PDA

View Full Version : Tablets

holly
06-07-2005, 12:06 PM
How many use them? What do you like about them?

MandaBean
06-07-2005, 03:38 PM
I don't have one. I WANT one badly, but I just don't know what to buy and how much I could spend on one? Any suggestions?

~~Andie~~
06-07-2005, 10:37 PM
i have one...i used it a lot in school and havnt gotten used to using it again (computer desk is at the wrong height)

holly
06-07-2005, 10:43 PM
I have a WACOM, have had it since before Christmas and can't get used to it much other than some simple coloring in.

Laura_A
06-08-2005, 05:25 AM
I've heard a bit about them, but not sure how much I'd use it. I guess I'm not at the point of needing one yet.

Eve1972
06-14-2005, 02:59 PM
I have a big one, but i'm still getting use to it :lol

three-cowboys
06-14-2005, 09:18 PM
I really really want one. But I don't want to spend the money on an Intuos. Does anyone know if the Graphire compatible with PSCS2? I looked up their site inside and out, and didn't get an answer.

Linda

three-cowboys
07-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Finally went and got one. It's definitely got a learning curve! I've been really busy so I haven't played with it much, but my 6 year old likes it a lot! LOL! I've only tried it with Illustrator so far though.

holly
07-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Yeah - I in fact....found a tablet PC at Nebraska Furniture Mart that I'm in love with!!!

I really only use mine to color in things....must practice more too! Maybe we need a challenge!

paula_duncan
07-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Okay....I'm the slow one here.....what exactly is a tablet?

holly
07-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Here's one:

http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/index.cfm

paula_duncan
07-09-2005, 10:08 PM
So it's kinda like a Magna Doodle that you can connect to your PC and use in PS. Cool

three-cowboys
07-10-2005, 05:09 AM
LOL! Magna Doodle is a good description!!! I just wish it came with that swiping bar at the bottom... :)

~~Andie~~
07-10-2005, 10:49 AM
ROFLOL Magna Doodle !!!! THAT ROCKS!!!

Crsttt
07-10-2005, 01:08 PM
I don't have one but it is on my "list" .

I made the mistake of mentioning it to DH so I may get it sooner then I planned but after the slip I tried to repeat several times that I wanted eventually.

I would like to do some reasearch on them to see which I would like and would work for me.

Christy

LorraineM
07-13-2005, 12:21 AM
I got a small 4x5 graphire five days ago. I figured I would play with it until it no longer suited my purpose, then graduate to bigger. You can get crazy with "bigger," though....i.e., 600 big ones. Either way, I'm having fun playing with mine.

Lorraine

SarahJ
07-16-2005, 07:07 PM
I got one (a 4x5 Graphire) a few weeks ago. I thought I HAD to have it, but I really am having trouble getting used to it. I keep reaching for my mouse (and not the one that goes with the tablet, that is weird to me...) for everything I do. I put it away for a while, I need to get it out and get a feel for it, I think!

moischka0595
07-21-2005, 10:23 PM
I got mine earlier this week, a Wacom. And after dh installed it and all that I kind of got intimidated by it. So I made myself just play with it a little bit. It's really not as difficult as I thought it would be. I had read that they were so slick that it was hard to get used to, but I'm not having that problem. I mean you do have to get used to it and I wouldn't say I'm all that used to it, but so far I really like it.

I've used it for drawing mostly. Also for coloring in, drawing my lassos and erasing.

windowshopmom
08-02-2005, 04:20 PM
I had to have one....bought it....it's a lot of fun but I don't know that I really have any clue what I'm supposed to be doing with it. Wouldn't give it up though! :)

Holly....if you found a tablet PC at NFM that means you need to come back to Omaha to get it! (grin) OR...they probably have it in KC too.....:)

fiddlette
08-03-2005, 06:04 AM
I am so glad someone posted this thread, because I'd been wondering if I needed one, or not!

I've looked at Wacom's website, and I still can't tell what it's applcations would be in PSCS.

Does anyone know?

And what are some other uses for it?

Thanks!

andreavictoria
08-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Just got off the phone with DH and our anniversary is coming up on Monday. We have a CompUSA store credit that is burning a whole in our pocket. So guess who is going to get a tablet? I think I will get the 4x5 for now and see what I can do with it. I've been trying to make my own papers recently and think that I will definately be needing one. So excited!

Linda--how are you doing with your tablet?

jasbeanie
08-27-2005, 11:35 AM
brand new owner of a wacom grapphire3...

woohoo!!!
hubby got me one for my birthday....

so happy! :D

Witchy Mama
08-27-2005, 11:20 PM
i have acheap on from Aldi, was $69 or something. Its really big (like the drawing area is as big as my screen lol) but it doesn't have drivers for mac so I don't have pressure sensitivity but thats ok because I wanted it for when I do my dolls (like in my siggy) and it works really well for that, makes it alot easier to do curves...

UnDecided
08-28-2005, 01:23 AM
I have been tossing around the idea of getting one for a little while. The problem is though, if I get one I want it to be the Intuous and I'll have to save a couple weeks for one of those. In the meantime, I keep seeing other things that I want to buy and spending all the money I save. Ahhh... I'm no good at saving money.

I want to start designing though (have played around with it a little bit for a while now) and I think that tablets give you a lot more freedom, and a sort of realism/whimsy that you just can't get with a mouse. Maybe if I can tell DH that I could potentially start making a little $ he would buy it for me... hmmmm now that's an idea....

Candiflip
09-06-2005, 03:46 PM
I have had a wacom tablet for about a year now but NEVER use it. What do you use yours for? I just find no need for mine LOL Lucky I got it one sale. The price at future shop was like $150 But I remember getting it on sale for $89 :tounge_sm
I would love to hear what you do with yours. I would love to get some use out of mine. My husband always says I buy stuff and never use it... sometimes that is true LOL

Candice

islander girl
09-10-2005, 10:14 PM
I just bought one today at Best Buy, it's on sale for $79 plus a $20 rebate (rebate ends today), so really it comes out to $59...I really wanted to wait awhile before getting one, but I couldn't pass up the deal. I'm using mine for touch ups on my pictures and will be using it to doodle on some of my LO's and pictures. I definitely need to get the hang of it, but I guess a little playing around and practice should help? :-)