PDA

View Full Version : Project Life

nicoleseitler
12-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Okay, now... you can tell Pinterest is messing with my life, right? December Daily, One Little Word... now Project Life!

Yup. I'M SO FREAKING OBSESSED! :loveshower:

Anyone else doing PL?

(I can get you in on a super secret [no-not-really] FB support group, if you are!)

wishingwellcreations
12-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Will you link us up to some info about it, for those who are not extremely well-versed in all of the little details about it? :grin: Purty please, with sugary goodness on top?

MariKoegelenberg
12-14-2011, 03:35 PM
I am getting my package tomorrow...I have the digital collection: Clementine but I want to have the physical album etc. as well. Eeeek! This is so exciting!

MariKoegelenberg
12-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Becky Higgins - Project Life (http://www.beckyhiggins.com/products/)

and you can buy the digital elements at Jessica Sprague (http://www.jessicasprague.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=479)

HTH! ;)

ccouch
12-14-2011, 04:04 PM
If I hop on board, I've got my sights set on Clementine. LOVE those colors and I'm always a sucker for black & white polka patterns!!

Mari, I know this might be a dumb question, but do you think you'll use the digital kit more so than the paper stuffs? I'm almost thinking that I might be more successful if I have paper stuff at the ready rather than worrying about printing & cutting out cards. I like the idea of having both, though!

ccouch
12-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Nicole, what system/ supplies are you planning to use?

nicoleseitler
12-14-2011, 04:12 PM
I am getting my package tomorrow...

Yay! :clap:

I've been looking at so many pins on Pinterest (Marcy Penner and Liz of Paislee Press)... I caved. I'm in love with this project. Last night I added a bunch of stuff on Amazon to my wishlist and told Travis "Hint, hint!" :D

nicoleseitler
12-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Nicole, what system/ supplies are you planning to use?

I was going to start by ordering the inserts for A (http://www.amazon.com/Photo-Pocket-Pages-Design-A/dp/B0049MFWZI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1HCVXTIA6XRC2&colid=3PI9NQM685BPT) and D (http://www.amazon.com/Photo-Pocket-Pages-Design-D/dp/B005TXVXRW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=IZ3EKQCP6A0VN&colid=3PI9NQM685BPT) (the same style of insert, but they flipflop and compliment one another, I think). I also think I'd use the half page (12 x 6 (http://www.amazon.com/6-x-12-Page-Protectors/dp/B005TYO8WI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1HM57MURQFFDP&colid=3PI9NQM685BPT)) inserts.

And I read somewhere that American Crafts binders work well, so I was going to get one that's black and kraft:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31unxGdLsoL._AA300_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/American-Crafts-12-Inch-D-Ring-Scrapbooking/dp/B000SMSW6E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=ISHHDMVFG735C&colid=3PI9NQM685BPT)

I can alter the front! :D

The only other thing I'd want would be the graph paper cards that are on back order. Or I could just make my own. I'm thinking I'm going to make a lot of my stuff when it comes to journaling cards and accents. :good:

dawnfarias
12-14-2011, 04:21 PM
I have been very interested in this and was glad to see the announcement about the digital supplies. Even now, when I make digital journaling cards for my kits, I've been trying to use the dimension of the PL cards.

So, yes, this project has been simmering in my thoughts for a little while!

MariKoegelenberg
12-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Mari, I know this might be a dumb question, but do you think you'll use the digital kit more so than the paper stuffs? I'm almost thinking that I might be more successful if I have paper stuff at the ready rather than worrying about printing & cutting out cards. I like the idea of having both, though!

That is not a dumb question at all! Okay here is what I want to do:

1. I am going to be printing at home. The pre-printed cards are convenient too, so hoping to implement best of both worlds. The sizes for the Cards are 6x4 and 3x4 which is so easy to print on your home computer.
2. I am also going to use the normal 8.5x11 Page protectors especially for school work and kids art etc.
3. I need to find a spot in the house (Kitchen/Family Room) where I can have the album open to add things as they happen (and also as an incentive).
4. I know a lot of people do theirs on a Monday but Mondays are just too hectic for me. I will be assembling mine on Friday evenings as I am unwinding for the week with the kids and DH (Friday nights and over weekends are usually when I get time to scrap the most)

HTH

YvetteSanders
12-14-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm doing this, sort of! I preferred the Simple Stories ones, with the WRMK page inserts. My binder and a bunch of the kits came yesterday. I;m on backorder for the page protectors, hopefully they come soon!

judet
12-15-2011, 08:47 AM
I want to do this digitally. I LOVE Marcy Penner's album but I don't think the physical binder is for me - not a fan of the size of the album, looks like too much work and lack of skills on my part!

I'm working on a few pages. I've been journalling in Oh Life since September and I kept a summer holiday journal so I could potentially go back that far in the format.

Is anyone else thinking of a digital PL? I don't really intend to use the official products, I love the more eclectic but still clean style that I've seen in Marcy's, Liz's and some other projects.

sbaird
12-15-2011, 09:08 AM
I LOVE American craft albums. I use them for all my albums.

dawnfarias
12-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Is anyone else thinking of a digital PL?

Me! Inspired by you. :) I've seen a few of your digital LOs in PL format and thought they were great!

nicoleseitler
12-15-2011, 03:21 PM
4. I know a lot of people do theirs on a Monday but Mondays are just too hectic for me. I will be assembling mine on Friday evenings as I am unwinding for the week with the kids and DH (Friday nights and over weekends are usually when I get time to scrap the most)

Me, too! I wouldn't do Monday, unless I was making journaling cards for fun. I would use Friday for scrapping. :thumbsup:

judet
12-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Me! Inspired by you. :) I've seen a few of your digital LOs in PL format and thought they were great!

Lol, Dawn - thanks, I'm really struggling to decide how to proceed though. I'm always like this on BIG projects! There's loads of inspiration out there for the physical format and really not that much for digi.

ccouch
12-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Will you gals be printing out photos at home or at a local photo lab?

My printer(s) don't do the best photos, but it would be so much more convenient at home than going to a lab. But....I'm thinking that if I am focusing on improving my photography and capturing great, meaningful photos, I'd want to have really great prints.

nicoleseitler
12-15-2011, 05:53 PM
My home printer sucks. I can barely do hybrid on it. I tried the other night to print out some cards... the other was all off. :P

I took pictures in to my Target. They look fabulous!

MariKoegelenberg
12-15-2011, 06:22 PM
I will be printing at home. I have epson premium matte for journaling cards etc. and I have the glossy for my photos...they just are better for my pictures. ;)

Oh and BTW my Project Life package arrived...:heart::heart::heart:

I broke it out of the packaging and me and my Mom have been doing a cliff note or is it a foot note? version of the past week...this is just soooo amazing!!! Going to get the pictures ready to print and should have something tangible by Saturday morning! ;) I am in luuuuurve!!!

