PDA

View Full Version : Digital Cleaning this week?

Charla
01-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Anyone want to join me in getting our computer cleaner this week?

Today I went through and deleted FB applications I don't like/use/need/want anymore. To do that, hover over "settings" on the top bar and then click on "application settings"

Default is "recently used," and you can start there.
But if you really want to deep-clean, you can change the drop-down menu from "show: recently used" to "show: authorized." Then you'll see everything you've ever approved. A lot of those quizzes/"top fans"/etc can go and you'll never notice because it was just fun once (if then!)

I'm down to 18 things. Some Facebook won't let me get rid of or I would (like gifts). :dance:

donnawells
01-11-2010, 06:02 PM
I do that periodically and some of those things I think "How did THAT get in there?" I wish they had a Facebook for people over 30. :-)

Charla
01-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh, i know. Me too!!

EliseH
01-11-2010, 07:03 PM
First I have to clean my real house...

donnawells
01-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Love that photo Elise!

RebeccaH
01-11-2010, 09:40 PM
not going to happen this week, but i def need to do this soon!

juliemarie
01-12-2010, 01:10 AM
great idea to declutter FB, I didn't realize all the junk I had there :)

mzkellyb
01-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the reminder! I just cleaned out a lot of unnecessary apps.

What the suggestion for tomorrow?

MariKoegelenberg
01-14-2010, 02:03 PM
I did it yesterday...cleaned up my computer etc. and today back to work! I have sooo much to do!

Charla
01-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Okay, forgot to keep on this.

Today I'm going to tackle bookmarks. Don't know if anyone here is like me, but I have a folder full of folders of bookmarks. I'd imagine 3/4 of them are now dead links, and obviously if I don't know how many are that way means I don't need most of them!! So I'm off to tackle that.

Care to join me?? :D

Charla
01-15-2010, 03:06 PM
:thud:

I got my bookmarks cleaned out. They look fantastic.

So I started tackling DH's. :crazy: It's well-organized, but I'm finding 10-12 year old links in there, 90% of them dead now. I'm not getting rid of anything he might still need/want, but anything with a "poor reputation" and all dead links are now getting deleted.
I'm maybe halfway done with that and just can't take anymore :giggle:

So now I'm going to go through my ACDSee and delete kits, or pieces of kits, I won't use. :good:

jacinda
01-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Goodness me, you're a cleaning machine Charla! I managing to keep on top of renaming/dating my photos, but that's about it. I don't play games on FB, and I periodically delete old bookmarks anyway, though I suppose I should recheck those again.

Charla
01-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks, Jacinda! It's because Hudson's been clingy this week (working on a tooth) so I've spent more time online than I would be normally...since I have the urge to clean, I figured I'd put it to good use :good: