PDA

View Full Version : h-e-double hockeystcks

Charla
01-17-2010, 02:06 PM
DH and I are reading Princess Bride together (one of my favorite books :wub:) and read this yesterday:

(Fezzik's picture of hell was being alone forever.)and 2 pages later:

(Now his private picture of hell was being left alone with everybody going "BOOOOOOOOO" at him forever)Completely leaving out all theological discussion (I'll delete this thread if it starts getting misunderstood and starts becoming a discussion of Fire and Brimstone),

What is your own personal view of "hell" in terms of your very least favorite thought?

Mine is that people think I'm lying. I have this fear that people don't believe me when I tell them things, which is ridiculous but it's something I worry about.

DH says his is not being taken seriously or being made fun of.

chloe
01-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Mine would be people making fun of me about physical features. Think I need to work on my 20-lbs-overweight-self-esteem! ;)

jacinda
01-17-2010, 02:39 PM
I guess mine would be people thinking I'm not honest. My 6 yr old is going through a phase of not being truthful, and I'm trying to impress upon her the absolute importance of being honest.

donnawells
01-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Mine would be if I were ostracized from a group or just pushed out and made to feel like people have turned their back on me and they're having fun and making sure that I can't participate.

My ex-husband put me through that hell last year. He stopped speaking to me. He wouldn't eat dinner at home. He went to parties or get-togethers without inviting me. Our teenage nephew lived with us, was caught in the middle and was made to take my husband's side so then there were two of them treating me like that. Then his son moved in with us so then the son was joining in. It was the worst experience of my life.

Recently, my ex-husband sent an iPhone email that said "Wish u were here I'm so very sorry I wish I could touch your face! Can u ever forgive me? I hope some day I can forgive me . Love you me

Sigh! Not sure what to do with that after what he put me through. He says he wants to talk to me in person and says he made some terrible mistakes. It would help me heal from that hell I endured last year but I'm not holding my breath and I'm trying to move forward no matter what. I can't trust him and I have not recovered from all that.

Blech...sorry to spill.

danijane
01-18-2010, 11:11 AM
(((((Donna)))))) all I can do is hug you! I wuv you! :heart::heart::heart:

For me it is people not thinking I am being honest or that I might be lying! Same as some of you too!

donnawells
01-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks Dani! I could use some hugs.

Charla
01-18-2010, 12:25 PM
:hug: Yeah, Donna, I can't imagine! I hope you find the best way to deal with this new (bizarre!) request from him!! :hug:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who fears not being believed!
When I was in college, driving home from recitals, wearing concert black with my clarinet in the seat next to me, I'd imagine the conversation with a cop, trying to convince him that I really was a music major. (why on earth he'd stop me is beyond me, but that's what I do). I still play that "game" from time to time, trying to find things in my life that could prove that what I'm saying is true!

HeatherB
01-18-2010, 08:02 PM
(((Hugs))) Donna - what an awful experience.

donnawells
01-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks girls! Now, didn't mean to hijack this because I'm very interested to read other comments. Charla that cracks me UP about your imaginary conversation with a cop. Haaaaa!