PDA

View Full Version : Go Hawks!

Laura_A
01-24-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm so excited that the Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl! I love football and am ultimately a Packers fan, but being from Seattle, I'm so proud of our team this year! Super Bowl Sunday is always strange for us cuz it doesn't start until around midnight here... but, Uncle Sam lets the guys sleep in on Monday (usually), so that's nice. The worst part though is we never get to see all the fun commercials (the American Forces Network doesn't have real commercials).

Anyway, I may go all out this year and have a Super Bowl party at my house... we'll see.

GO HAWKS!

SheScraps
01-24-2006, 07:58 AM
You are my husband's fantasy wife (with the exception of your choice in teams LOL)! ROFL I wish I could get into football but I just can't.

Hey on a totally different note, kinda sorta anyway, I met some of the Seahawks when I was in the 9th grade. The only one that really sticks out in my mind was Brian Bosworth...you know he was considered a major hottie back then. LOL They came to our school for some reason (can't remember why) and ALL the little junior high girls were swooning over them! LOL

Laura_A
01-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Oh yeah.. loved the "Boz"! Remember his crazy haircut? The principal of our HighSchool made a bet with the students that if we made a certain amt of money during the charity walk that we did, he'd get his hair cut like that. Well, we did... so one of the local sports news guys came and cut our principal's hair during a pep assembly. LOL It was histerical! (the next year he had to get his ear pearced)

AndreaBurns
01-24-2006, 11:24 AM
I hear ya Laura~ I live near Pittsburgh, and its just crazy here for the Steelers! I personally detest football, so I think everyone is just nutty right now!

scoobie81
01-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Laura, I'm here in the Seattle area and you should see the craziness (good kind) and excitement that's been building here!!!! Oh my gosh, it's so awesome! What a perfect defense and offense this last week (and great throughout the season). Super Bowl here we come! Whoooohoooooo!

Laura_A
01-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Laura, I'm here in the Seattle area and you should see the craziness (good kind) and excitement that's been building here!!!! Oh my gosh, it's so awesome! What a perfect defense and offense this last week (and great throughout the season). Super Bowl here we come! Whoooohoooooo!

Aww man, I'm so jealous! How fun.

rh_scrapbooker
01-24-2006, 12:44 PM
I guess I'm a fair weather fan :)

Since we don't have a professional team, Seahawks are the closest....and like someone has mentioned, it has been YEARS since they got this far.....

So, I'll root for them to win this year, but I'm probably not going to watch the game. Might DVR the game so I can see the commercials, but that's about it.

Rachel

Kat Stokes
01-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Another football fan here - rooting for the Hawks! I am a 49ers diehard fan <ducking now> but I have to root for a West Coast team since they didn't make it. So, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAWKS!!!

andreavictoria
01-24-2006, 09:24 PM
WTG Seahawks!!! Both DH and I are big football fans. Infact we met playing football, flag that is...lol! But anyways, Eugene was there on Sunday when they won! He said it was awesome, it was so loud it was deafening!

Go SEAHAWKS!!!!

lbth-mi
01-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Well, the big game is being held here in my home area - at Ford Field in Detroit.

The fun for us is that our younger son free-lances for Metro Crewing, which is supplying all the extra staffing that all the TV networks are going to need. He is working the sidelines for ESPN doing utility for one of the camera operators.

Laura_A
01-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Lucky guy!

lbth-mi
01-25-2006, 10:12 PM
In many ways. Besides the dream job and making decent money for both Saturday and Sunday of the Super Bowl, he also will be getting vacation pay from the TV station he works for :)

hkrose
01-28-2006, 12:31 AM
Laura... I can relate. I'm a huge Steelers fan and it's so awesome that they made the Superbowl. Unfortunately, it'll probably be on tv during the wee hours of the morning. You better believe I'll be watching though.

Sorry Hawk fans... GO STEELERS!

KimberlyGiarrusso
01-28-2006, 03:39 AM
My husband LOVES the panthers, and I love the Seahawks. You can imagine the rumble we had last weekend. I am so stoked though.

Go Seahawks!

Laura_A
01-28-2006, 05:04 AM
Heehee, Kimberly... another reason why I love you!