I think the girls that want to do more digi and less paper should really consider at least an album and the inserts/page protectors...all of the pockets are either 3x4 0r 4x6 so you can easily print at home.

nicoleseitler
12-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Cliff Notes: Cliff Notes are these yellow books that sum up great books for lazy teenagers. "Just give me the Cliff Notes version. I don't have much time!"

Footnote: A note in a book in the footer. "I read in the footnote that the quote was by Shakespeare."

nicoleseitler
12-15-2011, 07:49 PM
I think the girls that want to do more digi and less paper should really consider at least an album and the inserts/page protectors...all of the pockets are either 3x4 0r 4x6 so you can easily print at home.

And yes--totally! Just look at the beauty of Liz's work! OMGsh. :heart: Digi it all up for some yummy hybrid! :good:

ccouch
12-16-2011, 01:16 AM
Mari, remind us what paper goodies you ordered??
Did you get the PL kit w/ all the stickers and whatnot? I'm not seeing a place to order the stickers outside of a package.

I am really excited thinking about this next year!! :D

judet
12-16-2011, 04:47 AM
I won't be converted - it's digi or nothing for me! Wouldn't even have somewhere to put a 12 x 12 album, and if it goes well I'd want to carry on. Imagine how big ten years of the things would be - and a lot of people are using 2 binders per year!

{I am thinking that the whole divided page protector thing would be really, really cute for a December Daily next year though. I can give cards to the kids to write or draw on :) and it would be ok to use 8 x 8}

sjdahlblom
12-18-2011, 07:09 AM
I've been following Ali Edwards' blog for some time, and have been thinking "Wow, how much fun it would be to have, for the future! But what an enormous project"
I would however really like to try...
I really want to do it digitally...
Those of you going digi - are you buying templates or are you making your own? Do you think I would be really out of line, adapting to my own needs and style, without the templates?

ShabbyShaz
12-18-2011, 07:56 AM
I ordered all the Project Life stuff and it arrived a couple of weeks ago. It is sitting there waiting for Christmas and December journaling (JYC&DD) to be over.

I did not get the album though but ordered two different ones. AMerican Crafts and WeR Memory Keepers I think - so I could decided which one to go with.

I also changed my smash december journal into a project life type 8.5 x 11 album as the smash book was cramping my style..lol

judet
12-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Sara, I'm using templates that I already have - with minor adjustments like rounding corners and shrinking away from the edge of the page. Mine are by Biograffiti but there are plenty of grid templates out there. Personally I think the official PL stuff is way too expensive, the templates particularly so.

I don't think that would be out of line in any way. It's quite interesting that not all of Becky Higgins' CT are even using her products!

ShabbyShaz
12-18-2011, 02:14 PM
You could so do this digitally making your own stuff. Make up little templates for the journaling cards and photo's to fit into the protectors.

For me with the coming year I needed something quick and easy, that did not take my time creating and printing. SO for now it works. If I take to the whole process then I may do it all digi next year.

My December daily, while in PL style is with some templates as well. Like a 9 up photo montage on a single sheet for a 8.5 x 11 instead of adding into a 9 pocket with individual prints. Clear as mud? KWIM?

sjdahlblom
12-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks guys! I have been thinking more about it during the day, and have made up my mind that I will try, but will make it into some sort of mix between PL and P52/365 but try to make an effort to encorporate every aspect of daily life.
I've decided I'll make my own templates and do them 100% digital, then print into albums/books later... :)
My December Daily effort has had an effect I didn't suspect... I've been bitten by the "document-everything"-bug... so now the camera is always out and turned on, for those litte unexpected moments... :)

anrobe
12-18-2011, 10:28 PM
I"ve been doing a form of Project Life since the summer, using the Turquoise kit. I'm setting my sights on Clementine for 2012. I am not a strict user ... I do a spread when I have enough in a week to do it. Or sometimes I'll do an event as a spread. Some weeks I have a ton and others I don't. I'm just filling it up as I feel inspired to do it & how i feel inspired to do it! I love that I can do it however I want!

ShabbyShaz
12-19-2011, 12:03 AM
I"ve been doing a form of Project Life since the summer, using the Turquoise kit. I'm setting my sights on Clementine for 2012. I am not a strict user ... I do a spread when I have enough in a week to do it. Or sometimes I'll do an event as a spread. Some weeks I have a ton and others I don't. I'm just filling it up as I feel inspired to do it & how i feel inspired to do it! I love that I can do it however I want!

Thats what I like about it - you can do it as you please. It just gives the basis to build on.

ccouch
12-19-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm thinking that I'll do the (pretty much) every day version.

For those of you doing weekly spreads, will you have your weeks run Sun-Sat or Mon-Sun? I was just curious. Jan 1st is on a Sunday, so a Sun-Sat would work just fine, but.....I tend to think of my weeks in a Mon-Sun way. I like the weekend days to stay together. So, I think that I'm going to have Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat/Sun, for the first week and then Mon-Sun for the rest of the weeks.

p.s. I have spent way too much time recently thinking about Project Life.

nicoleseitler
12-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Christine, I think I will do Mon - Sun, only because that's how I think of the week in my head. Sunday is the end of my week, not the start. :giggle:

I'm going now to start working on making some PL notecards... :whistle:

ccouch
12-19-2011, 08:58 PM
I did it!!!! I placed my order! Clementine papers & cards and A insert pages. I have gone back & forth, thought about just going the digi route, was a bit hesitant cause I felt guilty about spending the $, but kinda wanting to try this out. My DH encouraged me to go for it! :heart: Love that man! He's happy to see me get some mojo back since I've been yearbook-weary. He said give it a shot. If it's not for me I can try to sell any unused supplies online. Can't wait to get started!

ccouch
12-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Nicole, I'm going to make some of my own notecards, too :) I just want to wait until my stuff arrives so that I'm sure that I've got the size down right. I saw some precious ATCs today and I thought of you. There were canvas, watercolor paper, bristol paper, SO many great textures and beautiful weights. They were in a pack of 20 or 25 for a couple dollars. It would be cool to make some mini art journaling cards to slide in those smaller slots.

I just finished making a number of 4x6 templates for myself in Photoshop. I'm planning on printing my photos at 4x6, but I know that some days I'm going to have extra photos that I'll want to incorporate. For events, I might create a separate spread of some sort, but if it's just a few extra that I want for that day, I'm going to use a single 4x6 that will accommodate a 2-5 photos!

If anyone's interested, I'll share :D

judet
12-20-2011, 04:03 AM
I always think of the week as starting on Monday too and that's how I'm plotting PL. I'm not limiting myself to one spread though, a week could be one page or eight! Depends on how interesting the week is :)

And I've spent FAR too much time thinking about this recently too, in between running around like a headless chicken panicking about christmas!

sjdahlblom
12-20-2011, 05:37 PM
And I've spent FAR too much time thinking about this recently too, in between running around like a headless chicken panicking about christmas!
I'm having very confusing dreams about this, when I'm sleeping. That's how much I'm thinking of it... :)

inkspots
12-21-2011, 01:52 AM
How exciting for all of you! What kind of notecards are doing? I'm curious about that. I really want to do the photo-a-day thing/my life type of project next year so I'm looking for helps to keep me going.

nicoleseitler
12-21-2011, 10:21 AM
How exciting for all of you! What kind of notecards are doing? I'm curious about that. I really want to do the photo-a-day thing/my life type of project next year so I'm looking for helps to keep me going.

