PDA

View Full Version : The Confession Thread

AndreaBurns
10-27-2005, 11:26 AM
CONFESSION TIME!!

I confess that I am often in my pajamas, and unshowered till noon. (as I type this too!!)

I confess that I get positively giddy when its my son's naptime, b/c I know its time for Photoshop!

I confess that I don't know how to use brushes. I don't know how to install them, never used them. Brushes scare me.

I confess that I hate the word "digital." It seems so cold and calculated, and it so does NOT describe what we create in our photography and scrap pages.

OK, your turn!!

MarshaZepeda
10-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Um...
ditto & ditto for the first two... except I'll stay in my PJ's until just before dh is scheduled to come home and then I'm rushing to get ready, lol! :34: Actually, I've gotten a LOT better at that and will try to shower really early so that once the kiddos wake up, I just have to get THEM ready... lol! :wink_smil

MandaBean
10-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Um...
ditto & ditto for the first two... except I'll stay in my PJ's until just before dh is scheduled to come home and then I'm rushing to get ready, lol!

It is TOO funny how we sound like the same person with that comment!!

Valgal
10-27-2005, 12:04 PM
I'll confess that I fell asleep last night thinking of new backgrounds I could make with my PSP and that my kids watch at least 2 hours of cartoons on Saturday mornings so that I can 'play', hee hee.

rh_scrapbooker
10-27-2005, 12:05 PM
I confess that I often read the Digi Chick while at work. :wink_smil

I confess that I get positively giddy when DH goes to play XBOX, because it means uninterrupted computer time. We both have computers in the same room, and he's on the computer, he likes to "listen" to TV as background noise. Me, I'm a music background girl.

I confess that brushes scare me. I've only used them twice.

Rachel

Laura87
10-27-2005, 12:08 PM
oh, this is a fun one!! i wanna play too!!!

k, i confess the same #1 answer! except i stay in my jimmer jammers all day! (change them after shoewer, but they are still jammies!) we have 1 car that goes w/ hubby to work....so me and nicky are really homebodies for the most part. we go for walks etc, but now its gettting cold.... this of course doesnt apply on days hubby is home (his sch. rotates), off, or we gong out w/ friends etc.

i also confess that so far this week, ive been too tired to cook dinner, and we have been living off of mac 'n' cheese and hot dogs for the past 3 days! which is not like me at all (those are more lunch meals at our house) but things have been crazy!!

and lastly, i confess i ate almost an entire bag of "brach's bridge mix" (minus the big almond one-- bluch!) last night!!! speaking of which...what ever happened to the coconut cream one that used to be in there?? that was the real reason i ate almost the entire bag! I was looking for the coconut creams!!! -k, i confess that parts not ture!! ;)

SimplySara
10-27-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm in! I too confess to jammies all day! I have a pair of jammie pants from Gap Body, and they are so soft and comfy who wouldn't want to live in them.

I also confess that I love making kits more than I do making LO's. *gasp* I don't know why, but once I started making kits I was hooked. (I'm better at kits than Lo's anyways)

I confess to drinking more diet pepsi than water on most days. This is a habit I would like to break...but it's what keeps a sleep deprived mom going.

Sara

andreavictoria
10-27-2005, 12:48 PM
LOL...we all have so much in common...LOL!

I totally hear ya on the pajamas thing and the Xbox thing too (but in my case, it's PS2).

I confess that I often stay awake late at night working on kits.

I confess that when I see someone scary walking next to my car, I automatically lock the doors.

I confess that I eat way to much junk food to weigh what I weigh.

I confess that I avoid using public restrooms, and when I absolutely have to I hover and use my foot to flush the toilet...lol.

Okay, I'm going to stop now...I don't want you all to think that I'm crazy...LOL!

sweetmindy
10-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Ok so i thought i am the only one in my jammies all day!!!!

I confess i hate to clean the house

I confess i am scare of my lil'sweeties

I confess I just throw my dd in her bed and let her cry to sleep almost everyday.

hahahaha

~Mindy~

hotbreadzeke
10-27-2005, 12:52 PM
I love this thread! I feel so at home because I too, stay in my PJ's until at LEAST noon.

