PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Overwhelmed...

Charla
12-14-2009, 12:21 PM
I need to write a public to-do list for the day, possibly the week. Anyone else want to do this too? I really need to be held accountable so I don't go absolutely insane :crazy: (I'm already almost there)...

So here's my list for today.
(purple means it's done)

run dishwasher
laundry
finish Christmas cards; put in mail
clean up floor
make grocery list
finish editing pictures from Saturday; put on blog and FB

sinead
12-14-2009, 12:40 PM
oh, me too!!

Print and assemble memory games for nieces and nephews:
(all printed, now just need to laminate)
-Will
-Mary Maddox
-Grady
Print color book for Regan
Buy more ink for my printer so that I can finish printing
Work 1 hr
Work 2 hrs
Go to bank
Go to post office
load and run dishwasher
Call Veterans thing about sofa pickup
Laundry
-washing/drying (in progress)
-putting away
Sweep and mop my bathroom floor
Make popcorn to string on tree (with kids)

EliseH
12-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Oh my goodness... me too!! I am completely under water here!! And yet, here I am, playing around on the forums! :giggle:

ShabbyShaz
12-14-2009, 01:26 PM
With ya girls!!

Mind you it is now 8.30 pm here and my day is pretty much done. So maybe I will start a list tomorrow.

:)

chloe
12-14-2009, 04:27 PM
I do it on my blog every day since a couple weeks, and it works great... even if no one reads my blog and hold me accountable! LOL The key to me is to keep it simple and humble, on weekdays (when I work) I try to not have more than 3 to do's.

gonewiththewind
12-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Well, it's already afternoon here, but I've had a productive day.

Beds made
Dishwasher ran this morning
Roast seasoned and in crock pot for dinner
Called in payment on our hot water heater repair from Friday
Called doctor's office and made appt for Daniel
10:45 to 11:45 at DR with Daniel (he has strep throat :nogood:)
Dropped Daniel's antibiotic Rx off at pharmacy
Visited with my youngest sister this afternoon
Put away sample foods brought over by my sister (yay for my step-mom who works in food distribution)
Washed one load of clothes and dried one load of clothes
Emailed layouts to a designer for a workshop
Checked FB & forums
Did some online shopping :o)
Played "I Spy" with Daniel
Did some reading

Still to do:
Pick up Daniel's Rx after 4:30 pm DONE
Fold both loads of clothes and probably start another load (or two)
Empty dishwasher so it'll be ready for dinner dishes DONE
Make mashed potatoes, gravy & veggie to go with roast DONE
Baths for both kiddos (DH is working late) DONE
Scrapping tonight WOOT! DONE
Read Christmas books to Daniel and play a matching hat game

I think that's it! :jump:

Rynonut Mom
12-15-2009, 01:58 AM
I'm feeling seriously overwhelmed and behind too! Ugh!
I've had the cards done for weeks now, but no letter done to put in with it. Tomorrow night hopefully - to print, stuff, address.
Finally got the last gift tonight to mail off to VT tomorrow. Bought 90% of what needed to be sent Black Friday, but haven't finished it til now. Mail it tomorrow.
Still need to make goodies to go into teachers presents. Probally will do Wed. or Thurs.

Oh yeah - tomorrow Ryan turns 12. So party for him on Saturday and need to shop for it.

Have I mentioned my hubby's been out of town for over a week now? He won't be home until Friday night!

STRESS!

Charla
12-15-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm glad I'm in such good company! :wub:

Here's today's list:
laundry (just needs to be put away)
clean up floor (getting there)
put cards in the mail (done; sent everything in with DH)
help girls put away their clothes
dishes

MariKoegelenberg
12-15-2009, 09:43 AM
I want to join in too!!! lol! My dust bunnies are so big I can give them each their own name! :giggle: Ack and usually my house is always clean but it feels like the wheels have come off the past few weeks!

(12/15)

- Clean the Kitchen
- Dust and Clean the Family Room
- Dust and Clean the Dining Room
- Dust and Clean the Bedrooms
- Clean the Bathrooms
- Sweep and Wash all the Floors
- Get Laundry Done
- Do Blog Post

(12/16)

- Clean and Organise Craft Room and Play Room
- Do Blog Posts
- Do Newsletter
- Wrap Christmas Presents
- Dr's Appt at 3 (I must NOT forget!!!)

Christmas Crafts (7 Days to go)
- Do Teacher's Gifts
- Do Handmade Gifts
- Make Christmas Card Stand
- Make Paper Garland
- Make Ornaments
- Decorate Wreath
- Gift Tags
- Gift Boxes
- Reindeer Hand Prints with the Kids

I just need to get back on track again! Thanks...hoping to edit my post very soon and see the progress I made! :jump:

SunshineTK
12-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Reading all your lists is making me nervous. I'm not much of a list maker so now I'm wondering what I've forgotten to do. :giggle:

sinead
12-15-2009, 01:34 PM
lol Tracy!