I made some 3 x 4 notecards that I'm going to be releasing this week. They coordinate with my Christmas kit. New week I have a pack that goes with my Every Day of the Year collection. I figure for each kit I made this year, I'll make cards to go with it. :smile:

ccouch
12-21-2011, 12:44 PM
I think the slots are just slightly smaller than 3x4. Maybe? I think I read somewhere that 2.88x3.88 fit perfectly. It would be easy to slightly resize if needed.

MariKoegelenberg
12-21-2011, 01:48 PM
I printd mine at 3x4 and they fit perfectly. I actually finished my first week last Sunday and I need to share with you how it came out. Lol....so much to do so little time! Ha ha

ShabbyShaz
12-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Nicole, I'm going to make some of my own notecards, too :) I just want to wait until my stuff arrives so that I'm sure that I've got the size down right. I saw some precious ATCs today and I thought of you. There were canvas, watercolor paper, bristol paper, SO many great textures and beautiful weights. They were in a pack of 20 or 25 for a couple dollars. It would be cool to make some mini art journaling cards to slide in those smaller slots.

I just finished making a number of 4x6 templates for myself in Photoshop. I'm planning on printing my photos at 4x6, but I know that some days I'm going to have extra photos that I'll want to incorporate. For events, I might create a separate spread of some sort, but if it's just a few extra that I want for that day, I'm going to use a single 4x6 that will accommodate a 2-5 photos!

If anyone's interested, I'll share :D

Oooh those ATC's sound great. You are making me drool! :)

ccouch
12-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Lemme know Sharyn & I'll shop for you if you want.

Mari, that is great to know. :-). I think some weeks, my journaling will be totally hybrid! I'm so excited!

dailydwelling
12-21-2011, 03:13 PM
I did Project Life for the first time this year. I did it digitally with templates and different kits. I cannot believe I've almost completed the entire year...only two more weeks to go! I logged my pictures every Tuesday and did a digital layout for each week. I just ordered the Project Life binder from Amazon and 12 x 12 in. page protectors. I'm printing all of my layouts at the beginning of the year and cannot wait to fill those protectors with my printed layouts!!!

For next year I am going to get the Becky Higgins digital supplies from Jessica Sprague. I'm looking for new templates to use and debating on possibly using the Project Life templates also available on Jessica Sprague. I'll do it all digitally and put them in the page protectors again. I'm not brave enough to do it completely hybrid yet.

This was such a challenging project and I cannot express how much I cannot wait to look through the entire album when it's all printed out and in my binder. It's going to be a treasure for my whole family.

And I'm way excited about doing it again next year, especially since all of you will be doing it, too!

MariKoegelenberg
12-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Monica! That is amazing!!!! I am in total awe and I think you can pat yourself on the back for an amazing job well done!

ccouch
12-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Good for you!! I know your family will be to excited to see the year all printed up!

sjdahlblom
12-21-2011, 04:27 PM
I made some 3 x 4 notecards that I'm going to be releasing this week. They coordinate with my Christmas kit. New week I have a pack that goes with my Every Day of the Year collection. I figure for each kit I made this year, I'll make cards to go with it. :smile:
YAY!!! I love this. The notecards have been one of the things I've been thinking a lot about. Wondering how to make it work.
And I love your kits... This is perfect! :D

dailydwelling
12-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Did anyone see the DailyDigi post for today?

http://thedailydigi.com/does-project-life-fit-in-with-my-life/

There's a great video and explanation of what Project Life is/is not. And WendyZine has created an action that will create Project Life layouts. I'm so excited about this!!! Project Life is supposed to make scrapping quick and easy. I think I'm going to use her action instead of templates for 2012. They're available as a free download to The Digi Game subscribers.

dawnfarias
12-22-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't have any experience yet with printing layouts or photos. For something as regular as PL, do you print your photos, etc, onto photo paper with your home printer or are you constantly making trips to the photo lab to pick up your prints?

MariKoegelenberg
12-22-2011, 12:09 PM
I am so excited about the PL Download!!! OMW I have to try it out...Thank you for the heads up!

juliesouthern
12-22-2011, 12:25 PM
What a great article, I kind of "get" it now.

dailydwelling
12-22-2011, 12:41 PM
I don't have any experience yet with printing layouts or photos. For something as regular as PL, do you print your photos, etc, onto photo paper with your home printer or are you constantly making trips to the photo lab to pick up your prints?

I use ScrapbookPictures.com (http://www.scrapbookpictures.com/SBPView.jsp) to print my layouts. Normally I print at 8 x 8 to put into albums (it's a nice coffee table size), but for Project Life, I'm going all out and printing them at 12 x 12. Their normal price is $1.99 for this size, so it will be quite an investment, but worth it, I think. I've had great success with Scrapbook Pictures and they shipping is always nice.

nicoleseitler
12-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Monica! That is amazing!!!! I am in total awe and I think you can pat yourself on the back for an amazing job well done!

Yes-huh! :good:

dawnfarias
12-22-2011, 01:30 PM
I use ScrapbookPictures.com (http://www.scrapbookpictures.com/SBPView.jsp) to print my layouts. Normally I print at 8 x 8 to put into albums (it's a nice coffee table size), but for Project Life, I'm going all out and printing them at 12 x 12. Their normal price is $1.99 for this size, so it will be quite an investment, but worth it, I think. I've had great success with Scrapbook Pictures and they shipping is always nice.

Thank you, Monica!

ccouch
12-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Dawn, I'm still working out how this is going to look for me, but here are some of my rambling thoughts:
- going to the photo lab each week for me would be a hassle.
- I'm afraid that making a special trip to an in-store photo lab would be bad news for me. I like photo prints at Target, but I don't make regular (weekly) trips to Target. My only weekly shopping trip is to the grocery store, and even then....sometimes not weekly. An additional weekly trip to a big-box store (Target, Walmart, etc.) would likely mean spending more time & money than I need to do. I know myself. I would browse, find things that I "needed," and before I knew it, I would've spent $20 or more and an hour that I should've spent at the gym.
- I would print at Walgreens (quick in & out), but they only do glossy at the in-store lab. I like matte.
- I will likely print through Winkflash. Prints are 6-8 cents, depending on sale/promotion. With shipping (and no sales tax), it amounts to roughly 15 cents a print for an average sized order. It won't be as quick, but I think I'm okay with that. At Winkflash, you can add a custom back-print to your photos, and I like that for a POD approach.

