PDA

View Full Version : I've got my laptop back!!!!

Valgal
12-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Woohoo! I'm in HEAVEN right now ;) Long story short... I have bad luck with my notebook computers and several months ago my power cord on my current one died. Finally found (and paid a rediculous amount) for a new one... I'm up and runnin'!

Ok, just had to share ;)

MarshaZepeda
12-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Yay congrats! I've got one, too but don't use it for designing (yet)... it just runs so much slower than my pc! But dh promised to uprade my ram to 1 gig and get me an external so I should be good to go after that, lol!

meems
12-07-2005, 12:56 PM
yay on the rtn of laptop. Can I ask you what kind of laptop you have? I'm just curious b/c my power cord died too and I too had to buy a new cord. I have an HP.

I have weird power issues with mine, like sometimes it goes into battery power even though it is connected to an outlet. aaargh.

OMG, I would LOVE 1gig of ram.

Valgal
12-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Meems, I have a Compaq Armada and the replacement cord was $80. It had been acting funny for awhile, then started shutting off if the cord was bumped. Then one day it shut off and I couldn't get it booted again. It was a sad, sad day.

Oh well, $80 is better than a whole new computer (which I've had to do in the past... I have bad luck!)

hawaiianbrat96
12-07-2005, 03:45 PM
OMG, now I don't sound like a freaking nut!! LOL

I just got my laptop back yesterday after giving it to my brother to reformat b/c I got a virus that wouldn't allow my Norton program to remove.

After he wiped it clean, I have it back as of last night. I cannot imagine being without mine for that long, even though I have a main tower computer in my office.

And my DH thought I was the only one on this planet that felt this way about their laptop!! LOL

Laura_A
12-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Oh well, $80 is better than a whole new computer (which I've had to do in the past... I have bad luck!)

Bad luck.. is THAT what you call Rice Crispies w/LOTS of milk? :angel_smi

I'm SO excited for you.. now, how come you're not on YIM?

Valgal
12-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I was waitin' for you, goober!