the hard way is that you have to go rechargeable. I use the Engergizer ones that are meant for digital cameras. They are silver and green. Look at the packages before you invest. Some do not have cameras or say for digital cameras, and then you will be stuck changing them out all the time. My SIL did this and she was mad bc I wasn't always changing my batteries!!

jplaw55746
12-10-2005, 01:03 AM
I use Energizer. My batteries last up to two days in one set, depending on how many pictures I take. Most times, I don't have to change my batteries in one day.

I learned the hard way is that you have to go rechargeable. I use the Engergizer ones that are meant for digital cameras. They are silver and green. Look at the packages before you invest. Some do not have cameras or say for digital cameras, and then you will be stuck changing them out all the time. My SIL did this and she was mad bc I wasn't always changing my batteries!!
Look for the 2500mAh....that makes a big difference, thats how much energy the cell stores when you charge it up, it will be to the left of the batteries in the package. (here is why its important (http://www.energizer.com/products/rechargeables/faqs.aspx#3))

anotheraddict
12-11-2005, 02:09 AM
I used rechargeables on my old camera and had 2-3 sets but I didn't go thru nearly as many regular batteries as you are. Now I have a new digi SLR and this battery takes FOREVER to run out - it's sooooo great!