PDA

View Full Version : disappearing brushes...

Inwardsoul
10-29-2005, 10:50 PM
so I had tons of brushes loaded... MANY that I created myself and have used hundreds of times and I went to use them and they are all GONE... the only ones there are the defaults.... anyone had this happen and is there a way I can get these back or am I SOL?

BUMMED...

sandra

MandaBean
10-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Hey Sandra! I have this happen to me sometimes too, and I lose the presets if I haven't saved them in a while. There MIGHT be a way to get them back if you have them still saved on your computer somewhere..hopefully someone else can help? I just wanted to let you know..it's happened to me too.

paula_duncan
10-29-2005, 11:41 PM
I know that if you don't save them then they will disappear. You have to be in the brush presets on the brushes pallet to save them. What I do is go to the preset manager and delete all of the brushes on the pallet first so I have a blank slate. Then I create my brush to the pallet and then save them as whatever file name I give them. Also I don't save any of my brushes to the photoshop presets folder. I have a separate folder in my documents for all my brushes, shapes, patterns, actions, styles, etc. I find that if I have to many things in my presets things run slower. To load your brushes you just replace them, not load them. Then you can get them from anywhere on your hard drive and not just the presets folders. If you need screen shots of where and what you should do let me know....I will be more than happy to help.

frankcassiesmom
10-31-2005, 09:18 PM
yeah it happens. It has happened when I least wanted it to! What I do is I have a folder called Brush Images and save all pngs and jpegs I use to make brushes in there. That way if I ever need to use just one, I can quickly open it and define a brush and be on my way.

Sorry this happened!!