PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with the Gallery? Check in here first!

nicoleseitler
08-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Just thought I'd post a note, since we often hear that the gallery is not acting like you would expect it to. Here's a list of some of it's known quirks:

You might find that after you upload an image, older layouts will show up at the top of the page.
You try to apply a new sort filter... and nothing happens!
You might be browsing a gallery and find that images are mixed up--old things, new things. Who knows what the gallery is doing!

We know that we have these bugs but we are unable to fix them at this time. We upgraded our forums to vBulletin 4, but our gallery software (PhotoPost) wasn't ready for this change yet. There is a problem with the code in the current PhotoPost release and it seems we'll just need to wait for it to be fixed in a future version. I know--not fun! :P

Thanks for understanding! And we're sorry for the trouble! :yeshuh:

Patti McCarthy
11-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Just curious as to why the 'posting date' of the layouts is showing as Dec 31, 1969???

nicoleseitler
11-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Because PhotoPost is... non-cooperative sometimes. :lol: It's only displaying that way when you view your whole gallery (or one of the designers' galleries). If you click on your layout, you'll see the real date there.

We plan to try to have that issue fixed this weekend. :thumbsup:

gonewiththewind
11-12-2010, 10:22 PM
I've just been partying . . . you know, Summer of '69 and all that. :o)

SunshineTK
11-15-2010, 12:39 PM
There she goes, dancing on the tables again.
:disco:

gonewiththewind
11-16-2010, 09:11 AM
I keep WAITING for Nicole to install the pole . . . but she keeps putting me off for some reason. Hmphf.

Charla
11-16-2010, 04:39 PM
I just saw the dates and started :rolling: TOO Funny!!!

LivyBug
11-19-2010, 07:48 PM
When I saw the dates the first thing I thought was: "I wasn't even thought about then! Or my mom!" :giggle:

ellasspace
03-31-2011, 08:57 AM
I have only uploaded 2 images today 1 for Nikki and 1 for Flora's ct and I get a you have exceed the limit of 5 notice when trying to load my 3rd layout? I am unable to load my 2cd ct layout for Nikki's team. :(

sinead
03-31-2011, 09:07 AM
Did you select secondary galleries for those LOs? That counts as one of the 5. You don't have to select Member Gallery...everything you upload automatically goes into your member gallery.

MrsPeel
03-31-2011, 03:21 PM
When I saw the dates the first thing I thought was: "I wasn't even thought about then! Or my mom!" :giggle:

ohhh dear...you just made me feel ancient..... I was 11 years old and having my frist boyfriend in 1969! LOL

I didnt have trouble on uploading LOs, but I have tried to change the avatar.
It show the new avatar when I go to profile or change avatar, but then when I post in the gallery still shows the old one.... ohhh well....I guess the old one is in line with the 1969 partying spirit, so it doesn't wanna let go !!!
LOL

VickyD
03-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Loving your new siggy Cynthia - Viva Artistry has a proud place amongst your other great teams now xx

Sorry - thread hijack over LOL

sinead
03-31-2011, 04:25 PM
Lol Cynthia! Try hitting F5 and see if that helps.:)

grrfluudy
04-11-2012, 01:18 AM
I uploaded a layout and now I can't find it. I looked on all my pages. It isn't there. It has been a couple of hours since I uploaded it. Please help.

Oh it's called Inspiration Board.

chloe
04-11-2012, 05:35 AM
I'll point this out to Sinead!

grrfluudy
04-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Thank you Chloe.

Edit - I found it. For some reason I guess I didn't hit submit. When I was uploading another layout there it was ready to be processed. Weird. But YAY! At least it's not swirling around in the ether of the internet somewhere lost and afraid. LOL

Charla
04-11-2012, 10:27 AM
:good: I"m glad you found it!!!

chloe
04-11-2012, 10:37 AM
LOL Glad you found out what happened!

sinead
04-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Yay, Johanna! I was thinking that it would be something like that, but I needed to get my kiddos off to school before I was able to investigate. :) Glad you sorted it out!

Eyeore
12-06-2013, 07:34 AM
I keep getting this error message when trying to upload.
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@thedigichick.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

sinead
12-18-2013, 11:28 PM
Stefanie, try this...on the first upload screen, just add the title and attach the file. Wait until the second screen to add the description, etc. Sometimes people get an error when they try to fill everything in at first. Let me know if you're still having problems. :)

Soco
03-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Hi! I've been having problems to upload my layouts to the gallery since some weeks. I hadn't reported it because I thought it was a temporary thing, something happening with the site maybe, and that it would get back to normal eventually, but it has lasted more than 3 weeks now.

Every time I want to upload a layout, I get this message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@thedigichick.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I already deleted the cookies and everything, and I also tried 2 different browsers (Chrome and IE), and it keeps happening.

Could you please help me? Thanks!!! :)

sinead
03-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Hey Soco!
A couple of people have had this since the most recent Java updates. (I don't know enough about programming, etc., to know if that's the cause, but it seemed to happen around the same time.)

