PDA

View Full Version : So what's the trick with Modge Podge!

melwilson
12-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Man...I'm ready to admit that I have absolutely no Modge Podge skills what so ever! We are having our staff holiday party for the preschool teachers tomorrow night and I was gonna make my gift. I got the unfinished pressed board 12x12 picture frame and some cute scrap paper...just modge podge it on and voila!

4 frames and two extra trips to the LSS and Michael's later...I'm going tomorrow to purchase a nice gift!!

KimberlyGiarrusso
12-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Modge Podge rocks! Just be sure to use it in moderation. If you over mp you can make a huge mess.

Also there are different types. If you are MPing something you printed I recommend the MP with the blue label (matte for paper)

persnicketyprints
12-27-2008, 02:58 AM
Has anyone used it to make magnets???

jjstar
12-27-2008, 12:49 PM
It also varies on your humidity levels in your area. I've found that living in the south it takes a lot longer to dry and if I've put too much on it seems to stay tacky for way too long. I've started using epoxy spray and it seems to work much better. That is what I used for this book (http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/129604/ppuser/14085).

Jubeefish
12-27-2008, 07:25 PM
I live in a humid climate and I find that I have to use a big foam brush and a very light coat to get Mod Podge to work for me. It's not something you can rush. Also, when adhereing paper to chipboard, etc you have to put MP lightly on both surfaces, let them get tacky and then adhere. Rolling them with a brayer or rolling pin will help. Then after you let it set to dry you can put on the top coat. If you aren't one to wait I recommend trying a spray product instead. :)