PDA

View Full Version : shop trouble

wandam
10-17-2009, 12:09 AM
I hope someone can help or tell me what I may be doing wrong!!
All is well with registration,have access to forums but trouble with purchasing in shop!! When I click the buy button it takes me to a screen that requests coupon code & states that my cart is empty.

Is use IE & there's no trouble there !! Any suggestions??

sinead
10-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Are you signed in in the shop, too? It's a separate registration.

uinthas
10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
I was having this same problem when I was using Explorer. I would sign in, & it showed I was signed in, but when I would add something to my cart it would still say cart is empty. I switched over to Firefox & was able to check out without any problem.

nicoleseitler
10-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes, sorry! This often happens for IE users. You can see there's a post here in this forum entitled: Thread IE Users - Common Problems you may Encounter (http://www.thedigichick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23683) and you'll find some helpful info in there. :smile:

cwps29
10-28-2009, 03:12 AM
So I have to switch programs? That doesn't seem user friendly, and I've purchased here before and now I'm getting that error too. Very frustrating when I'm trying to purchase!! If I'm not signed in then I can purchase, but not once I login. Why is that??

Charla
10-28-2009, 10:11 AM
The link (http://www.thedigichick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23683) Nicole mentioned talks about what to do with the shopping cart. You don't have to change programs to buy here (though those of us who love Firefox think everyone should switch :giggle:)...you just have to do a little bit to get IE to work well. It's not our preference; it's just the way the store program works with IE. :D
(copied from above link:
“Nothing Added to Cart” Error Message: As is the case with most online shopping carts, ours requires that your computer be setup to allow session cookies. Our shopping cart session cookie obtains no information from your computer but simply allows our site to “remember” the items which you would like to order through the end of the checkout process, after which time the cookie expires. To enable session cookies, go to Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced. Check the box which says “Override automatic cookie handling”, click the radio buttons to allow First-party Cookies and Third-party Cookies, and check the box which says “Always allow session cookies”. Our shopping cart uses a second cookie, which is installed on your computer only if your computer is setup to allow this type of cookie, which will “remember” your name, address, and other non-secure identifying information during subsequent visits to our site. Most repeat customers appreciate the convenience of not being required to re-enter this basic information at the time of each visit. For more information, visit the Microsoft Knowledgebase Article # 283185.)

sinead
10-28-2009, 10:53 AM
This kind of error happened to me last year, but once I followed that process I've had no more problems.

I'm sorry that this is going on, and our technical support people are always trying to find a better way to fix it. In the meantime, however, following those steps should solve the problem.

nicoleseitler
10-28-2009, 05:40 PM
So I have to switch programs? That doesn't seem user friendly, and I've purchased here before and now I'm getting that error too. Very frustrating when I'm trying to purchase!! If I'm not signed in then I can purchase, but not once I login. Why is that??

Nope! No one is asking you to switch programs! :smile: We work hard to iron out all the kinks for all browsers and all operating systems, which is quite a task! :blink: And sometimes the default settings in some browsers gets in our way and there's nothing we can do to help (other than let you know about it, like in the post above from Charla). We do our best! :heart: