PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen my MOJO?

AquaRuby
12-20-2011, 10:46 PM
I have been in a serious scrapbook funk, I can't seem to find the ability to work on a page. In the past, organizing helped me cause it forced me to go through my stash and inspiration would quickly take over. Sometimes I wonder if I should just force myself to make a page and get it over with. The nice thing about digiscrapping is the delete button. LOL!

Anyone else in a funk, what do you do to get out of it?

donnawells
12-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Music really helps me get creative. If I'm feeling a block, for some reason 50s music lets me escape. Maybe you could try listening to something that helps you escape.

AquaRuby
12-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Good idea, music usually helps me too.

jennyf92
12-21-2011, 12:10 AM
I surf galleries for inspiration. And like you said, I just suck it up and do it and before you know it, a page is made and I'm back!

Good luck!

juliesouthern
12-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Gosh I hate the Mojo gone feeling! It usually happens to me when I burn myself out, so the best fix is to get out of the house and do other stuff. Then it's just a matter of time. And candidly the first project after the break isn't always very successful. Funny thing, mojo.

cardinalskate
12-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Dang I hate it when I lose my mojo. It's only happened seriously once, but it was so frustrating! But yeah, I just kinda forced myself back in the game. The first couple LOs hit the trash, but then I started getting my stuff back. It's enough to drive you crazy, but it'll come creeping back eventually.

AquaRuby
12-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks girls, and Julie, I believe you are right - it's most likely a strong case of burnout. I've been scrapbooking both paper and digi for almost 14 years now. I hit this hobby hard and cranked out pages constantly. Other interests have creeped in over the years and pushed my creativity out.

I actually find a lot of inspiration from the newsletter and browsing through the gallery. One of the best forms of inspiration is looking through my own pages and seeing how much we've done - this sparks my desire to capture those stories before they are gone forever.

So I'm being patient and waiting for that spark to slowly make its way back. I miss scrapping, which is why it gets so frustrating when I sit down and actually want to scrap and then get completely overwhelmed.

AquaRuby
12-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Hooray, I scrapped!

http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/data/500/Thanksgiving_2010_LO.jpg (http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=143199&title=thanksgiving-2010&cat=500)

Trista
12-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Glad you found some inspiration Christy. A multi photo page at that! It is great! ;)

juliesouthern
12-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Hey, no fair... that a KEEPER!! Way to wreck the curve, LOL.

AquaRuby
12-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Hee hee, sorry. It's actually a page that I started on weeks ago, I set up the pictures and then could not figure out what kit to use, so I hit save and walked away. LOL!

jacinda
12-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Sometimes when mojo is low, I spend the time catching up on journalling. I open a word document, and journal any stories I don't want to forget, like funny things the kids say, their school report, my childhood etc. Then later, when inspiration strikes, I have half the job done since the journalling is ready to go. More often than not though, once I do the journalling, THAT is inspiration enough to get a page done.

AquaRuby
12-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Jacinda, now that is a wonderful idea. Especially if I am just not feeling the pictures or I can't find the "right" kit to use - I need to remember the stories.

I started using Oh Life (http://www.ohlife.com) awhile back, but lately I've been putting it off. I should use it more often to write things down, this will definitely help spark some inspiration by looking back at my past entries.

cardinalskate
12-22-2011, 09:25 AM
That IS an awesome idea, Jacinda! I also like what you said about organizing, Christy, so I spent a little time doing that last night. I found some stuff in my stash that I was pleasantly surprised to find and now I can't wait to scrap with them!

Chel
12-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Looks like you found it!! Cute LO!
Wonderful suggestions!
For me the best thing is to just step away from the compter.

AND then run to Hobby Lobby and buy a scrapbooking book or magazine. :lol: I look at the LOs over and over and just pay attention to every little detail. For some reason this works better for me than gallery surfing for inspiration. I can't explain my head! :lol:

mrsaboyer
12-22-2011, 01:07 PM
I surf galleries for inspiration. And like you said, I just suck it up and do it and before you know it, a page is made and I'm back!

Good luck!
This helps me sometimes. Sometimes I take a bunch of pictures, hoping that I'll find one that inspires me And sometimes I just have to wait it out.

Pamie
12-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Sometimes when mojo is low, I spend the time catching up on journalling. I open a word document, and journal any stories I don't want to forget, like funny things the kids say, their school report, my childhood etc. Then later, when inspiration strikes, I have half the job done since the journalling is ready to go. More often than not though, once I do the journalling, THAT is inspiration enough to get a page done.For my December Daily album - the first ever time I've tried a project like this - I decided to do this and it's working well so far. I have pages done up to Dec 11, but the journaling is already writter. Once I have the story, it's easier to fit the right photos in. I also signed up for Oh Life and so far it hasn't started to annoy me yet :lol:

Sarygallag
12-23-2011, 09:56 AM
I started using Oh Life (http://www.ohlife.com) awhile back, but lately I've been putting it off. I should use it more often to write things down, this will definitely help spark some inspiration by looking back at my past entries.

I just clicked on your link and signed up. I wrote my first entry and I am loving this idea! Thanks :)

Sarygallag
12-23-2011, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=Pamie;427975 I also signed up for Oh Life and so far it hasn't started to annoy me yet :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hey Pamie...if daily gets to be too much I noticed you can change to weekly or never for the email prompts.

AquaRuby
12-23-2011, 10:09 PM
I just clicked on your link and signed up. I wrote my first entry and I am loving this idea! Thanks :)
Glad it helps, I like Oh Life, namely because it is private and I can share as much as I want. It's different than blogging, but more like an online journal. I'm actually wishing they would create an app.