PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Stock Photos? I don't get it.

Chef
10-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Ok...so I have CS2 and have access to Adobe Stock Photos. When I checked it out the prices were astronomical! Also, I did a search for halloween images using the bridge interface and now I have all these stupid images on my harddrive. Of course, they are tiny versions and basically worthless. I guess I just don't get it. Why are these images now on my harddrive and why are the prices so high? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Susan

UnDecided
10-23-2005, 10:18 PM
The prices for MOST stock photos are outrageous -- I think they're mostly targeted at print publications, in lieu of them taking their own photographs they can just stick a stock photo with it. And I guess the prices are only that high because some people will pay that. I've never had any experience with the Adobe stock photos so I can't tell you how to get rid of them though...

meredith
10-23-2005, 10:36 PM
i don't know anything about adobe stock photos, but i like istockphoto although i am not sure if we can use them in digi-scrap designs still. i have read their tou a couple times and get myself really confused, if anyone has any insight please share :)

anyways, with that site, you buy "credits" each credit is a dollar and different images cost different for different sizes. the largest charge i've seen is ten dollars for a large collection of stuff but most of it is between 1 and 3 dollars.

holly
10-23-2005, 11:24 PM
i think adobe thought it'd be an easier way to get stock items that they sell, susan. not sure how you go about removing it....i'm a member of the photoshop association....maybe i can look for info on their member site when i get some time!