I just edited yesterday's list since half of that stuff was still undone this morning. I'm slowly making progress, though.

And ACK! I'm almost through a whole color ink cartridge!! I'm going to have to get another so that I can make the little color book. eek!

neenee
12-15-2009, 07:43 PM
OH wow! Fellow list makers unite! I am a major list maker.....I write everything down....even my nap time. :giggle:

This is a great idea....and maybe seeing others lists will help jog my memory on anything I may miss!

I think I will have to start mine for tomorrow though since it is 6 pm here and I have done most of my list. I will come back and edit my post later tonight or in the morning!:wink:

Wednesday 12/16:

Update HOG site with newsletter
Add some pics to HOG site
write article
blog post
nap
put away laundry
make bed
unload dishwasher
load dishwasher
prepare tomorrow's coffee
work out
disinfect kitchen counter tops
four layouts
family activity

Thursday 12/17:

sweep
mop
pack for Friday trip
load dishwasher
make bed
work out
two layouts
paper preview
blog post
nap
family activity

Friday 12/18:

Year in Review layouts
unload dishwasher
load dishwasher
upload 4 layouts to all galleries
clip dogs toenails
make bed
write response letter to HCC
blog post
leave for trip - 6:15

jacinda
12-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Ugh, I don't even want to think about how long my list is. Seriously, if I don't write it down maybe I don't have to do it?? LOL.

OK, this isn't a daily list, this is my overall list of things to do before Christmas Day. I will of course still need to do the daily cleaning stuff around the house.

Decorate craft boxes for Emmy, Brooke and Elisa
CT layouts
Pick up photobooks from Gary, and send the duplicates down to the in-laws
Wrap photo albums (just printed) for Ammon, Brooke and Elisa
Clean baby swing and give it to my sister
Clean out Brooke's closet
Book camping ground
Buy a tent !
Create Kaisercraft Christmas Albums for Regan and family
Teacher appreciation gifts
Do visiting teaching (half done)
Hybrid Christmas Tree album
Create January Newsletter for church (and photocopy)
Update Relief Society website
Update Primary website
Arrange hubby's present
Shop for kids presents
Arrange Mum & Dad's Anniversary present
Grocery shopping
Laundry
Ironing
Prepare food for church pot luck dinner
Clean house
Write and send Christmas cards

ccouch
12-15-2009, 10:58 PM
I've got several lists going on paper, so I'll join you girls in spirit, okay? :giggle:
Can I just tell you how little I feel like I'm getting done though? ugh! Lily's days are in two hour blocks - up for 2, sleep for 2, up for 2, you get the picture..... That two hours goes FAST! Today, I marked a few things off my list, but when I went to Walmart, they were out of several things that I needed to purchase, making that trip a little non-productive. sigh.

Charla
12-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Here's my Wednesday list.

Put away girls' clothes
Put away Hudson's clothes
Put away towels
Dishes (*sigh*)
start Christmas cookies??
vacuum main floor
fix Jasmine's pinafore
re-hem Jasmine's dress (I hate sewing)

Old St Chick
12-16-2009, 01:40 PM
I wish I could just make everyone's lists magically disappear, but even Santa has to follow through by visiting everyone on his list! So instead, I'll join you, if you don't mind!

feed reindeer...it's Wednesday so it's my turn!
shine sleigh
check Santa's email for last minute changes to "naughty/nice" list
buy groceries for Mrs. Claus' Christmas cookies

sinead
12-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks, Old St Chick! I wish you could make my list disappear, too! :) We'll all get there, though!

sinead
12-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Oh, and I like how Denise has added NAP in to her list! That's my kind of action item! :) Maybe I should add it to my own!

MariKoegelenberg
12-16-2009, 08:18 PM
I am not making much headway...oh dear! Plus today I got an email from babycenter for Christian's development and they say I should lower my standards :lolcry:

yeah...like it is fun having a 9 month old crawling around and eating EVERYTHING he finds on the floor??? Plus his Sister who just kind of gets an evil pleasure of just not picking up after herself!!! Ack ack ack...my Mom is coming next week...what are the chances I can just have a break...pretty please!

