PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions...

whitandty
05-25-2005, 02:27 AM
I have really been curious on how to get the great graphics on the patterned paper...for example like the banner of the site. Do you draw them, are the clipart, royalty free or paid for?

I would love to add some paisley's and other graphics to my papers but I'm not sure where to find them.

Secondly, I have borrowed 2 books from the library that have CD's with them. One was the One Click Wow and the other was How to Wow with Photoshop. I frequently use the styles and settings that came on the CD's and I was wondering if I am able to use these on a kit that I am planning on selling or if there are copyright issues with that....

Just some things on my mind :)
Thanks so much for any help!

wags
05-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Let me add another question...how did you do that awesome, curved "cording" on your top banner? I use DIP. I can usually take any Photoshop directions and apply them to DIP. I played around for 2 hours last night trying to make a corded edge...no luck. How about adding some corded edges to your future kits!!! Thanks!

holly
05-25-2005, 12:03 PM
I have really been curious on how to get the great graphics on the patterned paper...for example like the banner of the site. Do you draw them, are the clipart, royalty free or paid for?

I would love to add some paisley's and other graphics to my papers but I'm not sure where to find them.

Secondly, I have borrowed 2 books from the library that have CD's with them. One was the One Click Wow and the other was How to Wow with Photoshop. I frequently use the styles and settings that came on the CD's and I was wondering if I am able to use these on a kit that I am planning on selling or if there are copyright issues with that....

Just some things on my mind :)
Thanks so much for any help!

1) you can use Dover clipart to help you out - they are Permission Free and you are limited in the amount you can use in one design if you are selling, but since we're a no-compete site, this is for your own use, right? LOL Just kidding....I tend to use Dover sometimes or other patterns I might find in fabrics and then I alter them by re-drawing them or coloring them with my WACOM Tablet.

2) I have One Click Wow and RARELY use the settings they have exactly. Something is usually too much or too little or the wrong color. So, honestly, I've NEVER used a full setting as given in One Click Wow. I want to make things my own. This let's me get a jump start sometimes! But, I save my own styles and use them over and over again.

Hope that helps!!!!

holly
05-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Let me add another question...how did you do that awesome, curved "cording" on your top banner? I use DIP. I can usually take any Photoshop directions and apply them to DIP. I played around for 2 hours last night trying to make a corded edge...no luck. How about adding some corded edges to your future kits!!! Thanks!

Visit the "resources" link up above! You'll find a tut for Photoshop CS. I don't use any other program and am not familiar, so hopefully that can help? But, it's not cording! LOL It's actually just two pieces of papers. See the tut and you'll see what I mean! I might add some curved edges for future kits! Great idea!

whitandty
05-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Thank you SOOO much Holly, that explains alot :) I have looked into the Dover clipart but I was curious if you used your Wacom! Mine's sitting here unused, now I've gotta go look for some cool fabric, lol.

BTW, I've said for a year now that I want to sell stuff but it hasn't happened yet...I don't think I could compete with you! LOL So don't worry :)

holly
05-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Okay, I looked at the Dover disclaimer - it's no more then 10 pieces in any one product (kit in this case).

Eve1972
05-26-2005, 03:01 AM
Where can one find Dover clipart and is that one click wow cd worth the buy? I already have a bunch of extra plug ins for my photoshop LOL

holly
05-26-2005, 10:06 AM
you can get dover on Amazon.com - One Click Wow - I have for Photoshop and I've never read through the book, just opend the CD plugins! LOL It gives you styles like metals, glass, textures.

*jane*
05-27-2005, 01:09 AM
ive been curious about the one click wow too...so many people have been talking about it....is that similar, better or worse than eyecandy?...or is it all together different? Inquiry minds want to know! (if you want to tell :) )

MarshaZepeda
05-27-2005, 01:39 AM
I believe one click wow is a set of 'styles' and eye candy is a bunch of filters....

holly
05-27-2005, 09:20 AM
you are right marsha!