PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Read "Paint Shop Pro - Scrapbooking The Digital Way"?

Dating_Revolutionist
10-22-2005, 09:21 AM
I believe this book came out last year, written by Michelle Shefveland. I recently bought an issue of Memory Makers, "Computer Scrapbooking" and then laughed when I noticed it was from July 2004!! (Found it at my local Archiver's. Finding digital scrapbooking books/mags is about as rare as hen's teeth for me!)

Has anyone read the book? What did you think of it? Jasc's site is offering it for $19.99, but I so wish I could download something. As it is, I'd have to wait three days before the book would arrive.

I am chomping at the bit to get started but I still am so unclear on the basics. I want to have a simple background, then add my photo, then a few embellishments I have already in kits. But I don't know how to make it all work. Any help or reviews on the book would be great.

Thanks much!

Mary Rose

Rhoda.Elisabeth
10-22-2005, 11:26 AM
I believe this book came out last year, written by Michelle Shefveland. I recently bought an issue of Memory Makers, "Computer Scrapbooking" and then laughed when I noticed it was from July 2004!! (Found it at my local Archiver's. Finding digital scrapbooking books/mags is about as rare as hen's teeth for me!)

Has anyone read the book? What did you think of it? Jasc's site is offering it for $19.99, but I so wish I could download something. As it is, I'd have to wait three days before the book would arrive.

I am chomping at the bit to get started but I still am so unclear on the basics. I want to have a simple background, then add my photo, then a few embellishments I have already in kits. But I don't know how to make it all work. Any help or reviews on the book would be great.

Thanks much!

Mary Rose

I have this book & you don't want to download it! The book is in color with step by step pictures of the program so you know what you're supposed to be looking for, lol!
I bought mine from the Cottage Arts site this spring & I did a few of the tuts from it. I was so excited to get this book & had great intentions of following through.
Due to a job change & my sister being diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, I've put my book aside for the time being.
Anyways, I think you will lobe the book! When I ordered it from Cottage Arts, the shipping was less than the JASC site.
Rhoda

HeidiD
10-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Rhoda! I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Hugs to both of you.

Mary, I'm sure you're anxious to get going on this. I will try to get a basic tutorial going and/or uploaded for you this weekend! In the meantime, do you have any specific questions?

Dating_Revolutionist
10-22-2005, 07:46 PM
You are such a sweetheart! By the way, my husband does some graphic design himself and noticed your avatar. He thought it was adorable! (Not sure if it was a Mindy design?)

Anyway - wow...a tutorial! I suppose what I'm still confused about is how to start! I know I am to open a new image, and to make it a 12x12 dimension at 300 resolution. But then that's it. I'm stuck. I don't understand how to add a new layer (and which kind to use, Raster or Vector) or how to add the embellishments I already have. Once a graphic is laid out, how do you go back to edit it? (Such as resizing or recoloring.)

Say I add a rectangle (woohoo..I got that far!). I'm not sure how to go back and edit the color once I've clicked away from it.

I am catching on slowly, but I admit I get frustrated. I'm so used to other programs and right-clicking to get to the editing menus that it's hard to stop and look up at the toolbar! But I think that's what I need to do with Jasc. It seems most of the sub-menus are laid out that way.

Oh - my husband also introduced me to tubes. (hmmm...doesn't that sound kinky? heheh...) Oh, my! I will definitely have fun with those!!

Thanks bunches for any input. You are golden!

Mary Rose M. (Yep - my first name is Mary Rose..lol)