PDA

View Full Version : De-zine Feedback!

Laura_A
01-15-2006, 08:03 PM
WOOHOO, our 1st issue of De-zine has been released. If you haven't had a chance to check it out, you can download it here (http://www.thedigichick.com/showthread.php?t=3341).

Now, we want your feedback! What did you like? Please be honest... what didn't you like? We already have ideas on how to improve the next issue but we'd love to know what YOU want. We're all ears!

katef
01-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Oh yipeee!!! How exciting and well done everyone!

One quick questions... how long will it be available for download? I can't download it on our home account as we have a tiny download limit but I so want to be able to see all the greatt hings you guys have done so I will download it at my parents place... if I make it over there while it is still available!

thanks

Kate

scallywag
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
love it - you have done a fantastic job! How do I download the gorgeous free kit? When I click on the link - nothing happens for me - am I having a blonde moment! I love the stitching tutorial, as well as all the inspiration from the designers - it fantastic - thank-you!

pagebypaige
01-15-2006, 09:04 PM
First off let me say WOW!!! I just got done skimming through all 76pages and it looks great!!!! I had the same problem with trying to download the kit. Let us know what to do. Again you did a fabo job getting this out!!!!

Laura_A
01-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Hey everyone. I just downloaded the file and tested the links for the kit. They worked fine for me. There are 3 separate links next to the image. Try again and let me know how it goes.

mandybrown
01-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Totally fantastic. Congratulations to all involved.

The tutes are awesome and really easy to follow.

The kit is downloading as I type this. I can't wait to play with it!

Thanks a bunch.

anotheraddict
01-16-2006, 12:03 AM
I'm trying to download but for some reason, with this file only, Acrobat says it encountered an error ????

scallywag
01-16-2006, 12:54 AM
OK - it seems to be working - just need to wait a little bit while the computer 'thinks' it through!

Thanks CHICKS - the whole kit and caboodle is great!

meems
01-16-2006, 01:37 AM
Thanks very much for the free issue of De-zine! I think it looks great and have enjoyed looking through it.

I liked the designer spotlights. One thing I would like to know about designers is what kind of design background do they have (like are/were they graphic artists?) or did they learn things by digiscrapping?

One thing I noticed is that in a couple places the Table of Contents page numbering is not correct.

Overall, very good!

chibikko
01-16-2006, 01:45 AM
I finished skimming through the whole dezine.. It's just FANTASTIC!!!
I really love it! Especially love the tut section.
Haven't try to download the kit, though..will try it later.

Thank you so much to the chicks that involved, and thanks for making the Feb-dezine for free, too!

Great job, chickies!

Valgal
01-16-2006, 04:49 AM
It's almost 5am. and I just finished reading through the whole zine... awesome! Loved all the layouts and the designer info, loved the format, loved the whole thing :)

aubero
01-16-2006, 05:14 AM
This is totally fantastic, I love everything about it, especially the tutorial section. Congratulations to you all and thank you so much for this issue and the beautiful kit ....
-Aude-

DigiBethy
01-16-2006, 07:29 AM
Great design, good information, layouts are inspiring.

My only comment is in the tutorials. I loved 'em, but sometimes you are to refer to the picture for the settings of a certain part and the pictures can be a little hard to see even at 100%. Maybe make the screen shots, especially those with important information, a tad bigger.

The PS stitching tutorial was really great. I've done stitching but the information here will take mine to the next level!

I'd like to see more information about the fab ladies who are helping make this site so fantastic. I love reading about you all! Very professional looking and downloads worked great for me!

Angela
01-16-2006, 09:10 AM
It's awesome!!!!!!

LauraBelle
01-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Great job on the mag! I love the tutorials and how that there are so many LOs for inspiration.

InLoveWithDOTS
01-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Laura! WOW! I just downloaded my copy and all I can say is that I wish this was an actual paper magazine so I could take it to bed with me and read it before heading off to sleep! It is TRULY fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kudos to everyone who made this happen!

CindyS
01-16-2006, 10:17 AM
I love the new magazine!!! Everyone involved did a fantastic job, congratulations! For those who are having trouble with the free downloads, I had to do what I do with SBB's ezine, which is open the file in Acrobat Reader and download files from there. I have a Mac, though, so that may not work on PCs, I don't know.

One of my favorite things about the magazine is that there's just the perfect amount of content. You don't forget everything you read on page 5 by the time you get to page 75. And the Chick spotlight with scraplifts was so much fun to read! I even like the ads!! And the design is very readable. Thanks again for sharing all your hard work with us for free. I think you'll get a LOT of subscribers...including me!

