PDA

View Full Version : Scrap Mags....

Rynonut Mom
01-12-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm just not as excited about them as I used to be. I used to mark the day they came on the calendar so I would have some idea of when they would come the next month and then poor thru them. Now I'm surprised when I get them in the mailbox because I wasn't watching fo them. I glance thru them, but don't completely scour them them like I used to. Is it cause I'm on the computer more now??? Because I find so much inspiration in the galleries? Because I do my layouts in digi now instead of paper??? I still like them, but I guess the romance is gone! LOL!
Is anyone else feeling this way???? The digi issues I am still wanting immediately, that goes without saying. They (one of the scrapping idols ??? said that once in a thread somewhere?) say to throw out your mags and that is what helps to to find you style, your groove. I'm finding it so much easier, because you can move things till your hearts content and change the size of things and all that, so ideas from the mags aren't quite as helpful as they used to be. And buying paper supplies just doesn't interest me anymore. So maybe they're just not as important as they used to be to me. I got the new MM in tha mail yesterday and I haven't cracked it open yet!
Any thoughts anyone????

abbysmommy
01-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Well, I was never a paper scrapper, so I can't say. But, and don't flame me here *grin*, I definitely find more inspiration in the online galleries than I do in the few digital magazines that I've actually picked up. So, I "sorta" know what you mean. :) There's just SOOO much talent around all the digi-scrap sites that it's hard to get excited about picking up a paper magazine. LOL!

rh_scrapbooker
01-12-2006, 05:06 PM
I have to admit, I know what you mean.

I'm thinking about letting my CK and Scrapbooks Etc subscriptions lapse, and getting Scrapbook Answers instead with the CD. I've been picking this up in B&N and it's very inspiring.

I have also found myself looking at other magazines (HOW for instance) to see if I want to subscribe/pick up a few issues. Seems like my ideas are heading more towards graphic design lately.

I still like the digital magazines though, as they are the ones I've managed to get published in. :)

Rachel

Rynonut Mom
01-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah - Amy - I tend to find more inspiration online too, but I love to look at the digi mags, because I *know* so many the the people published in them! LOL!
I haven't gotten a SB Anwers mag yet, Rachel. I sent away for a free one a few weeks ago, but it hasn't come yet. I've heard good things about it, but haven't been able to flip thru it with the wrap on it! I think I'm going to let go of MM, CK and PK went up in smoke this last week. I'll probally keep SS and SBE. MM and CK I can check out at my library, so I'll do that when I feel like it!
Glad to know I'm not the only one...!!! :)

Leila
01-12-2006, 06:22 PM
While I find plenty of inspiration online, I still love the magazines. For me, it's easier to just pick up a magazine and find something that inspired me than it is to search through the myriad galleries that are on the net these days. Ok, I can admit it, I'm just too lazy to search the galleries!

Rynonut Mom
01-12-2006, 06:50 PM
That's too funny, Leila!
I have to admit - once I decided to do the workshop - the 1st thing that I pulled out were magazines to flip thru. So I guess I still find inspiration from them too!

ChristineS
01-12-2006, 09:19 PM
I have at one time or another received every magazine subscription available in scrapbooking (some that are long out of business!!) The only thing left is Simple Scrapbooks and I probably won't renew. I'm totally hooked on e-zines -- everything is so much fresher and newer than the lag time associated with paper magz. Also, I have really settled into my own style, with occasional gusts of fresh stuff ... and I can easily feed my passion on the online galleries.

Audimc
01-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Ditto on the not so excited anymore.. I think it's because they are mostly ads now.. seems like they dont' show as many LOs anymore.. mabye it's just me. I still enjoy the sketch/scheme books though.. I find alot of inspiration from those!

thequeenofquirk
01-13-2006, 04:18 AM
me, too! me, too! i have TONS pf subs...but i am thinking of cancelling them...there's just not that spark anymore. plus, with all the new things going on in my life, perusing mags is a luxury i don't have time for! LOL

Rynonut Mom
01-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah Jan! Soon you're life is going to change again with that little one on the way! Less than a month now - huh?