PDA

View Full Version : What's in YOUR Username??

AndreaBurns
01-25-2006, 11:51 PM
This is just for fun, but I get a real kick out of reading some of the Usernames in this board and in the Gallery!! I'd like to know why/how you came up with the name you did! Care to share?

My MIL got me into collecting antique and vintage Raggedy Ann's... they have to be 50 yrs old or completley homemade for me to like them. My old email address used to be photog_dre (a nickname of mine from college, and a play off of "photographer andrea"http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/images/icons/wink.gif

Anyways, that email accnt was filling up with way too much daily junk, and I had just received an email from my MIL calling me Raggedy Andrea, and she signed off Raggedy Sally Ann, and thus my idea for my new email address, and then it just naturally led to a board name.

So there you go! http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/images/icons/smile.gif Over the love of a Rag Doll, who BTW will be celebrating a birthday soon.

rh_scrapbooker
01-26-2006, 12:01 AM
rh_scrapbooker = Rachel Houghton (first initials of both names) and the identifier of "scrapbooker"

:D

Rachel

RachelS
01-26-2006, 12:01 AM
My username is so simple... I have two little boys called Isaac & Ian... the one who can talk still calls me Momma! LOL! Couldn't get much simpler than that. My email address is ridiculously simple to. My initials and last name... sigh. I should get more creative sometime.

sinead
01-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Well, mine has evolved. My email for the longest time started with almostturner. I got it when I got engaged--I was almost a Turner. Someone pointed out that I had been a Turner for 3 years when Maggie was born--hardly "almost" anymore, right? So...off I go. Maggieandmommy became the new beginning of my email. I use it as my user name because I can remember it. :)

Leila
01-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Well, my mom gave it to me 31 years, 5 months, 2 weeks and 2 days ago...and it stuck. :teeth_smi

aggietha
01-26-2006, 12:38 AM
My nickname is Aggie and my second name is Agatha ~ since there were boards which I was a member of already had Aggie and I was not thetype to sign in with Aggie+the digits of my birthday ~ I just appended the ~tha to it, so aggietha was it :)

AmyJo
01-26-2006, 01:14 AM
Um...guess...I'm just AmyJo - lol - my sister Kadi recently asked Dad why Casey is "Geesum," she's "Nyim" and Kortni is "Portins" - but I just got to be AmyJo - and he shrugged and said, "because she's special." LOL :)

Gypsystar
01-26-2006, 02:33 AM
Are you sure you want to know *lol*!

Have you ever seen the 80's vampire flick, The Lost Boys? There is a character in the movie named Star that dresses like a gypsy, hence my user name *lol*! I've loved that movie forever, it's my guilty pleasure :D.

Laura_A
01-26-2006, 03:43 AM
LOL Leila!

Tabatha, I love that movie... I wanted her hair so bad!

My username is so unique... first name last initial.. LOL.

MariKoegelenberg
01-26-2006, 03:45 AM
My username is also real simple my dd's name is chrismari so there you get: chrismaris_mommy but my email addy is diekoegies die=the in my home language and koegies is a abbreviation of koegelenberg which is my surname and so long and very unpronouncable! Lol!

chibikko
01-26-2006, 04:22 AM
Mine? In Japanese, chibikko means 'little kid'. Like most little kids, have many things to learn, so did I when I first started digi-scrapping. I have never use any graphic program before, let alone digi-scrapping. So much to learn like a little kid! I still am a little kid *lol*

chloe
01-26-2006, 05:45 AM
my first name is actually Chloé, but the english alpha doesn't know the accents like french does, so to avoid problems to my english speaker co-chicks, I decided to drop the accent on the E... as simple as that!

InLoveWithDOTS
01-26-2006, 05:53 AM
InLoveWithDOTS= In Love With D.O.T.S., DOTS being the company Dozens of Terrific Stamps, later to be known as Close To My Heart. I went on to become a director in the company but left a couple years ago to pursue other interests. The name just kind of stuck, so that's what I use at 99% of the boards I visit. :)

Valgal
01-26-2006, 05:54 AM
Well, my mom gave it to me 31 years, 5 months, 2 weeks and 2 days ago...and it stuck. :teeth_smi

LOL! YOu crack me up!

aubero
01-26-2006, 05:55 AM
I'm French and in France, if you are the 1st born grandchild, they insist on giving you a first name + the names of your grandmothers (grandfathers if you happen to be a boy!), my user name "aubero" is a combination of my 3 names "au" is for Aude, "ber" stands for Bernadette and well "o" is for the last one which I really dislike because it is terribly old fashion, but I had to add it otherwise I would have had to share my user name with a Parisian tube station... Who wants to be called like a tube station, you tell me ?

