PDA

View Full Version : GRRR!! Printer Ink!!

AquaRuby
08-25-2010, 04:11 AM
Okay so I ran out of ink last week and bought some off e-bay. Sadly, I didn't read the description close enough to see that my printer wasn't on the list. So now I have two cartridges that aren't compatible with my printer. :P

So I went back to ebay to buy more, I found a two pack and placed my bid. Only to be outbid, so I merrily went on my way and found another auction - won that one for only $10 and scored three cartridges!! YES!! I go to pay and see I won the first auction? Say what? Turns out someone retracted their bid. :shock: So I ended up winning that too. Now our budget is extremely tight and while I could so use 5 cartridges of colored ink, I just can't afford it. I've written to the buyer of the first auction, cause I thought I had lost it and told him my dilemma, but they haven't responded.

GRR!! Why does this have to be so difficult. Now I am just praying my ink that I did buy shows up before Saturday so I can actually print up my goodies I am making for the kids (as well as my article - which is the same thing - for THC blog).

heathert
08-25-2010, 05:33 AM
Blurgh!

putri
08-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Awwww, that's TERRIBLE!!!! I hope you get things sorted out!!!

nicoleseitler
08-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Oh! That's rough! :hug: I didn't know that someone could retract their bid. That doesn't sound fair! :P

AquaRuby
08-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Well this guys is being a jerk. :( His response to me was: Well you are the high bidder and I want to sell them to you not someone at a lower price. :blink: The person below me their bid was .50 cents lower. Really? You are that hard up for .50 cents? If he continues to be a butt, I'm going to have to tell him he will need to wait till payday.

Yes, you can in certain circumstances retract your bid. Depending on the seller, they can in turn leave you a very negative feedback or turn you into e-bay.

Jeryn
08-25-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear you had such troubles! If you end up having to keep those cartridges I would post a negative feedback and include his response to you. Are they allowed to delete your comments?

AquaRuby
08-26-2010, 03:11 AM
My hubby said he'd handle communication with this guy from now on. Even if we have to take a negative rating, we fully intend to leave him one. We don't plan to pay for this sale, hubby assured me that we won't be paying. This guy can easily remove this auction and put it back up and make a profit, he sells items on a daily basis.

nicoleseitler
08-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... maybe you just could not pay and see what happens. :innocent: I'm sorry he's trying forcing your hand. What a jerk--because you're right! He could just list it again. :P

AquaRuby
08-27-2010, 04:26 AM
Well we haven't heard from him yet. *fingers crossed* But I did get my set of 3 cartridges today, sadly only one of the three work. :( The other two wouldn't print the red ink, it was weird. But I got my hybrid project printed, gonna work on my article tomorrow. I feel like such a slacker. :P

HeatherB
08-28-2010, 08:51 PM
You got 2 cartridges from one auction that were defective? That stinks! Do you have any recourse?

I'm so leery of eBay because of this kind of crap. Sorry you are dealing with defective product. I wonder if that was how that person was able to pick it up and re-sell it so cheaply. :(