I too am afraid of brushes, curious, but very afraid.

I confess that even though I am doing weight watchers, the other day I ate over half a bag of original Doritos cooler Ranch (it feels so good to get it off my chest... lol)!

I confess that when I go to the grocery store, I wipe down the handle of the cart with a wet wipe because I am a germ-a-phobe.

I confess to being a complete and total digi-scrappin addict. I live for nap time too, because I know I will get my *fix.*

what a fun thread, I feel so much lighter now!
carolita

ditzyscrap
10-27-2005, 01:39 PM
I confess that my house is a bit of a mess, but I don't care to clean it...I'd rather be playing!

I confess that I spend WAY too much time learning little tidbits about things (lol...Erin and Tania think I'm a know-it-all).

I confess that I have forgotten breakfast lunch and dinner to digi scrap and have survived on Pepsi and sweets to keep me alive.

I confess that I LOVE naptime and bedtime in this house...all that quiet...just for ME!

I confess that I used to stop playing to watch TV, but I recently moved my computer to right in front of the TV so I could do both at the same time!

I confess that whenever DH and I talk about getting a dog or having another baby, I think of all the cute pages I would scrap if we had them.

Hom74
10-27-2005, 01:45 PM
I confess that I don't have one Original Layout! I've never scrapped before getting into this digital thing 2mths ago b/c I just can't create. I guess all my LOs are scraplifts or inspired by challenges.

I confess that DH let me get into this b/c I told him it would be FREE. There's lots of freebies. Well...I guess I'm turning into a digi-shopoholic. Like I just HAD to get the SugarDoodle Kit and how can I not *celebrate* the Chef's birthday!!

I confess that after we put the DDs to sleep, I'd rather spend time on my laptop instead of getting the sleep I so need.

I confess that even though I don't have the tv on during the day when I'm alone w/my 2 DDs...I had to use a Barney DVD twice so that I could finish a LO for a challenge!

rh_scrapbooker
10-27-2005, 02:11 PM
I just had to add another one:

- I confess I'm jealous of everyone who gets to sit in their jammies all day, while I'm sitting here in dockers or jeans at work (wishing I was sitting in my jammies or sweatpants).

Rachel

jasbeanie
10-27-2005, 03:06 PM
I confess i digi scrap at work.. shhhh (hey thts the beauty of digi scrapping.. imagine bringing ur paper supplies n scrapping at work! hehee)

I confess i do not do housework much and design or scrap more.... therefore the house is quite a mess hahaa.

I confess digi scrapping is not my only obsession - im beanie obsessed too. :D

I confess I absolutely hate celery! yuck.

I confess that like rachel, im jealous of those who can stay in their jammies all day n work from home

Scraphappy Mom
10-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Okay, I just read all of your "confessions" and here's mine....

I work FT and I confess I'm a little jealous of SAHM's NOT because they get to stay at home with their kids BUT because they get to stay in their jammies all day! Aaah, how I was thinking how nice it would be as I was tugging on my too-tight panythose at 7 a.m.!

Last confession, I'm supposed to be at the mall buying my daughter a leotard for gymnastics tonight at 6pm but I got sidetracked by the freebies on this site!!

This was a fun thread!

Kimberly

Laura_A
10-27-2005, 05:05 PM
OK, my turn...

I confess that I'm no different than ya'll... I say in my jammies as long as possible. I drive DD to school in the morning, so I have to get dressed, but before she started, It was usually 11:00 ish before I'd get dressed.

I confess I have been obsessed with Jon Bon Jovi since 1987.

I confess I have a whole scrap room full of paper supplies that I don't get to use very often since the digi obsession took over my life.

AndreaBurns
10-27-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm dying! These are great!!!snorting over Jon Bon Jovi, paper scrapping at work, sweet mindy scared of her lil' sweeties, and AndreaV hovering!

I confess that I hover too!

meredith
10-27-2005, 08:22 PM
I confess that I am also a jammies girl. Since becoming a SAHM, my jammies collection has really grown, LOL :)

I also confess that I can't wait for my son's naptime cause that means computer time!

