PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, obsessed already!

Kat
12-06-2005, 01:03 AM
I absolutely LOVE this new time suck I've just recently discovered. :) Mom to a two year old boy and one month old boy, I'm finding myself most relaxed at the computer these days....maybe a little too relaxed at times! :)

I'm curious if anyone can point me in the right direction for some digital scrapbooking software? My family is requesting a wish list from me for the upcoming holidays and my birthday, and I'd love nothing more than a simple program to keep me going in the right direction! I use Photoshop Elements, have downloaded a few freebies and practiced on them. I'm looking for some sort of a program with templates, embellishements and whatnot. Does it even exist?

Thanks for letting me join in!

Kat

SweetNSassyMommy
12-06-2005, 01:37 AM
HI Kat,

Personally, I would stick with Photoshop Elements. I absolutely LOVE the program and all of the flexibility it offers. With all of the freebies out there, you should be able to get started with papers and embellishments, putting your pages together in elements. Once you're ready and you have a good feel for what you can do, you can start buying kits that you love and really go to town. Welcome to the art of digi...you'll never go back! It's an amazing hobby with an even more amazing community of women who'll help you with almost anything you need. So if you get stuck or want to know more just ask!

Welcome, welcome :)

Robin

Kat
12-06-2005, 02:11 AM
Thanks, Robin! So what is out there that I absolutely need and don't have? I've got to put something on my list while I have the chance! Any other supplies, programs....?

Rynonut Mom
12-06-2005, 02:12 AM
What Robin said!
And welcome too!

Rynonut Mom
12-06-2005, 02:18 AM
I have a suggestion - do you have a means of storage for your goodies??? I'm adking for a DVD RW for my puter. I have a CD writer, but once I started "collecting" goodies, I have too much to go on CD's. An external hard drive or DVD writer maybe. Or if you don;t print at home - GC to get your layouts printed. Hope that helps! :)

paula_duncan
12-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Welcome to TDC! You have a great program to get you going. I would just make sure you have enough hardrive space for all the stuff you are going to be downloading.....lol. Trust me, you will be downloading a lot....lol. If you have any Questions there is always someone here to help.

ScrapWithNikki
12-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Welcome Kat! Sounds like you got a good program, now just get lots and lots of papers and embellishments and you are on your way ;)

meems
12-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Welcome! I agree with the others, you can do a lot with the PSE.
As for your gift wish list how about:

-books about digital scrapbooking and/or PSE
-GC to various online shops with digital kits (I like the kits at The Digi Chick and Shabby Princess)
-subscriptions to mags (I like Scrapbook Answers. It is for traditional scrapping but they do include digital tips and each issue comes with a CD with fonts and trial software and other goodies)
-albums to put your printed layouts in