Anyway, that's sort of what I'm thinking. Hope that helps :)

MariKoegelenberg
12-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Here is my first week...
http://mydigitalartstudio.com/2011/12/project-life-and-my-take-on-it/

dawnfarias
12-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Dawn, I'm still working out how this is going to look for me, but here are some of my rambling thoughts:
- going to the photo lab each week for me would be a hassle.
- I'm afraid that making a special trip to an in-store photo lab would be bad news for me. I like photo prints at Target, but I don't make regular (weekly) trips to Target. My only weekly shopping trip is to the grocery store, and even then....sometimes not weekly. An additional weekly trip to a big-box store (Target, Walmart, etc.) would likely mean spending more time & money than I need to do. I know myself. I would browse, find things that I "needed," and before I knew it, I would've spent $20 or more and an hour that I should've spent at the gym.
- I would print at Walgreens (quick in & out), but they only do glossy at the in-store lab. I like matte.
- I will likely print through Winkflash. Prints are 6-8 cents, depending on sale/promotion. With shipping (and no sales tax), it amounts to roughly 15 cents a print for an average sized order. It won't be as quick, but I think I'm okay with that. At Winkflash, you can add a custom back-print to your photos, and I like that for a POD approach.

Anyway, that's sort of what I'm thinking. Hope that helps :)

Thank you for such fabulous feedback!

dawnfarias
12-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Here is my first week...
http://mydigitalartstudio.com/2011/12/project-life-and-my-take-on-it/

Beautiful - thank you for sharing!

But now I feel overwhelmed, LOL. I need to do like that Daily Digi post recommends and figure out what PL, if I decide to pursue it, would look like for ME. It may end up looking like something that's completely digital.

ShabbyShaz
12-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Wow, I am in awe too!

Checking all this stuff out is certainly motivating and helpful for getting this going.

inkspots
12-23-2011, 12:32 AM
OK, I think I'm officially excited. As a long time paper scrapper, the one thing I really miss about having gone digital is not being able to put my "stuff" into my books. I think this would totally take care of that! I happen to have some Amazon gift cards coming my way too so it's great to see Becky's page protectors there.

Question, with the actions, do I need to use the project life digital kits or can I use any papers/elements I have? Does it automatically resize for you? (I haven't really read the article that closes, so hope I'm not missing something obvious.)\

ETA: I wonder how my lack of photo processing options will hinder this? I don't care for the way the local prints come out. Maybe I need to venture to my local Costco and see about getting prints there. Oh, I can't let this hold me back!

judet
12-23-2011, 03:52 AM
I've been working on my digi PL, done July and some of August (I've been recording journalling daily-ish since then). I'm doing it in a sort of power scrapping way so I've got pages in lots of stages of completion. Will try to get some ready for uploading.

dailydwelling
12-23-2011, 05:50 AM
Question, with the actions, do I need to use the project life digital kits or can I use any papers/elements I have? Does it automatically resize for you? (I haven't really read the article that closes, so hope I'm not missing something obvious.)

With the action, you can use any papers/elements that you have in your stash. I've used some of her other actions before for event pages with lots of photos and you basically select which papers and photos you want to scrap with and it places them on the layout. You also have the option to resize and adjust things.

inkspots
12-23-2011, 06:37 AM
Cool, so it automatically "cuts" any paper to the right size and shape for the space they need to go?

ccouch
12-26-2011, 05:52 PM
I honestly had some buyers remorse over the last week. I LOVE the Clementine stuff that I got from Amazon. Love, love, love, but.....I was stressing over the fact that I really didn't want a 12x12 album so much and I wondered where I'd put it (my bookshelves aren't deep). But, I loved the pocket pages and I love the whole idea, and I have thought & thought & bugged my husband (poor guy) about going this route for 2012. I know it shouldn't be a big deal, right? Trying something new and switching it up for a year shouldn't vex a girl so!! Ay-yi-yi!!

Sometime in the last couple days those worries faded and I'm really excited about doing Project Life next year. :D

Just picked up my album & some extra assorted inserts at Wolf Camera & Video. Their scrapbooking site is http://www.scrapbookingalley.com (http://www.scrapbookingalley.com/). All scrapbook stuff is 20% of :)

ccouch
12-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Mari, I love your blog post & your spread for this past week! Gorgeous, lady!!

I'm curious how you'll use Wendy's actions. Will you create a total digi page and cut apart to put in the divided plastics? Whatcha gonna do?!?!

I'm happy to be doing this with you gals in 2012!! It's going to be so much fun going through and seeing how everyone's album comes along. Let's do a weekly thread to share with each other, huh?

MariKoegelenberg
12-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Mari, I love your blog post & your spread for this past week! Gorgeous, lady!!

I'm curious how you'll use Wendy's actions. Will you create a total digi page and cut apart to put in the divided plastics? Whatcha gonna do?!?!

I'm happy to be doing this with you gals in 2012!! It's going to be so much fun going through and seeing how everyone's album comes along. Let's do a weekly thread to share with each other, huh?

Christine I used it just as is...saved my page and dragged al the pockets onto page to print. As soon as I get a minute I will do a blog post with details.

ccouch
12-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Sounds great :D

inkspots
12-26-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm so excited too and so motivated! I bought my kit, just need to wait for it to get here. I'm so excited, in fact, that I've even done some 2011 pages. I think I'm going to try and do both years at once. Crazy, I know.

ShabbyShaz
12-27-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm so excited too and so motivated! I bought my kit, just need to wait for it to get here. I'm so excited, in fact, that I've even done some 2011 pages. I think I'm going to try and do both years at once. Crazy, I know.

Not a bad idea. I am trying to work backwards and forwards for the next year. :teehee:

Got to get all those IRL pics in somewhere so am trying to tackle it both way at once. Going to be interesting.

nicoleseitler
12-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Let's do a weekly thread to share with each other, huh?

Okay! :clap: I will be blogging, so I will be sure to get that up and share a post when I can! :good:

platinum butterfly
12-31-2011, 02:27 PM
I have went through this thread, along with hitting each link provided to get more acquainted with what Project Life was all about. I was set on doing project 365 or 52, but now that I have seen all of this, I WANT to do Project life. When it comes to my kids, I always seem to keep things that they do, whether it's at school, church or where ever. Well with this I can document and store it, and it will make me do it. Verses me placing their things in a box and that's it. This is also a great idea to document (and keep if available) items that were really special through out the year. IE: A special baking experience (which I could have just did this with my daughter baking with her Easy Bake Oven and making itty bitty cookies for the first time), the first book my son read to me all by himself, with a picture to add to it, or the name of the book...etc.

I am so excited about this.
I plan on blogging this as well.
Mari - girl, that week was awesome.

I was set on doing something digitally too, but this is awesome!
I can't wait to pick out what kit I want, my album, protectors....oh crap! I am excited!!!

wishingwellcreations
12-31-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm in the same boat as Katherine, in that I did P365 this past year (2011) and wanted something "new" and fresh for 2012, but when this thread first began I honestly wasn't really sold on the design/feel of it... and/or the fact that it was so paper-scrapping-based. I was originally a paper scrapper, and love/miss it... but with 2 kids age 3 and under in the house, I just haven't been able to realistically and consistently paper scrap ANYTHING for a few years now. And it will be a few more, I think! :lol:

The good news: I decided a couple of weeks ago, however, to do my general layouts in a digital format... and put them into regular 12x12 page protectors, alongside some of the pocket protector pages for the "stuff" that accumulates throughout the year. That way, my version will be a hybrid of both -- paper and digital -- and for me, the "best of both worlds."