Valgal
01-26-2006, 06:00 AM
There is a sweet, sweet woman at my church who often calls out, "Hi, Val pal" or "Hi, Val gal." as we're passing. I was signing up for a digi site and couldn't use my usual handle (which was 'papernscissors', lol! I got reamed for that one when I first signed up at SBB) and typed out Valgal. Liked it and kept it :)

shaybell
01-26-2006, 06:30 AM
We had to Birman cats, Shaynee and Bella - Shaybell is a combination of both names :)

katef
01-26-2006, 06:53 AM
Mine is so boring... Kate is always taken (of course) so I just add the first initial of my last name to it... if that is also taken I add my married surname's initial as well.

Way back many years ago when I was a total net nerd and on irc my username was 'koo' a nick name from when I was small and my family would call me 'katie-koo'. I used to hate that so much, but when I discovered it was also swedish for cow it suddenly seemed more appropriate!

Kate

mishou
01-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Mishou ( pronounced mee-shoo) is a common French-Canadian nickname for anyone named Michelle or Micheline or any name starting with the 'meesh' sound. I was never called that as a kid, it only started in my first year of University with my friends. I've been using it as a username ever since.

JennStar
01-26-2006, 08:39 AM
My parents gave me the name Jennifer Star (I was quite close to being named Sunshine Star- my parents were both, shall we say, a little hippeeish!)- I love my name! My nickname- JennStar- was derived because both Mark & Robert (my DH & his cousin, both of the same last name) married Jennifer's. So there are 2 of us. And we are quite close. We are both called Jennifer or Jenn, but she is always Jenni & I am always JennStar. She actually started my nickname.

Funny stroy- we use quite a few of the same doctors and used to live on the same street- 1 time, while she was pregnant, I went to pick up a prescription at the drug store. They tried to give me prenatal vitamins- to which I replied "No, I'm picking up birth control pills!!!!"

Angela
01-26-2006, 08:57 AM
My username is pretty self explanatory.

I used to go by Angibaby or Army Ang. Angela's just easier now.

carolbaryl
01-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Too Funny, Jennstar (about the pills,lol)!
My username is pretty simple. My name is Carol and my Dad always called me Carol Baryl (which is some kind of gem). When I originally signed up at TDC, my username was hotbreadzeke, but after a while I changed it to reflect who I am (plus I changed my email address and I like everthing uniform lol)!
This is such a fun thread! I love reading about how you all got your usernames!

Charla
01-26-2006, 09:59 AM
It's so much fun to read people's names!

LOL at Leila. (I'm still working on hearing "lee-luh" when I read it...I know a Leyla pronounced "Lay-luh" so it's hard).
Anyways, my middle name is Rebekah. When I was little, my mom would call me "Charleney Berekah." So it's my standard screen name, because it's almost never taken (and I think it's likely that if it is taken, I signed up there in the past and forgot lol) :D

MarshaZepeda
01-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Great thread, Andrea! I love reading how everyone got their screen names.... so here goes my story..... lol!

When I first started at SBB, I wanted to use "trulyblessed" which was taken.... darn! lol! So I changed it to "blessedbyGod" because.... well, I am BLESSED by GOD.... And at 2ps, somehow I messed up when I signed up so I had to use TRULYblessedbyGod because you know what? God has TRULY blessed me tremendously and I HAVE to let you all know, ya know? lol! :tounge_sm

SingingTree
01-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Mine sounds like it should have a good story...but alas no...I just thought that a singing tree sounded lovely and interesting.

lengguy75
01-26-2006, 11:54 AM
My username and email addie is the same...lengguy75. I am very forgetful of names that's why it's the same.

My real name is Leslie, and my nickname is LENG. GUY is the name of a very famous local actress in the Philippines known for her dark complexion and being vertically-challenged. And just because I had the same qualities when I was a child, they teased me with the name Leng-guy. 75 is my year of birth. Put it all together... voila!

SimplySara
01-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Simply Sara is simply me! After years of using different screen names like baby_feet, or vw_luvbug, I decided I just simply wanted to be me.

There ya go! Fun thread.
Sara

ybus
01-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Great thread! I always wonder the story behind the names. Mine is kinda simple

y - yvonne
bus - busdeker

y

lindvk
01-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Mine isn't very creative, lol, just my college email.

Lind is my last name, and VK are my first and middle initials. :)

ScrapWithNikki
01-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Mine is too simple, its the title of my personal scrapbooking website....ScrapWithNikki

sweetmindy
01-26-2006, 04:43 PM
hmmm i have a few but finally settle on sweetmindy a few years ago. I was toto143(To is my maiden name) and i was bittersweetie because some guy told me i was sweet but bitter sometime or mintymindy LOL it just catchy, my real name is Mindy Terasawa

~Mindy~

HilaryG
01-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Mine is boring, my first name and last initial...but I see that I am in good company with many distinguished scrappers who do the same :)

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories.

Hilary

meems
01-26-2006, 05:07 PM
fun thread

meems is just a nickname for Mimi, my 1st name.

