PDA

View Full Version : Marsha's Journaling on a Path Tutorial

donnelsl
06-11-2005, 08:48 PM
First I just want to say thanks again to Marsha for this tutorial! It's really well written and so easy to follow. :D

I have been having a little trouble with it at Step 5 though. I know Marsha used PS CS when writing it, and I use PS 7. Has anyone done this with PS 7?

I'm sure I'm just missing something little (or maybe it's a sign to upgrade). Thanks!

MandaBean
06-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Ugh..thankfully I am not the only one who had this problem. I also have PS7, and couldnt make this tutorial work for me. It did however work with PSCS2..so I don't know what the deal is. I sure wish I could journal in a path using PSP..then I probably wouldn't ever have to open PS!! Hope someone chimes in with ideas!!

holly
06-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Gosh, been so long since I used PS7 - I do KNOW, that you can't journal on a path like if you draw a curvy line and want it to be on a curvy line like my text above in that version.

donnelsl
06-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Darn it. That was going to be the next tutorial I tried!! :roll: Looks like I should seriously consider upgrading!

Laura_A
06-12-2005, 03:23 AM
I just upgraded to PSCS and am looking forward to trying this tut. And Holly... get ready.. cause I'm sure I'm gonna have TONS of questions for the CS pro!

holly
06-12-2005, 10:07 AM
LOL - I wanna get CS2....oh woe is me!

MarshaZepeda
06-12-2005, 12:56 PM
I am sooooo sorry that this isn't working in PS7... I kinda had a feeling it wouldn't. To be completely honest with you, the NUMBER ONE reason I upgraded to CS (and now CS2) was the 'text on a path' feature... I LOVE it! I would highly recommend the upgrade... it's totally worth it! :D

donnelsl
06-12-2005, 01:10 PM
That's okay! Even though the tutorial didn't have the intended outcome for me, I still learned a couple a new things that I didn't know before! Thanks again Marsha.

holly
06-12-2005, 01:55 PM
save your pennies with me girls!!!

Laura_A
06-12-2005, 02:16 PM
OK, so I tried this on my Weight Loss Week 1 LO and, while I got it to work, I don't feel like it's exactly right. I couldn't make the text exactly match my existing curve. Is that a learned talent or is there a secret to fine tuning it?

Eve1972
06-12-2005, 03:58 PM
I love CS2 gotta try this tut!

MarshaZepeda
06-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Make sure that your text justification is set to stretch all the way. It looks like a bunch of lines exactly the same length in the paragraph tab...

holly
06-14-2005, 11:30 AM
YOU CAN DO THAT IN CS2? Justified????????? Oh man, if that's the case, I'm ordering today!!!!

MarshaZepeda
06-14-2005, 11:41 AM
You can do that in 7! If your 'window' isn't open, open it in Window> Paragraph... I always have one pallette and in my pallette is: Layers, History, Paths, Actions, Paragraph and Character. I close all the other ones out...

holly
06-14-2005, 12:14 PM
OMG! I never knew CS had that - I just htought I had the three settings!

MarshaZepeda
06-14-2005, 12:35 PM
lol! We learn something new every day, right? :D

Vania16
06-14-2005, 01:39 PM
I can't wait to check this out - so happy that 7 has justified :) Here I've been struggling along with no justified text . . . Thanks for the tip :)

Leora
07-09-2005, 03:43 AM
okay...so I have learned MORE here in the last two days about digi scrapbooking than I ever imagined!!! SO here are my questions...I have PS 6.0, so can I upgrade to CS or do I have to buy it seperate? AND if so how much and if NOT how much??? (does that make sense??) :)

I was so frusted to see the PSCS cost SO MUCH MONEY online...I need a camera even more!!! Are there any tips/deals etc. you can tell me about???

TIA for you wonderful help!!! :)

Leora

holly
07-09-2005, 08:17 AM
Hmmmm, good question....I don't know if you can.

I think I had 5 and couldn't so I bought a full version. Wonder if the adobe website will tell you!!

MissT
07-09-2005, 01:39 PM
Hi Ladies! Thanks for the fun site to visit, and the awesome kits you make, Miss Holly!!
I had PS 6.0 for Mac and Adobe upgraded me to CS for the $179. (Now, I had to upgrade to CS for Windows, so they did a Cross-Platform upgrade - which means absolutely nothing except they sent me CS for Windows, instead of Mac.) STILL, I paid the $179. I am very glad I did, and really enjoy it - always learning something! Scott Kelby is my favorite author and Photoshop Guru right now. He has a great sense of humor, as well. Adobe will let you know how much you will need to pay to upgrade, just contact them! :)
Hmmm....what to do next...shall I scrap or clean the house??? Scrap, clean, scrap, clean......ARRRRRRGH!!! LOLOL!!
MissT.

Leora
07-09-2005, 02:34 PM
that price is DEF. do-able!!! thanks so much for the info! I am waiting on some Chatterbox compensation to come in so maybe I can use that to buy the program!!! I can't WAIT! :)

paula_duncan
07-09-2005, 04:51 PM
I use PS 7 too and I had trouble with the curves too but then I used the create warped text tool and selected arch. I doesn't do a circle but you can creat curved text using it.

moischka0595
07-13-2005, 09:34 AM
I haven't sat down to figure out paths yet (PS7), but I have done what Jorel just said when I wanted circular text. It's probably a little more trouble, but it worked well enough for me. What I had to do was do the arch curve for half of my circle and then do the other half of my sentence or quote or whatever in another arch and flip it over. Does that make sense? Works in a pinch. :)

donnelsl
07-13-2005, 09:42 AM
I haven't sat down to figure out paths yet (PS7), but I have done what Jorel just said when I wanted circular text. It's probably a little more trouble, but it worked well enough for me. What I had to do was do the arch curve for half of my circle and then do the other half of my sentence or quote or whatever in another arch and flip it over. Does that make sense? Works in a pinch. :)

That's does make sense, I'll have to give it a try! Thanks