When I made this decision right before Christmas, I got inspired and started creating my own papers/journal cards/templates/etc. (because in truth, none of the "official" Project Life" products moved me... I just don't LOVE any of the kits/colors/etc.). I finished the first bundle this weekend... and am almost finished w/ the second... and I LOVE what I've come up with. I think I will easily be able to use it throughout the entire year to create a coordinated book, simply and quickly and easily, and also add new bits/pieces throughout the year if I find new things that I "need".

So yes, I am excited and I will release this new stuff next week (1/5/12)! Fun! Nicole, am I allowed to give everyone a sneak peek here? I'm just so psyched to have come up with a good "hybrid" alternative that will work for me, and maybe others who were on the fence about this project! :grin: Yay.

platinum butterfly
12-31-2011, 10:05 PM
The good news: to do my general layouts in a digital format... and put them into regular 12x12 page protectors, alongside some of the pocket protector pages for the "stuff" that accumulates throughout the year.

This right there is exactly how I feel Laura and what I decided on and I was sold! :)

Trista
12-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Oh I cannot wait to see it Laura. This sounds like something that I would like to do, more so than completely using the PL system. I even had some Max Perks (at Office Max) that were about to expire and picked up a couple of different sized pocket protectors. I also have a ton of the baseball card sized pockets from couponing so that will help me keep things fresh.

I'm in the same boat as Katherine, in that I did P365 this past year (2011) and wanted something "new" and fresh for 2012, but when this thread first began I honestly wasn't really sold on the design/feel of it... and/or the fact that it was so paper-scrapping-based. I was originally a paper scrapper, and love/miss it... but with 2 kids age 3 and under in the house, I just haven't been able to realistically and consistently paper scrap ANYTHING for a few years now. And it will be a few more, I think! :lol:

The good news: I decided a couple of weeks ago, however, to do my general layouts in a digital format... and put them into regular 12x12 page protectors, alongside some of the pocket protector pages for the "stuff" that accumulates throughout the year. That way, my version will be a hybrid of both -- paper and digital -- and for me, the "best of both worlds."

When I made this decision right before Christmas, I got inspired and started creating my own papers/journal cards/templates/etc. (because in truth, none of the "official" Project Life" products moved me... I just don't LOVE any of the kits/colors/etc.). I finished the first bundle this weekend... and am almost finished w/ the second... and I LOVE what I've come up with. I think I will easily be able to use it throughout the entire year to create a coordinated book, simply and quickly and easily, and also add new bits/pieces throughout the year if I find new things that I "need".

So yes, I am excited and I will release this new stuff next week (1/5/12)! Fun! Nicole, am I allowed to give everyone a sneak peek here? I'm just so psyched to have come up with a good "hybrid" alternative that will work for me, and maybe others who were on the fence about this project! :grin: Yay.

LeeAndra
12-31-2011, 11:55 PM
Pssst... Katie Pertiet has some 'pocket page' templates (2 sets so far, it looks like) that bear a striking resemblance to Project Life pages. If you take those + the cards Nicole's going to make, I think you'd be in (digi) business. :)

I won't be doing PL/P365/P52 this coming year, but I think I might do my AWITL 2012 in a very PL-esque way. :)

nicoleseitler
01-01-2012, 03:19 AM
Sure, Laura. :smile:

LA, they are in the store now! :giggle:

And yeah--I am not in love with the official PL stuff. I only bought the official page protectors. :thumbsup: I'm doing my own thing!

LA, I think I might take AWITL and cram it into PL... kind of expand one week and detail things with one sheet or spread representing one day. Other wise, I'm thinking I'll do good to put my favorite photos into one side of a sheet a week. :wink: I'm trying not to go overboard here. I want to actually... realistically... get this done. LOL!

wishingwellcreations
01-01-2012, 07:07 AM
I'm trying not to go overboard here. I want to actually... realistically... get this done. LOL!

Ditto this! :) My thoughts exactly.

OK Trista, here's a look at the first bundle's worth of goods, which will release here at TDC this coming Thursday 1/5/12)... and there's also a 2nd bundle, too, which is basically completed but I haven't previewed it yet, so you'll just have to use your imagination :lol: (but it's full of more templates, some multi-colored patterned papers, some solid papers, some journal cards, etc.). Between the 2 sets, I figure it will have me pretty well covered for most of the year!...

http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/images/D/WWC__EverydayLifeVol1-Bundle_LRG.jpg
http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/images/D/WWC__BradysEverydayLife-JournalCardsVol1_LRG.jpg
http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/images/D/WWC__BradysEverydayLife-PatternedTonals_LRG.jpg
http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/images/D/WWC__EverydayLifeVol1-Templates_LRG.jpg
http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/images/D/WWC__EverydayLife-DateBits_LRG.jpg

alamama
01-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Did anyone see the DailyDigi post for today?

http://thedailydigi.com/does-project-life-fit-in-with-my-life/

There's a great video and explanation of what Project Life is/is not. And WendyZine has created an action that will create Project Life layouts. I'm so excited about this!!! Project Life is supposed to make scrapping quick and easy. I think I'm going to use her action instead of templates for 2012. They're available as a free download to The Digi Game subscribers.

How do I become a digi game subscriber?

wishingwellcreations
01-01-2012, 12:51 PM
How do I become a digi game subscriber?

I think this is the link?... :) http://thedailydigi.com/sign-up/

wishingwellcreations
01-01-2012, 12:56 PM
p.s. for anyone who's going to be printing their own supplies this year, and/or doing a digital or hybrid version... I have a couple of freebies available during January 2012 that might be right up your alley (images linked)...

http://digiscrapwishingwell.com/wishingwellcreations/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/WWC__EverydayLifeTemplates-AlbumCovers_LRG.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/wishingwellcreations)
(if you're not on FB, you can also access this freebie through my newsletter welcome e-mail (http://wishingwellcreations.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=54058503742cfed305cb35d05&id=cff5416011))

http://digiscrapwishingwell.com/wishingwellcreations/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/WWC__Refresh-MiniKit_LRG.jpg (http://www.wishingwellcreations.com)

sjdahlblom
01-01-2012, 03:15 PM
I really love your stuff, Laura. I think they might have to move in to my HD... (I know the freebie-stuff already has :D )

I'm also going for something like that. Full digi layout printed and put in 12x12 protectors, and the possibility to add stuff in other protectors, kid's drawings etc.
I didn't have a name for it, didn't want to call it PL b/c it not being the real deal, but AWITL is a very good idea.

nicoleseitler
01-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Laura, this is amazing. And your all grey idea was just fantastic to go with your wonderful collection! Wow.

wishingwellcreations
01-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Laura, this is amazing. And your all grey idea was just fantastic to go with your wonderful collection! Wow.

