PDA

View Full Version : Ribbon?

AquaRuby
05-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Where do you buy your ribbon and who makes it?

kcherrie
05-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Everywhere:giggle: I really like Stampin' Up! ribbon, but you have to buy a lot at a time and it's a little spendy. Michaels and Joanns usually has some cute $1.00 ribbon. My local scrapbooking store, Paper Cottage, has really yummy ribbon that I can buy by the yard...and there's always good old Walmart :good:

tgmousechick
05-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Like Kristie said, anywhere I can find it!

$1 spools at Michael's and Joann's
Hobby Lobby, and Garden Ridge
Check the Dollar Spot at Target for seasonal ribbon- I have found some great steals there!

I have a number of local SB stores that sell ribbon by the foot or by the yard- my favorite brands found there are Creative Imaginations and May Arts.

Also, one of the cake decorating stores near me sells ribbon- go figure!

MariKoegelenberg
05-12-2009, 11:29 AM
I also love teh $1 deals at Michaels...I still cannot get over it how much cheaper it is to buy a spool of ribbon here than back in South Africa...I have all these little odds and ends that I have been hoarding that cost so much that I am just so scared to use! lol...I know so sad!

karistamps
05-12-2009, 01:28 PM
I probably own close to 50 rolls of Stampin' Up! ribbon ... love that stuff!

kelleighr
05-12-2009, 03:16 PM
I have most of the Close To My Heart ribbon rounds. They come out to less than $1 a piece, and they all coordinate nicely. But, I probably use my Walmart ribbon the most because it was so cheap! I'm with Mari. I have a hard time using stuff that cost me a lot. But, I love to look at it, which is why I hoard it.

YvetteSanders
05-12-2009, 04:15 PM
I buy it everywhere - I cannot resist a bin full of ribbons LOL! The good thing about the digi part of hybrid is you can match almost anything with a little trial and error.

AquaRuby
05-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks girls. I used to have Michaels, JoAnns, etc close by -- now I have none. :( I don't want to buy it online if I don't have too. There is a LSS up the street, but the ribbon they sell is usually patterned. I am actually looking to stock up on just standard (just one color) ribbon. Having been a traditional scrapper for over ten years, I got a lot of ribbon -- but most of it is patterened.

So how much does ribbon cost from Stampin' Up and Close to My Heart? I wish I had a Target nearby, guess I'll be stopping in at good ole Wally World soon.

cindyg
05-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Another thought - there are alot of online sites that sell ribbon by the yard too. You could even try Ebay.

kcherrie
05-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Just plain grosgrain ribbon is $4.95 for 15 yds, 5/8 grosgrain ribbon is $7.95 for 15 yds and the taffeta ribbon is $6.95 for 10 yds.

Do you have a Dollar Tree store? About a month ago they had 5/8 grosgrain ribbon in a bunch of colors.

AquaRuby
05-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Oh good point about e-bay!!

nicoleseitler
05-14-2009, 06:43 PM
My collection is mostly SU! because I used to be a demo... and the yardage is great! Actually, I think it used to be more? I thought my spools were 25 yards, but maybe I'm dreaming that up. ;) I have maybe five other misc. ribbon rolls from Michaels and American Crafts (on sale). Just whatever had caught my eye at the store... :smile:

karistamps
05-14-2009, 07:56 PM
SU! 1/4" grosgrain DID used to be 25 yard rolls!! I think it was $6.95, though, and is now only $4.95. Lots of ribbon goodness from Stampin' Up! :good:

I have bought ric rac by the yard on eBay from Starlit Studio. She now has an online store that you can find HERE (http://www.starlitstudio.net/). She was quick to ship and seemed to have a great variety!

Vervegirl
05-15-2009, 09:23 PM
I totally love SU! taffeta and 1/4" grosgrain, so those are my go-to ribbons. When I order online, I usually order from Really Reasonable Ribbon (http://www.reasonableribbon.com/index.php). They have good prices, a great variety, great customer service and lots of their ribbons can be bought in 5 to 10 yard lengths as well as full spools.