PDA

View Full Version : Giving The Love~ Let's Praise!!

AndreaBurns
01-21-2006, 03:28 PM
This was posted over at 2Ps, but I thought it very appropriate for us, since posting praise has gone down lately...

As posted by BriAnna (Atomic Cupcake)

"Lots of us complain about overlooked layouts and such in the gallery, but not many of us are doing much praising ourselves. In other sharing (NSBR) communities I've been involved with there has been a sort of golden rule about the galleries. If you post something for others to look at, you have to post comments, too. I hear people complaining about needing feedback (but I'm missing where they are giving it to others).

May I suggest:

If you post a layout (hoping for comments), you have to post some comments on the other layouts posted before you.

Also, If someone leaves you a nice comment, you return the favor and find a recent layout of their's you like something about and leave a comment back.

What do you think?

I hereby vow to follow the golden rule of posting."

Lets spread the love!!! TDC is an AWESOME community, and lets see it flourish! I want to encourage you to praise, praise, praise! (besides, some of us have to get our numbers back up [wink, wink, LOL])

sinead
01-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Great plan, Andrea! I saw that on 2Peas, too, and I've tried to up my praising lately. :)

d2vasquez
01-21-2006, 03:38 PM
What a great idea......I try to do this as much as possible or at least pm the person who continually posts on my layouts.....but there are times when life gets a bit hectic and I can't. But going to keep working at getting better at it....

Marlies
01-21-2006, 04:40 PM
What a great idea, I'll try and spread some L.O.V.E. :kiss:

InLoveWithDOTS
01-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Count me in on the love train! :)

HilaryG
01-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the great post, Andrea. It is always nice to get recognition...and it also feels good to say nice things to other people.

Hilary

HilaryG
01-21-2006, 07:50 PM
And another thought...for all those people who "lost" posts and are keeping track of their post count...this is a great way to increase your post count!

Hilary

chloe
01-22-2006, 01:34 AM
I totally approve this suggestion, and I'll try to follow it! It is very frustrating, especially for a newbie as me, to post LOs without having much feedback. In this domain, the more is the better! I know I'm not very objective on my own layouts, so I need an eye "from outside" to help me improve them!

By the way, thanks to all those who actively comment LOs!

aubero
01-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Excellent suggestion Andrea! We all love to receive, don't we, so we need to give more .... Off to the Gallery now !!!

MariKoegelenberg
01-22-2006, 10:33 AM
You have got the spirit girl! Spread the love! Have to concentrate on making at least 3 comments on the gallery everytime I visit (which is nearly every hour! Lol!)

novita
01-22-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm in!!!

AndreaBurns
01-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks guys! Its so easy to see someone's LO in the gallery.. and then not leave praise if there is already something said. Who Cares! The more the merrier right? And we want to keep this community steady & growing, so we should be encouraging and praising the newbies too. KWIM?

I would love to see praise counts double or triple! Instead of 1 or 2, I'd love to see 5-10!!!

Charla
01-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Great idea, Andrea! I've tried to leave a few comments whenever I think of it, but thanks for the push. I love getting comments and it's a good reminder that I'm not the only one :D

Jane
01-23-2006, 06:50 AM
This is a good idea. I will jump on over to the gallery and take a peek!

abbysmommy
01-23-2006, 11:59 AM
I promise I'll try to be better. Thanks for the reminder and guidelines. :o)

ChristineS
01-23-2006, 04:02 PM
my personal rule of thumb is to post 5 comments for every LO I upload, not sure if I've been very good at it lately, tho~!

AndreaBurns
01-31-2006, 02:25 PM
BTT!!! :teeth_smi Just another friendly reminder that you gotta give love to recieve love! :cyclops:

Marlies
01-31-2006, 02:52 PM
I wish I had never read this, because this is gonna be another addiction.I started today; how awesome is it to praise the girls who have taken the time to praise you and take the opportunity to look at someones gallery!

Amazing idea, although another addiction wasn't exactly what I needed, LOL!

d2vasquez
01-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Thanks Andrea - I have been quoting you and this thread but didn't know where it was......well said!!!

Charla
02-11-2006, 01:10 PM
I figure this post can always use a bump, and I have an add-on question to it.

I love leaving comments, and there are some people I find myself commenting on, again and again.

For people who are good at the "golden rule," do you ever feel like you HAVE to comment on someone's layouts, simply because they left comments on yours? I love comments (who doesn't!?) but I would hate to have someone feel like they had to leave a comment, just because I had liked one of theirs.

Am I nuts?? :tounge_sm

AndreaBurns
03-13-2006, 11:23 AM
BTT!

Lets Praise alot today everyone!

:) :) :)

sinead
03-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Good plan! I'll head over to the gallery in a bit to see what wonderful and inspiring work I can find. :)

Nonnie917
03-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Great idea. I will put this into practice. I usually do leave comments, but I wasn't aware of the before and after LOs.

cabbage_head4
03-13-2006, 04:24 PM
there are so many beautiful LOs up there, i'm continually amazed!!

Heather_R
03-13-2006, 05:02 PM
BTT!

Lets Praise alot today everyone!

:) :) :)

I just left comments for almost all the LOs on the first gallery page! If I could just keep it up! :)

Andree
04-08-2006, 07:38 PM
oh, I love this, I'm getting goose bumps. I'll totally apply this from now on!!

Kazadoodle
04-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Well, I comment on everyone who comments on my LO's - I also comment in the main gallery when somethign catches my eye, but not always :(

It's a great idea (in one forum that I hang around - a non digi scrap, but a digi art, you are unable to upload any art until you have looked at and rated 10 other pieces of art - you don't have to comment, but you must rate)