Leila
01-26-2006, 05:30 PM
I suppose I should mention my e-mails too. Trust me though, their stories aren't as good as my board name's story, lol!

My main e-mail is princessleila. That was my husband's idea--even though he knows how to say my name (and thank you Charlene for at least trying to think it right! Try to think of it as an exotic version of Sheila. ;)) he teases me with common mispronunciations. Leia is one of the top 3 for me--so he suggested princessleila as a play on Princess Leia.

Then there's jerseygirl.d--I was raised in Jersey, hence the first part. I added the "d" when jerseygirl was taken. D is my husband's first initial. :)

And then there's schatzie_a. My husband speaks German fluently, and often calls me "mein schatz" or "mein schatzie". Schatz means treasure. Schatzie is just the diminutive of that, so little treasure. :teeth_smi

HillsCass
01-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh, I WISH i had an interesting story!! I always seem to do these sorts of things (picking names for forums) late at night, with no forethought....

When I first joined a scrapping forum, a while ago now.... I had just moved to the Adelaide Hills. And as Cass is a fairly popular name, I went with HillsCass. Which is rather ironic, cos I'm actually a Cassie, not a Cass.

I'd change it, but, nah..... too hard!!

craftytinkerbell
01-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Oh I'll answer... mine's kinda obvious I guess. I love to do crafts (if it's found in a craft store, I've tried it!) and the second part is about my love of tinkerbell. So craftytinkerbell it is. I have other names but this one is a current fave.. LOL

d2vasquez
01-27-2006, 12:08 AM
When I met my husband, we only had one main email address - darlajestrada. He hated giving it out and one day asked me how come he didn't have his own account. So to settle things I came up with d2vasquez - the d2 is for the first initials in our names - Darla and David or in case he sees this David and Darla. Since I sometimes forget my usernames at places so I just made it simple to match our email address. I figured I couldn't forget this......I hope....

Leila
01-27-2006, 12:48 AM
When I met my husband, we only had one main email address - darlajestrada. He hated giving it out and one day asked me how come he didn't have his own account. So to settle things I came up with d2vasquez - the d2 is for the first initials in our names - Darla and David or in case he sees this David and Darla. Since I sometimes forget my usernames at places so I just made it simple to match our email address. I figured I couldn't forget this......I hope....

My father and stepmonster did something similar, theirs starts with DnD*****

lbth-mi
01-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Mine is just my initials and then Michigan, which is where I live. (Another creative one :sarcastic )

RachelS
01-27-2006, 09:45 AM
And then there's schatzie_a. My husband speaks German fluently, and often calls me "mein schatz" or "mein schatzie". Schatz means treasure. Schatzie is just the diminutive of that, so little treasure. :teeth_smi

I had been wondering about that. I had an ex who also spoke German fluently because he lived there for a few years while in school. He used to call me " mein schatz" all the time! He also wrote me love letters in German.... strange man.

Rynonut Mom
01-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Darla - we were m2adams until after we had kids and needed to change it!

Ryno - is Ryan's nickname (he's named after Ryne Sandberg but I wouldn't let daddy use the funky spelling.)

Nut - Peanut which is Matthew's nickname (Matthew means Gift from God - he was going to be Tyler until we found out and then I searched out meanings of names and we both liked Matthew and it's meaning.)

Other fun fact - Ryan has Michael (DH's 1st name) as his middle name and Matthew has John (DH's middle name) as his middle name.

It is our e-mail address too - so when I wanted something other than my name (which is the other screen name I have) - I went with rynonut because I knew no one would have it! LOL!

I've oftern wondered about some of the screen names - so fun to learn!!!!

abbysmommy
01-27-2006, 11:56 AM
These are so fun and sooo interesting. :)

I think mine is pretty self-explanatory. I am simply Abby's Mommy. Not sure what I'm gonna do when a second is born. Take a look at my siggy. I'm a HUGE University of Texas fan, so I used to be I_Bleed_Burnt_Orange. But then I figured that was sort of gruesome, so I went with my daughter's name. LOL!

thequeenofquirk
01-27-2006, 12:57 PM
man, i'm so boring! LOL

hkrose
01-27-2006, 11:27 PM
I'm not so exciting either... living in Hong Kong aka HK and last name is Rose.

I've tried to be creative in the past for emails and it ended up confusing too many people so I went simple.

Stacey42
01-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Mine is my first name. Since that usually taken I add various things to the end, depending on the type of board I am on. On parenting/fertility boards I add my middle name. On digiscrap boards I add '42' in honor of my favorite author, the late Douglas Adams. According to his book The HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy, 42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe & Everything - the problem is, no one really understands what the question is. :)

pagebypaige
01-28-2006, 12:36 PM
My middle name is Paige, and that is what I usually go by so that is how my username came to be pagebypaige.