Thank you so much! I am super excited to start using all of it. :grin: So glad it's already January 1!

As for the grey... it was quite honestly the only way I could bring myself to make something I'd actually use, using the palette for this month's Blog Train... not my colors, I guess! So I got creative, by being very UNcreative. :lol: Ah well!

Trista
01-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Oh Laura... LOVE IT! The colors are so great... will you be adding to it (I saw Volume 1)?

:D

alamama
01-02-2012, 09:38 AM
I think this is the link?... :) http://thedailydigi.com/sign-up/

thanks laura.

alamama
01-02-2012, 09:45 AM
I am in. I have ordered my goodies, none from Becky Higgins though. The journaling cards are all from digi designers, albums from Joann's and the photo protectors from Scrapbook.com.

I am actually reorganizing old photos. The new ones will have to wait or get scrapped. I seriously need to spend a bunch of $$ getting our photos in order.

While I am waiting for my goodies to come I think I will start going through our pics and setting them up in pretend pages. That way, I will just slip everything in.

Dielle
01-02-2012, 02:16 PM
I love the idea of doing something kind of like this (digi version) for at least some of the pages I do... the ones I'm not inspired by, but want to get the stories in my kids' books. And I love the pockets for adding in the extras. But there's no way I'm doing 12"x12". I've been scrapping 8x8 for too long. And I don't want to do an entire PL book, just add in to my regular albums. Anyone know if there are pocket pages like this for 8x8 albums?

sinead
01-04-2012, 01:52 AM
I want to order something, but I'm not exactly sure what yet. I tried to freehand it last night and just wasn't happy with what I came up with, so I think I need to use templates or something. I think I need to do more reading. Tomorrow. When the sun is up and I'm not tired. ;)

But Christine, yes please, I'd love to have your templates. ;)
And Laura, thank you! I just downloaded the gray and the cover templates. Awesome!!

nicoleseitler
01-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Did anyone see all the blogs Becky linked to here: http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2012/01/project-life-getting-started-in-2012/

Lots of inspiration! :D

dawnfarias
01-04-2012, 11:53 PM
I love love love Laura's collection!

I really am thinking about doing something like this. It will definitely be all digital, though. How do you think these kinds of pages would look printed out at 8x8?

juliesouthern
01-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Dawn, it would be easy to make a few templates at 8x8 and use them... I think the real plus here is consistency, y'know?

wishingwellcreations
01-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Whoops, just now seeing this. I think 8x8 would be fine! You could always scrap everything in 12x12 and save the layered files that way (in case you ever want to "upgrade" in size someday, when printing... then you have both options). Then, if you decide to print in 8x8, you just save the print-ready .JPG at that size and you're good to go! The only thing I always try to keep in mind when I am scrapping an 8x8 layout as opposed to a 12x12... I might change the size of the text/journaling slightly on an 8x8 (i.e. when I print, I want the text to be the same size, physically, on both pages... so I do it with a lot smaller point size on a 12x12, and a larger one on an 8x8... so it ends up looking the same when viewed by the eye after printing.

ETA: you could also use 12x12 templates that way... and not have to create anything new. Grab mine if you want to test it out. :)

sinead
01-07-2012, 02:14 AM
I did it! I did my first PL layout! It's for Jan 2011 because I want to try to get those pics scrapped and in a book first. Since I'm really just doing highlights, I think that it'll go fairly quickly. LOVE how this turned out (plus it's probably the first layout I've done in 2+ years!!).

http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/data/1725/medium/PL2011-Jan.jpg (http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=144629&title=pl2011-jan&cat=1725)

chloe
01-07-2012, 02:54 AM
Yay Sinead!!!

wishingwellcreations
01-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Sinead, it looks awesome! I just started my first week's worth of PL last night, too, and I'm also using Dawn's Potential Kit (http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/Potential-Designer-Kit.html)! LOL ...oh, and I recognize your template, too... ;) hahaha (glad you were able to find those! don't they rock for this purpose?!)

inkspots
01-07-2012, 08:34 AM
OK, I've got my space all ready now. That was a bit of a chore. I also have some photos uploaded to Coscto and will be getting them printed in the near future. I think I'm going to start this book from September, when my huband left. Or maybe work on two at the same time. Maybe that would be easier so I'm not always playing catch-up. I think the complications come in figuring out how much will be digital and how much traditional or hybrid. I already have some postcards the hubby sent in page protectors though! (Now I have to find all the other stuff he's been sending.:blink:)

dailydwelling
01-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Ack! So now I'm regretting buying the PL Clementine kit from Becky Higgins, because I love all of this stuff!!! I'm going to find a way to mix it in.

In other news, I just completed my cover page using the Studio Wendy actions...so easy!

ccouch
01-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Love your page, Sinead! I also totally love that everyone's getting excited about doing something with our photos & getting them in the hands of our families!

nicoleseitler
01-07-2012, 05:05 PM
OH, SINEAD! It is so good to see you scrapping again. :D It makes me so happy! :jump:

Now--for LuAnn! :giggle: And Michelle! :hey:

Ack! So now I'm regretting buying the PL Clementine kit from Becky Higgins, because I love all of this stuff!!! I'm going to find a way to mix it in.

In other news, I just completed my cover page using the Studio Wendy actions...so easy!

Don't regret it! You can mix and match! :good:

wishingwellcreations
01-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Don't regret it! You can mix and match! :good:

Exactly! :)

MariKoegelenberg
01-07-2012, 08:02 PM

I also have the clementine kit (digital and paper) and I am going to have fun to mix and match! ;)

sinead
01-07-2012, 08:29 PM
I :heart: you guys!

Dani Alencar
01-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Nicole, please add me to the group, I really want to join PL however I never know what to scrapbook, I have trouble scrapping our daily life but I want to do it because I believe it'll help me not to feel guilty for not scrapping our live and memories and having our albuns done.

I'm not buying the PL goodies as I wish because I'm in Brazil and it would be really expensive, but I'm thinking of using hybrid things and creating my own PL.

nicoleseitler
01-21-2012, 05:44 PM
We were not friends on FB! I sent you a request and I will add you to the group. :)

anrobe
01-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Nicole - is there any way that I can get into the FB group too?? :)

wishingwellcreations
01-21-2012, 11:30 PM
How did I miss that there's a FB group? Me, me, me! Please! :grin:

sinead
01-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Me too!

