PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing New Year's Eve?

Charla
12-31-2009, 10:34 AM
So whatcha doing tonight? Do you stay up? watch the ball drop? Go to elegant parties?

I don't think I've stayed up to watch the ball drop since the last time I babysat on New Year's Eve. No, that's not true. In Turkey I went to a party and we watched all the celebrations in the different time zones. I'm sure I was up 'til midnight that year (um, 2000). :giggle:

jenn7
12-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Going out for an early steak dinner (diet starts soon!) and probably sleeping well before midnight. I feel so old. LOL :smile:

SylviaB
12-31-2009, 11:47 AM
As we have two small kids we can't go out, but we plan to play 'Scrabble' with our eldest son (oh and Jenn.. you are feeling old? what about ME? my second son will go to a party tonight :giggle: ... I am age-old!!! ;) )

jacinda
12-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Hubby and I went to see Avatar the movie. It was AWESOME!! I totally enjoyed it. We were in bed and asleep before midnight though. The kids are at their grandparents so we're making the most of the time together. We haven't stayed up to see the New Year through in many years.

YvetteSanders
12-31-2009, 02:47 PM
No parties for us either, we'll be watching world jr hockey tonight (Canada vs USA)!

gonewiththewind
12-31-2009, 03:00 PM
No parties, other than partying here at home with my hubby and kiddos. We've been watching tv/movies, playing tickle games . . . we'll be on the computer and just having fun. DH is running to the store for junk food for tonight.

kelleymickus
12-31-2009, 03:21 PM
going out for dinner and to see the Wild game with my husband and friends - Happy New Year everyone!

marianneh
12-31-2009, 03:56 PM
we had Pizza for dinner, but it's very quiet this year, rather unlike us actually :) all three of us have cold/flu though so we're not really in a party mood :) May it be a blessed and wonderful new year to all of you!

ccouch
12-31-2009, 06:04 PM
We're having a progressive dinner party with some of our neighbors. We'll kick it off here with appetizers in just a bit :D Don't know that we'll make it the whole night, but it's such a fun group & everyone has kids....and since it's here on our street - no driving! ;)
:margarita:

Be safe & Happy 2010 to each of you!

kperrien
12-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Hanging out at home with the family, drinking a magarita.. yum.. filling in my craft inc. business planner.. exciting.. lol... HAPPY NEW YEARS YA'LL!

skyezak
01-03-2010, 05:13 AM
I haven't had a chance to get back online in the past few days as I have been in bed feeling pretty icky but NYE here was like major thunder and lightning storms - both NYE and New Years Day evening so it's been pretty crazy but plenty of rain to help our drought-ridden country. I don't remember when I last went out to a NYE party. My eldest is 7 soon so it's been longer than that me thinks. I just sit at home and go outside at midnight to listen to the local revellers but the rain on the roof drowned us all out this year. I woke my 4 and 6 year old up just before midnight so they could watch the fireworks in Sydney on the TV and we heard/saw bits of fireworks from our balcony but with us in mid-Summer, fireworks are illegal here so we don't see too many unless you head into the City for the big celebrations.

When we were kiddos, my Mum used to give us her old saucepans and we'd bang them (or beat them up) so we could make so much noise! My uncle played drums one year at our place so I have fond memories of NYE in my childhood and always made it to midnight as a kid!