What seems to work best is to limit what you put in on the first upload screen. I usually just add the title and upload the image file. Then I add the description and other details on the second screen. That typically resolves the issue.

Will you try that and see if it helps? Let me know, though, if it doesn't, and I'll do my best to help. :)
Thanks!

Eyeore
03-05-2014, 12:02 AM
Hi Sinead - I have tried loading only on the second screen but still get this report often. I never know when it will strike, some layouts load and other's never seem to. I have even tried renaming my layouts and uploading again but still get the same error message.

Soco
03-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Hi Sinead! Thank you very much for your quick reply! I'm sorry, I forgot to precise that I had already tried that method, only uploading the file and waiting for the next screen to add the title and description, but I still get the same message. :( Thank you for your help!!!

And it's even weirder because the last time I upload my layouts was on February 8, without any problem, and then I came back only a day later, on February 9th and the problem began then.

sinead
03-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Soco, could you send me an email with the file and description, etc., that you are having problems uploading? You can send it to the contactATthedigichickDOTcom address. I'll be happy to take a look to see if I can figure out what's going on.

sinead
03-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Stefanie, same for you--if you get a LO that won't load, will you email the file to me so that I can try to replicate the error that you're getting?

Thanks, ladies!

Soco
03-09-2014, 07:19 AM
Soco, could you send me an email with the file and description, etc., that you are having problems uploading? You can send it to the contactATthedigichickDOTcom address. I'll be happy to take a look to see if I can figure out what's going on.

I'll do that! Thank you very much Sinead! :blowkiss:

ETA: Your comment made me realize that I had only been trying with the same file all the time. I tried with another one and it worked!!! I could upload some other LOs now without any problem. But the one giving trouble still doesn't work, so I'll send it to you anyway so you can check it. But if it's too much work or trouble to you, don't worry about me. It's really not big deal and I don't want to bother you too much. Thank you for all your help!!!

sinead
03-09-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm glad the others worked. I'll be happy to try the problem one for you. ;)

Soco
03-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Hi Sinead! Just to let you know that I finally could solve the problem. I kept searching before bothering you and I think I found what it is: My file's name had an apostrophe in it, I think the problem can come from there. It's crazy I didn't think of that before and today I just realized it could be that! It worked and I could upload it to the gallery. Thanks again for your kindness and your help! :blowkiss:

sinead
03-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Soco, ah! Yes, that's exactly the problem! Apostrophes and other punctuation marks can mess up the file pathways. Thanks! I'm glad that you figured out what was going on! :)

Soco
03-20-2014, 06:17 AM
Thank you again, Sinead! :rose2:

sinead
03-20-2014, 10:27 AM
:) My pleasure! :)

jazzmom
08-11-2014, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question ... or if it has been answered somewhere else.

I have noticed that some images in the forum threads are linked back to the gallery & others are not. I can put my photo in the forum thread, but how do I add it so that it will link back to the gallery?

Thanks. I am slowly learning my way around the forum.

Starlight-Princess
08-11-2014, 01:46 AM
Hey Pam,
Hopefully this will be clear :lol: I'm not good at explaining things :)
When you see your large image in the gallery right click and select "copy image URL"
Then in the forum select the image icon (on the top bar of the comment box beside the video icon and the email icon) and paste the URL in there. You should see a code pop up that starts with and ends with . Go back to your gallery and copy the url for the page from the address bar. Come back to your post and highlight the IMG code and then select the hyperlink symbol (the one that looks like a globe with 2 circles in front of it) and paste the gallery URL in there. Click post and it should post your image and link to your gallery.

Clear as mud huh? :lol: Sorry hopefully somebody more tech savvy will be able to help!

chloe
08-11-2014, 06:43 AM
That's a perfect explanation, Star. You can even simplify the first step by using the "linked image" address below your description in the gallery. This is actually not linked, but it will add the image. Then if you want to link it up you add the second step: copy the web address of your page in the gallery, highlight the image or the adress surrounded by and in the forum and click on the hyperling icon (earth with an horizontal eight symbol) and paste the address there.

HTH, let us know if you have further questions!

jazzmom
08-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Star & Chloé, thank you!

It does sound a little complicated since I haven't done it yet, but I'm sure that once I get the hang of it, it will be really simple! I just need to start doing it. I've always wondered how you can click on some people's layouts & it takes you to the gallery & yet on others it doesn't do a thing!

Thanks for the step by step instructions!

chloe
08-11-2014, 11:42 AM
It definitely is one of those things that seems much harder on "paper" than when you do it, don't worry! ;)

Dolores
08-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Jazzmom, thank you for asking the question...I've been doing it the hard way!

Stay & Chloé, thanks for answering. For some reason I hadn't noticed the "linked image" field to copy from.

chloe
08-13-2014, 08:00 AM
As I said, the linked image isn't actually linked, but the thumbnail works well, though!