Siamese Studio
01-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Me, me too, pleaseeee.:jump:

inkspots
01-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Yeah, I had no idea! I'd like to join.

sjdahlblom
01-22-2012, 04:42 AM
Oh, that FB-group sounds great... I would like to join.

sjdahlblom
01-22-2012, 06:02 AM
Yesterday I finally ordered 12x12 and 6x12 pageprotectors. I have found an unused binder that I'm gonna use, American Crafts Modern Album. I have decided I'm definitely making them all digi, and have found that my favourite place for prints does larger sizes, though not 12x12, so I'm going to have to cut some... but that's OK by me... :)

Well... I checked again...and the DO do prints in 12x12. YAY!

nicoleseitler
01-23-2012, 04:12 PM
I can't add you, unless you are friends with me on FB. Here: http://www.facebook.com/webseitler

I'll add everyone that I am friends with. :smile:

Pamie
01-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Throw me on the pile, please :) :giggle:

sjdahlblom
01-23-2012, 06:08 PM
I can't add you, unless you are friends with me on FB. Here: http://www.facebook.com/webseitler

I'll add everyone that I am friends with. :smile:
I've just requested friendship. Sara Dahlblom

Dani Alencar
01-23-2012, 10:22 PM
We were not friends on FB! I sent you a request and I will add you to the group. :)

how come we were NOT friends?! Don't you think you can get free from me... NO WAY!
:shock::evil::bam::hey:

LOL We're friends now.

wishingwellcreations
01-23-2012, 11:25 PM
LOL, yes, the first step to any good friendship is beating them over the head w/ a chair! bahahahahaha :grin:

anrobe
01-25-2012, 09:18 PM
I just checked and we're friends so can't wait to hear from you! (I'm Amy Melniczenko in case you weren't sure of the last name!!)

Trista
01-25-2012, 09:21 PM
I sent in a friend request Nicole. ;) How did I miss that there is a FB group for PL? :D

Dani Alencar
01-29-2012, 08:43 AM
LOL, yes, the first step to any good friendship is beating them over the head w/ a chair! bahahahahaha :grin:

LOL

happygirl
01-30-2012, 06:57 AM
I will also join the FB group, if I can :)

I have planned to do hybrid. Just sent in most of my photos for january now, so will wait for the photosleeves coming in the end of february(hopefully) :)

judet
01-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Stick me on the fb group list, please, Nicole :)

mrsaboyer
01-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Ummm, FB group, pretty pretty please?

ccouch
01-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Jude, Andrea...add me as a friend on FB and I'll add you :D

jomi
01-30-2012, 02:57 PM
I would love to join as well :)

mrsaboyer
01-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Okay so what I"m doing is, I have some American Crafts 8 1/2 x 11 binders, and some We R Memory Keepers baseball card sized dividers. Got them for OLW, but I bought a bunch. I modified one of THESE (http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/Everyday-Life-Templates-Volume-1.html) templates so that I can clip things to the right size, and I'm going to use lots of TDC products to make journal cards.

Do you think this is going to be too much for me? Should I just take some of my tax money and buy some darn PL binders? UGH. My OLW is "less," by the way. Hahahahaha.

wishingwellcreations
01-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Do you think this is going to be too much for me? Should I just take some of my tax money and buy some darn PL binders? UGH. My OLW is "less," by the way. Hahahahaha.

OK, I can't really answer your "is this going to be too much?" question... as I am not you... ;) BUT I did want to say that the last part about your OLW cracked. me. up. I :heart: you! Bahahaha.

p.s. if I had to wager, though, I'd say that if you will have fun printing stuff and sticking it into the pockets (i.e. it won't feel like a chore, but will instead be something you'll look forward to)... then no, it won't be too much, and you will be just fine!

Limequilla
02-07-2012, 04:58 AM
This thread is enormously long, and I'm going to read it, really, I am! (I'm on post 60 out of 129!) But I just bought the 4-part kit of Clementine and had it shipped to my daughter in Chicago, and I have some dire questions I need answered before she gets it. I will not see her book or the kit or anything with my own eyes for a month or two, and I want to know more about it before then!

I wondered if anybody could put together a color palette for me of Clementine. I know it's a lot to ask, but I don't think I should ask you for some of that striped paper to make my own palette - copyright issues? I realize I could wait until my daughter gets delivery, I suppose, and have her mail me one striped card, but I don't want to wait, but I could. LOL!

The second question is, I did buy the core cards, the binder and the cardstock, but I'd like my daughter to have more choices. I am especially good at making good WA, and I wondered if you think home printing some of those cards would work, and how I get the rounded corners...has anybody come up with a personal corner punch I could run to Michael's to buy that would match? I was going to print some of those blanks from the shop with my own WA on light cardstock, one side, and GASP! use scissors to cut them out. I wondered if that's what they are or if there is more to it?

The third is, what kind of pen should I suggest she buy? I know it's probably on Becky's blog, but my computer doesn't like her blog and it takes forever to load, change pages, and try to go back to old blog posts - I'm having trouble navigating it.

I bought these inserts: 7 packs of 10: "Ring Photo Sleeve Protectors 12-Inch-by-12-Inch, 10-Pack, Multi Pack". I was so excited because they were only about 20.00, but then it was nearly 40.00 to get them delivered LOL! ooops!
But the sizes don't look like they match up - did I mess up?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002V38IBW
Does anybody have these exact inserts who could tell me the exact sizes of cards to make?

I bought the cardstock - what is she supposed to do with it? It looks like it's big sheets, but I don't get it.

The final question is lame, but what size photos do you get from an iPhone? Can anybody describe if they are square or rectangular or vertical or horizontal? She only has pics taken by other people's digital cameras or her iPhone. I thought maybe those squares on the plastic insets I bought might be iPhone sized? How does she print those at Walgreens (or CVS)? I've never seen "square" as a choice.

Okay, as you can see I'm very excited, but totally uneducated. She doesn't have the money or space or time to scrapbook to get a decent final product, and she has no idea how to use any photo software (that I know of), so I thought this would be a great way to get her going.

Thanks for any help on this - even if you can only answer one question it will help me a great deal! If shipping weren't so expensive for something like this, I'd have had it shipped here, just so I could see it first LOL!

Limequilla
02-07-2012, 01:18 PM
And I just had a horrible thought - will I run into TOU troubles if I print cards I bought from Wishing Well Creations, Sugarplum Paperie, and Sherwood Studios? This is sort of like Scrap for Hire, right?

Suzy

P.S. Actually Julie at Sherwood Studios comes out and says I can print them for my friends, so I'm sure it's ok if I print and send some to my daughter, but I wanted to mention her -- kind of give her a plug - since I asked her to make more. LOL!

nicoleseitler
02-07-2012, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't call things that you make for your daughter "S4H." Is she hiring you?! :lol:

As for your Clementine questions, I'm sorry! I can't help! I am doing my own thing with nothing but the page protectors from Becky Higgins. I don't know anything about the WRMK protectors, but I have seen pages made with them and they are great sizes! I use a ball point pen when I need one. Nothing fancy. :wink:

I believe the resolution is higher on an iPhone and you can get 4 x 4 pics? I use the Instagram app, send my pics to FB and then grab them from my own wall. :smile: Works for me!