Charla
12-16-2009, 08:55 PM
I know what you mean, Mari. Hudson is constantly finding things on the floor that he really shouldn't be eating. :crazy: How fun that you'll get to see your mom again :dance:

MariKoegelenberg
12-16-2009, 09:13 PM
I know!!! I cannot wait! lol! It has been more than 8 months since I last saw her and dont even get me to thinking when last I was home...:bawl:

Charla something that has kind of kept me sane was they send a special nurse here every few months that is involved in the Touchpoints Program that Dr. T. Berry Brazelton developed. In a nutshell when life is at its most hectic i.e. Baby is not sleeping the house is falling apart you are losing your last bit of sanity (lol you know the feeling!:giggle:) the Child is usually on the brink of a new milestone. I must say it kind of makes sense and I have witnessed it with Christian every time he does something new..I might not immediately get it but when I think back I am like ah ha! So that is why he was waking up every 10 minutes! It kind of makes you just sit back and not get too involved and stressed up! If that is any help at all!!!:D

Charla
12-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Mari, you are sooo right! Hudson's been spending this week mastering standing unassisted (and yesterday added pulling himself up to standing in the middle of the floor :thud:) so that makes complete sense! Thanks for putting it in perspective :wub:

MariKoegelenberg
12-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh sweetie my pleasure!!! I just wish I had this knowledge when Chrismari was born...would have spared me quite a few meltdowns!

MariKoegelenberg
12-18-2009, 01:17 PM
So how is everyone doing on their lists? I also ran out of ink so my whole Christmas Production has come to a standstill! :giggle: I have to finish up my chores now! :smile: Yuk! lol!

Charla
12-18-2009, 02:45 PM
My list for today is REALLY long. :crazy:

Kitchen
dishwasher emptied and filled
wash the rest of the dishes
clean top of fridge
sweep

Living Room
clean top of armoire
pick up Hudson's toys
vacuum

Dining Room
clean table
clean top of chifferobe
vacuum

bathroom
laundry to back room; sorted
clean bathroom

Christmas
wrap 12+ gifts
make ornaments with girls
sugar cookies?

other
charge iPod
clean up back room

neenee
12-18-2009, 05:28 PM
I am doing pretty darn good on my lists...minus the working out. Ugh! I am so unmotivated to work out lately and i need it so badly.

Oh well....I think I will have everything done except my Year in Review layouts. I will have to do those on Sunday I guess.

I have enjoyed this thread though. We need to have one each week!

cherpea
12-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Overwhelmed? Yeah you could say that and if it wasn't for lists I wouldn't have been getting a damn (scuse the norty word!) thing done at all!!!!

I am worn out, but can't sleep (not well and for any length of time anyway)
My dad was diagnosed with Prostate cancer - has since had surgery
took a flying visit north to my parents - when dad was in hospital... my mum was struggling
Struggling with the loss nearly 5 years ago of my Father in Law (24/12/2005) to Cancer and yes it started with prostate cancer.
Christmas presents - uhhh they are done and if the recipients don't like them then tough cookies!
end of year activities with and for the girls - school, after school groups etc...
Sudden photoshoot for three classes of new entrants
and the everyday crud that has to go in there too! uhhhh enough already... any kind thoughts and prayers for me and my sanity and family greatly appreciated...

MariKoegelenberg
12-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Oh Cheryl!!! That sounds like way too much for one person to handle! I am thinking of you and hope you get through this trying time.

chloe
12-20-2009, 05:00 AM
Ditto, lots of hugs coming your way, Cheryl!!

jacinda
12-20-2009, 05:13 AM
I'm as busy as ever, yet I don't seem to be achieving much from my list. Only a couple more things crossed off:

Decorate craft boxes for Emmy, Brooke and Elisa (1 done)
CT layouts
Pick up photobooks from Gary, and send the duplicates down to the in-laws
Wrap photo albums (just printed) for Ammon, Brooke and Elisa
Clean baby swing and give it to my sister
Clean out Brooke's closet
Book camping ground
Buy a tent !
Create Kaisercraft Christmas Albums for Regan and family
Teacher appreciation gifts
Do visiting teaching (half done)
Hybrid Christmas Tree album
Create January Newsletter for church (and photocopy)
Update Relief Society website
Update Primary website
Arrange hubby's present
Shop for kids presents
Arrange Mum & Dad's Anniversary present
Grocery shopping
Laundry
Ironing
Prepare food for church pot luck dinner
Clean house
Write and send Christmas cards

marianneh
12-20-2009, 05:31 AM
I'll admit, I read this thread with amusement last week .... not so much anymore, lol! suddenly my list is a mile long!! :) thankfully the DH just told me he's put in leave for Wednesday and Thursday, so that should lighten the load on me considerably, seeing as I have a house full of people on Thursday evening, for christmas eve!! :)

Mari - that sounds like awesome advise! I'll remember it next time round ;) and YEAH you get to see your mom!!! Mine's coming to visit in February, I love it when she visits, gives me a break :D

Charla
12-20-2009, 11:36 AM
:hug: Cheryl. Praying for you sweetie!!

My list is in good shape! Some of yesterday's things didn't happen until today, but the house looks good and that make me very :D