PDA

View Full Version : Printer shopping!!

wildblueeyez
07-22-2011, 08:36 AM
So, after 7+ years, my Epson printer has quit working. by "quit working" I mean even with new cartridges, it's not printing right - the colors are all muted and muddied.

I've tried cleaning the heads and the other things Epson website suggests but all it does is empty the brand new ink cartridges I just bought last monday....:mad:

So, it's time to put my baby to rest.... So, Chickies - esp. if you print digital papers and elements - hit me up with the printer you have and use!

donnawells
07-22-2011, 10:07 AM
I have been a die-hard Epson user, but mine also bit the dust after spending a year in a hot storage unit (thank you cheating ex-husband) so then I just bought a little HP so I could print invoices. If I got another printer, I would want one with separate cartridges for each color. It's so frustrating when the color cartridge "supposedly" runs out of ink when you know darn well that there's only one color empty.

wildblueeyez
07-22-2011, 05:44 PM
yes, separate cartridges are a MUST! LOL

juliesouthern
07-22-2011, 06:27 PM
I just bought an inexpensive wireless Kodak all in one at Target for a whopping 69 bucks, and I love it so much better than my previous Canon. And I love the wireless part! It doesn't have separate cartridges, but the color rocks and supposedly the ink is fairly inexpensive (never buy Lexmark! LOL). I don't use the scanner for digi stuff but it's great for "mom, can you scan this receipt?" sort of things.

wildblueeyez
07-23-2011, 01:31 AM
thank you! not that you made it any easier LOL.... I hate shopping for printers. I just want one that will print nice bright true to monitor colors!!

Nathalie
07-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Mine is already a bit older, have a Canon Pixma IP5200 - not sure what the newest model is. Love it and am really happy with it, even though it already is more than 3 years old. I would love to get a bigger printer so that I would be able to print 12x12inch. But the cartridges for those... holey moley! Guess I save some more money and get a laser ;)

jacinda
07-23-2011, 06:50 AM
I love my Canon ip4500 printer. It's been superceeded now, but it's a great printer and has separate cartridges.