I hope that's helpful...

juliesouthern
02-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Real iPhone pictures are rectangular. If you download directly from the phone they are nice resolution and size and could be printed at Target or Walgreens, I think. Instagram, 6x6, Hipstamatic and other "square" photos are a little harder. THere are various places you can order them online. I've been making a bunch of element packs of frames for my Project 365 using my instagram photos taken directly from the web, and they are 612 pixels square which is pretty small but I like it because a week will fit on a layout with plenty of room to write. Did I answer the question, LOL?

wishingwellcreations
02-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Not sure I will be super helpful in answering all of your questions, above, but I can answer one with certainty -- if you are making journaling cards/etc. (adding your own word art, printing, etc.) using my Everyday Life products, and then giving them to your daughter, I'm fine with it! :) I view that as: you're scrapping for someone else (your daughter) = S4O. My products are all PU/S4O/S4H friendly. The only thing I would have a problem with is if you directly shared the original files with her, rather than giving her printed or flattened copies. Other than that, well... have at it!

:grin:

As for the iPhone photos question... I just pulled some off my phone a day or two ago, and the originals (from the iPhone, with no filters/etc. applied) are an awesome (and giant, for a phone!) 2448 x 3264 px each. Around 2-3MB per photo. I have no idea if this is vastly different from iPhone to iPhone, but I have the 4S so mine might be bigger/better than previous versions. Tiny disclaimer there.

As for Instagram photos that come off my iPhone... once I've applied a filter to the photos I described above, they get altered to 1280 x 1280 px square. Not as big, at all... but still not bad for someone who's doing a Project Life-type scrap project -- because they can be printed at 4x4 or 5x5 without any real loss of quality. Perfect for the tiny pockets. :)

Hope that helps a little.

corrin
02-08-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm no help on the PL stuff, but we use photos from an iPhone ALL the time, and for a regular 5x7 print, they are fine and do a great job, but then I am all about the happy snappy photos (not so much fine art style around here!).

corrin
02-08-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm wondering if I can get on the FB group for PL too - pretty please!

wishingwellcreations
02-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Corrin ~ for one of us to add you to the group, you have to be FB friends w/ someone who's already in the group. I'll PM you so you can add me. :)

Limequilla
02-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Okay, thanks -- My head is spinning and she'll get her kit tomorrow! Yikes! I had no idea there were so many issues with iPhone pics - rect, filters, square, - it's not easy to plan around! I also didn't realize they could be printed and come out ok, so that's the good news!

I am terribly busy today, but tonight I shoudl have more time to re read and digest what you all have written.

Thanks,

Suzy

Dani Alencar
02-13-2012, 01:51 PM
I guess I have to get used to cell phone photos since my old and only camera is broken.

Can you please tell me how are you taking notes? Because I'm so behind on my pages and haven't been taking notes, I'll forget everything...

chloe
02-13-2012, 03:20 PM
I use a free-with-magazine little agenda. It has a little spot for everyday, just perfect to write what happened in the day. When I need more space I would usually write in my computer. There's also this e-mail thing. Basically, it sends you an e-mail everyday with a reminder to write your daily journaling, and you do so just by responding to the e-mail. Lemme find it for you...

Okay, I have it: http://ohlife.com/ it was hard to track back, but here it is! ;)

Limequilla
02-13-2012, 03:24 PM
There are iPhone apps for this, Dani. I JUST read it, and I don't know if I was on Becky Higgins's website, or a link I followed. The Apps are Evernote or SimpleNote. (And I'm sure there are many more!) Basically you make notes on your phone in your voice or by typing.

inkspots
02-13-2012, 07:22 PM
I've really liked momento for taking notes. It'll take Facebook, twitter and instagram feeds as well. Can't export, but it's a great little app.

iPhone photos have come a long way from typical cell phone photos. I scrap with them regularly as most are over 1mb. I even use iCloud now so the photos automatically stream to my laptop. So much easier than emailing them to myself or connecting the phone.

nicoleseitler
02-14-2012, 05:04 PM
I've been using a journal to jot down notes. :)

YvetteSanders
02-14-2012, 10:49 PM
This thread is enormously long, and I'm going to read it, really, I am! (I'm on post 60 out of 129!) But I just bought the 4-part kit of Clementine and had it shipped to my daughter in Chicago, and I have some dire questions I need answered before she gets it. I will not see her book or the kit or anything with my own eyes for a month or two, and I want to know more about it before then!

I wondered if anybody could put together a color palette for me of Clementine. I know it's a lot to ask, but I don't think I should ask you for some of that striped paper to make my own palette - copyright issues? I realize I could wait until my daughter gets delivery, I suppose, and have her mail me one striped card, but I don't want to wait, but I could. LOL!

The second question is, I did buy the core cards, the binder and the cardstock, but I'd like my daughter to have more choices. I am especially good at making good WA, and I wondered if you think home printing some of those cards would work, and how I get the rounded corners...has anybody come up with a personal corner punch I could run to Michael's to buy that would match? I was going to print some of those blanks from the shop with my own WA on light cardstock, one side, and GASP! use scissors to cut them out. I wondered if that's what they are or if there is more to it?

The third is, what kind of pen should I suggest she buy? I know it's probably on Becky's blog, but my computer doesn't like her blog and it takes forever to load, change pages, and try to go back to old blog posts - I'm having trouble navigating it.

I bought these inserts: 7 packs of 10: "Ring Photo Sleeve Protectors 12-Inch-by-12-Inch, 10-Pack, Multi Pack". I was so excited because they were only about 20.00, but then it was nearly 40.00 to get them delivered LOL! ooops!
But the sizes don't look like they match up - did I mess up?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002V38IBW
Does anybody have these exact inserts who could tell me the exact sizes of cards to make?

I bought the cardstock - what is she supposed to do with it? It looks like it's big sheets, but I don't get it.

The final question is lame, but what size photos do you get from an iPhone? Can anybody describe if they are square or rectangular or vertical or horizontal? She only has pics taken by other people's digital cameras or her iPhone. I thought maybe those squares on the plastic insets I bought might be iPhone sized? How does she print those at Walgreens (or CVS)? I've never seen "square" as a choice.

Okay, as you can see I'm very excited, but totally uneducated. She doesn't have the money or space or time to scrapbook to get a decent final product, and she has no idea how to use any photo software (that I know of), so I thought this would be a great way to get her going.

Thanks for any help on this - even if you can only answer one question it will help me a great deal! If shipping weren't so expensive for something like this, I'd have had it shipped here, just so I could see it first LOL!

Most of these inserts will be 4x6, there are a few larger spaces and one of the sheets is all 4x4 - these are the sheets I am using. I really like them as opposed the the PL ones (since I get bored easily lol), these give me a ton of different options. I also picked up some that have 4 - 6x6 spaces, those are fun too!

sjdahlblom
02-15-2012, 05:48 AM
To those of you who are doing the paper version...
How large _exactly_ are the pockets in the protector? I can't seem to get the proportions "right" (for me) on my digital pages...
Are the 6x4 pockets really too big for the cards? or are the 3x4s tight in their pockets? Or are the cards actually not that size?