I confess that as of right now, I have no internet/phone line in my house because there is trouble with the line. I am about to lose my mind, I could care less if the phone works, but no internet, come on! I had to go to my mom's house to check my email and get to a crop tonight :)

I confess that I love having the house to myself any time I can get it.

I confess that although I don't miss working, I do miss my job and the people that I worked with.

TaniaJPS
10-27-2005, 10:05 PM
I confess that my house is a bit of a mess, but I don't care to clean it...I'd rather be playing!

I confess that I spend WAY too much time learning little tidbits about things (lol...Erin and Tania think I'm a know-it-all).

I confess that I have forgotten breakfast lunch and dinner to digi scrap and have survived on Pepsi and sweets to keep me alive.

I confess that I LOVE naptime and bedtime in this house...all that quiet...just for ME!

I confess that I used to stop playing to watch TV, but I recently moved my computer to right in front of the TV so I could do both at the same time!

I confess that whenever DH and I talk about getting a dog or having another baby, I think of all the cute pages I would scrap if we had them.

That's right Bree! She's a know-it-all, but in a clever and useful way :)

I confess that I put my 6 month-old baby in a crib so I can get on the computer and check out the forums, galleries and dgiscrap.

I confess that I secretly want to be "discovered" :) (But who doesn't, eh?)

I confess I continue to indebt myself as a result of this "hobby".

I confess that my son, 3, watched too much TV so that I can have "me time" on the computer.

How guilty do I feel now? Sheesh. :(

Kim2002
10-28-2005, 10:33 AM
I confess that I'm in my jammies til 2 pm most days as I can't get in the shower til my youngest is down for a nap.

I confess that this morning I ate an entire Hershey's almond bar for breakfast - a HUGE one, not just the regular size. LOL

I confess that I spend more than 14 hours a day creating kits and working on my business.

I confess that I usually run around like a mad woman trying to get things picked up and dinner made during the last 30 minutes before hubby comes home.

travelgirlut
10-28-2005, 12:31 PM
I confess that my DD has her Baby Einstein videos memorized because I distract her with them so I can scrap.

I confess that my DH often watches our Friday night date movie alone on the couch because I'm on the computer scrapping.

I confess that I rarely go to bed before midnight, because I'm scrapping.

I confess that I too stay in my pajamas as long as I can because I would rather be scrapping than wasting time showering.

I confess that I encourage my DD to take long naps so I can scrap more.

I confess that I don't clean. I'd much rather be doing something fun like scrapping.

OK, I think that's enough confession for now. I'd hate to start feeling bad and actually do something other than scrap.

SimplySara
10-28-2005, 01:31 PM
I have more to confess......

I confess that I worship Shabby Princess, and dream to someday be as good as her.

I confess that I sometimes go to the gym, workout, and then eat junk food when I get home.

I confess that I haven't printed out any of my LO's yet! And I have been digi scrapping for over 2 years,

I also confess that I didn't realize until late last year that I have been saving and creating my LO's at 72 DPI, and way too small to print out. (600x600) Thank goodness all my new Lo's are up to par.

Sara

sweetmindy
10-28-2005, 01:56 PM
since you are confessing your guts out sara let me do the same

I confess i eat way to much junk food and not enough veggies and fruits

I also confess i never print a LO yet

I confess i love Sara, Manda and Jasbeanie

I confess i hate making elements

I confess i eat way to much peanutbutter

I confess my dh do most of the housework

I confess i don't go to sleep til after midnight

I confess i haven't seen much of my dh since i go digital.

hahaha there is more but can't remember all of them at this moment

~Mindy~

paula_duncan
10-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Hehehe!! This is a great thread.

I confess that I too will spend the day in my pajamas if I don't have to work....mind you I don't get out of bed until noonish so there isn't much day left anyway....hehehe.

I confess that I will drive my dh and dd to work and school in those pjs.

I confess that McDonald's is staple in my diet.

I confess that I love scrapping but spend much of my time on the computer playing minesweep trying to beat my time.

I confess that I will try anything for digital. I have played with every tool, saved in almost every format and am now learning to use coreldraw because PS7 limits me.

I confess that I hate housework and cleaning and will do laundry all day while on the computer but make my dh make his own dinner some days when he gets home because I am too busy working on something or on the boards....hehehe.

