PDA

View Full Version : Could use some help

jesspo
10-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Hello ladies!
I purchased an unfinished step stool @ Joann's this weekend with the intention of decorating it but I'm at a bit of a loss as far as what materials and adhesives would work best. I don't necessarily want to simply paint or stain it so I was thinking of using different patterned papers to cover it. What kind of adhesive would work best for this? My little guy will be using this stool to reach the sink so it will probably need to be waterproofed as well. Is there a special sealant I could use to make it waterproof and not sticky?

I hope you all can help! I have a vision of the finished project, just not sure how to execute!

Thanks soooo much!

KimberlyGiarrusso
10-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Oh Karah made one that is fabulous! I will send her this way!

Karah
10-20-2008, 01:52 PM
I did do one and I LOOOVE how it turned out - and it's still in good shape after being used and abused by my kids are my parents house. LOL.

http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/data/500/karah_hybrid_stool.jpg (http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/102326/ppuser/9748)

You can click on that pic - it'll take you to the gallery where I explained what I did!

Good luck! :)

jjstar
10-20-2008, 01:54 PM
I would use a wood sealant. They would probably in the same area at Joanns as the unstained wood pieces. You could put your paper down and then put this over. Test it on a spot to be sure it isn't going to cause the ink to bleed. If it does bleed I would try to put a layer of mod podge or a spray sealant on first. Good luck! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Hummie
10-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Very cute Karah! I love it! I want to be a Grandma so I can have one!

So, I did some stools as gifts a long time ago....I did paint them. I used stencils to do the child's name ....I put something else on them too...cannot remember, then put varnish over them. (polyurethane) They turned out cute, but I don't think I have photos of them.