Valgal
01-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Rachael just gave me the idea of printing this bad boy out... think I'll do that today (might need some fresh ink though)!

angedawn
01-16-2006, 11:19 AM
I love all the page samples in it, the tutorials were well explained and very visual with the screen shots... and my favorite part was the professional look and feel that was created by being CONSISTENT throughout the publication. I loved the little dots across the top of the pages, the "quickfacts" about the people highlighted in it, and even the consistent size of the designer ads really helped to make the de-zine look like a high quality, well thought out publication!

Thanks so much for the free issue... it was a treat! :)

Kat Stokes
01-16-2006, 11:27 AM
I just have to say WOW!!! You ladies did a WONDERFUL job and I read the whole thing last night! I even did Robin's tutorial which was soooooo easy!!! Thank you Robin! Now I am glad I have 7.0 so I am off to work on Sara's tutorial today! Finally, some tutorials that reall TEACH you how to do this stuff yourself! The ads are awesome and I really like the scraplift section. Keep up the great work ladies! Can't wait to see Feb's.

rmcabana
01-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Great job on the De-Zine! I really love the tuts and seeing all the LOs at a large size.

AmyK
01-16-2006, 06:46 PM
The de-zine is awesome! I've got mine saved so I can look through it all again - especially the stitching tut. I loved the great designer ads throughout. And the whole design of it is just cool! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

jannylynn
01-16-2006, 07:59 PM
LOVE the tuts!!! I really want to make my own elements so these are helpful.

I had some DL issues too. I got the first link but haven't been able to reload the mag since then. It seems to be reloading now. :) I'm sure it's some ISP thing.

Leora
01-16-2006, 09:11 PM
WOW... (I know I am a little behind in responding to this...life has been CRAZY busy) but the De-zine looks FANTASTIC!!! CONGRATS to all of the designers and editors on creating a unique, SUPER FAB looking e-zine!!! I look forward to seeing the Feb issue and more! :)

sinead
01-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Awesome job, girls! I'm working my way through it slowly (to savor every minute). It's terrific!!

RachelS
01-17-2006, 12:07 AM
I think it looks awesome! I can't wait to get the celebrate kit downloaded, but have decided to hold off until I get a few of the things I am working on around the house done. When I get new stuff I just want to use it right away KWIM?

meems
01-17-2006, 12:30 AM
I also wanted to mention that I really like the landscape orientation. I think it makes it much easier to read/look at on screen.

chloe
01-17-2006, 01:32 PM
I have nothing to say but WOW!! You did an amazing job, congratulations and thank you so much. I had trouble downloading the de-zine, but I'm happy to be stubborn because it is totally worth!

Krista
01-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Awesome! You all did a great job! Thanks for the free download too. Since I am new to all this there are so many inspirations for me. I saw the tutorials and they are great, but none for Paint Shop Pro?? I've seen so many tutorials for Photoshop that I have been considering switching, but I have worked so hard already to get where I am right now in PSP, it would suck to start over!
Your hard work really shows, it's a great de-zine!

nbeaudreau
01-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Just have to say that I LOVED your dezine!! LOVED the tutorials and the freebie. Wonderful job, Ladies! I'm looking foward to getting the next issue!!

lbth-mi
01-17-2006, 03:32 PM
I've got to wait to download it until I can get to my husband's office. He has high speed internet there, and we only have super slow dial-up here at home. :(

Charla
01-17-2006, 03:40 PM
It's wonderful!! I enjoyed the whole thing...it's fun to look at, as well as having excellent tutorials!
Thanks for all the awesome work! (and thanks for making February free too!)

hawaiianbrat96
01-17-2006, 08:22 PM
What I have seen so far, while waiting for it to load completely, is AWESOME!

But I noticed that there isn't much about PSP. Since both PSP and APS is used for digital scrapbooking, I would think both would be represented. I know that on this site, APS is predominately used, but I would love to see a little more for PSP.

Thanks!

SimplySara
01-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Yay! I'm glad you all liked the stitching tutorial! Can't wait to see what you all make!

Great job girls on making the De-zine a success!
Sara

hawaiianbrat96
01-18-2006, 09:28 PM
I finally finished, and I am in AWE!! This was an awesome download!! I learned lots, and I do believe I can figure out how to turn some of that stuff around and do it on PSP. I probably should have applied to be a PSP tutorial writer, but with school still going on when the applications were being accepted, I wasn't able to.

Anyways, AWESOME ladies, very professional yet fun!

ChristineS
01-18-2006, 09:45 PM
I was totally impressed. Loved the overall look, the quality of the LOs, the content and the stitching tut. VERY WELL DONE -- congratulations!!!

katef
01-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Finally was able to download it (curse our download limit) and wow!!!! Soooooo worth the wait! So many things to drool over and learn! Great job everyone!

Kate