Okay I think that is good for now....lol.

WyoWoman
10-28-2005, 07:23 PM
okay, I'll confess I'm only about 1/2 as clever and/or witty as most of you here!

I confess I drink 4 vanilla frappuchinos most days, instead of eating.
But I confess I still eat chips.

And I confess I am still buying "traditional" scrapbook supplies (weekly) when I have not made a traditional page since I found digi scrapping in August!

Kristin

tanbanan
10-29-2005, 11:13 AM
I confess to shopping at Walmart, even though I hate that store!, because it is so conveniently close!

I confess to loving donuts with sprinkles!

I confess to liking yardwork more than housework.

I confess that I'm tired of all the Halloween parties and events my children are asked to dress up for this year!

I confess that I would rather be digi scrapping or reading more than ANYTHING else right now!

AndreaBurns
10-29-2005, 12:58 PM
I confess that this thread has me in stitches!

I confess that I have a crush on Justin Timberlake and Will Smith.

I confess that I just ordered some neat filters, b/c I am thirsting to design.

I confess that I tell my DH that I am getting on the computer for "just a couple minutes" but it turns into 2 hours or so....

sinead
10-29-2005, 09:17 PM
I confess that I reach for the camera instead of the cloth whenever my daughter gets into something dirty (since the pictures will be funny and the marker will still be there in a minute anyway--they're non-toxic, after all!).

I confess that the same is true sometimes when DD is throwing a big fit--the pics are just too funny!

I confess that I haven't been to bed before 3am for over a month because I have to work when I get DD to bed and then I've got to have some scrapping time.

I confess that I'm seriously considering buying a new digi (SLR like) camera instead of doing boring things like putting drapes on my windows.

I'm sure there are more...

~~Andie~~
11-02-2005, 09:20 AM
i confess that my bra comes off as soon as i get home

i confess that i have taklen over 1000 pictures in the last month.

Becky
11-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Ok...I'll add my confessions...

I confess that my studio is a disaster right now.
I confess that Mindy being scared of her sweeties made me ROFLOL!
I confess that I too have a crush on Will Smith, and watch Fresh Prince re-runs just to check him out!
I confess that I am a newbie digital scrapper!
I confess that I too stay in my pj's for as long as I can.
I confess that most of my scrapping gets done at night.
I confess that I am a biscraptual. I love my paper!
I confess that my weakness at Halloween is not chocolate, but candy corn.
I confess that my dream car is a VW bug.
I confess that I have been a closet worshipper of Holly's stuff since the first time I ever laid eyes on one of her designs.
I confess that I actually like cleaning my house, but I hate doing laundry.
Finally...I confess that that is PLENTY of confessions about me! :tounge_sm:cyclops:

noralong
11-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Wow!

My first confession was that I was slipping into a funk until I read this thread.
I also confess to being in my nightie untill well past noon, most days.
I confess that I can barely wait for DH to go to work so I can scrap.
I confess that I feel guilty that I can barely wait for DH to go to work so I can scrap.
I confess that i still have all my paper scrapping supplies, and try to convince myself that I will still use it, even though it has been nearly 2 years since I have.
I confess to having both paint shop pro and photo shop, and I can't use either one! I still use my little creating keepsakes program.

Angela
11-02-2005, 07:36 PM
I confess that I don't digi scrap. :D

AmyJo
11-04-2005, 06:41 PM
I confess...I don't have anything to confess today that hasn't already been confessed.

Pajamas, no bra, don't leave the house, eat convenience foods...and I still haven't had time to scrap...

what's up with that?

mimimai
11-04-2005, 06:52 PM
This is great, I can relate to so many of them!

I confess...

to not getting ready for the day until right before DH's lunch break.

to not cleaning til right before his lunch break, and right before he gets of work... er maybe picking up only.

to not getting any work done since I joined this forum just a day or so ago.

to having pajama day for me and the kids more often then we probably should.

to definitely working out and then eatting junk food! What is up with that? Im not gonna get anywhere.

to being incredibly shy on the phone, but my husband is even worse, so I have to make the phone calls.