PDA

View Full Version : Project Life Title Pages

MariKoegelenberg
12-31-2011, 05:50 PM
My Mom just got on the plane so I am burying myself in 'work' i.e. Scrapbooking! :lol: I have not finished/even started my Project Life Title Page. (BTW I finished 2 weeks and working on my 3rd week of PL! Yay me! :lol:)

So my question is...who has theirs done and want to share and if anyone has some awesome inspiration to share? Pretty Please...we cannot let the depression set in otherwise I will be bawling my eyes out.

cardinalskate
12-31-2011, 05:52 PM
Aww, I don't have a title page to share, but I wanted to give you hugs! I know exactly how you feel. My mom lived far, far, FAR away for many, many years. It was always so hard to say goodbye until next time. ((hugs))

ShabbyShaz
01-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Staring tonight - after I find some order to the chaos in my house - been away for 2 days and in party mode is not good..lol.

juliesouthern
01-02-2012, 03:16 AM
Suddenly *I* am the mom that left on the plane... very weird. Good to be home, though, and I need to figure out just what I am doing. Hugs, Mari!

wishingwellcreations
01-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Mari, I don't have my title page done yet... mainly b/c I'm the type of person that wants to wait and see how my "middle" pages are turning out and what direction they're headed before I tie everything together w/ a title page. I want it to coordinate in "feel", if that makes sense. So I rarely make my title pages at the beginning.

Even though I don't have any actual inspiration to share, however, I did figure it might help anyone else who sees this thread to know that I just posted a freebie template set on Facebook yesterday, which is album cover pages for this sort of project. I may use these to create mine once some time passes (or I may not? who knows?! LOL)... but in case they're useful to anyone else, as well, they're available for free through January 2012. :)

http://digiscrapwishingwell.com/wishingwellcreations/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/WWC__EverydayLifeTemplates-AlbumCovers_LRG.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/wishingwellcreations)
(if you're not on FB, you can also access this freebie through my newsletter welcome e-mail (http://wishingwellcreations.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=54058503742cfed305cb35d05&id=cff5416011))

cardinalskate
01-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Oooh, Laura! I love those! Totally grabbing those for my "Project 12." (LOL...can you say slacker?!)

alamama
01-02-2012, 09:36 AM
this topic was brought up on another site. One lady made her title page at the end of the year. She used a template with lots of little photo slots on it. Then filled them with photos from the year. Looked neat.

Danyale
01-02-2012, 12:10 PM
I am the same way....I will wait to do an actual inside title page, but I am making my book a mix of paper/digi. I already have the perfect spot to leave mine out in the house, so I see it all the time, hee-hee!

ccouch
01-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Haven't totally finished up my title page. Waiting on some family pics to tie it all together. It may be something that evolves over the first month or so. Totally okay with that though :)

There are some crazy, beautiful title pages that I've pinned!! My stars - - there's inspiration galore out there!

wishingwellcreations
01-02-2012, 01:02 PM
There are some crazy, beautiful title pages that I've pinned!! My stars - - there's inspiration galore out there!

Agreed! I think that's part of why I wait, and never do my cover/title page first... I keep changing my mind on what I want to do, because I see new things in the galleries and on Pinterest and my heart gets all aflutter... haha

ccouch
01-02-2012, 01:05 PM
I know! I saw someone had used a vintage-y addition flashcard that I just loved. I totally wanted to steal that! A little 2+2 action for our little family. But....I couldn't find one. So, I just made one up and used a paper from this month's collab as a background. Can't wait to add that to my page :D

judet
01-02-2012, 02:17 PM
I just blogged (http://jude366.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-year.html) about the start of Project Life and P365 (I know, but I think I've got a plan that'll keep it all stress free, and its not as if I'm not constantly taking pictures anyway!)

wishingwellcreations
01-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Very cool, Jude! I love your title page! :D

dawnfarias
01-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Very cool, Jude! I love your title page! :D

Me, too!

judet
01-03-2012, 10:27 AM
:wub: Thanks, ladies :)

alamama
01-04-2012, 10:44 AM
will have to check PL on pintrest for sure.

nicoleseitler
01-04-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm trying to get my five year old to smile for me, so I can make my title page. LOL! Do you know how HARD this is to accomplish? Ugh. Boys. :P

This is what I want to do:

http://media-cdn.pinterest.com/upload/54254370480675009_S0wPQocX_c.jpg

But like this:

Title Card : Family shot
Katie : Joshua : Penny : Benji
Me & Travis : Year

wishingwellcreations
01-04-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm trying to get my five year old to smile for me, so I can make my title page. LOL! Do you know how HARD this is to accomplish? Ugh. Boys. :P

Um, yeah. Good luck with that. I have 2 boys. They are total photo-ruiners (just kidding, just kidding!). I usually get them to look at me (and/or smile at me) when I am shooting a photo by lying to them. Yup, blatant lies. Stuff like, "oh my gosh, what the heck is this bird doing on my head?!" ...so as you can imagine, lots of our photos are of the boys with really confuzzled looks on their faces... :)

juliesouthern
01-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Well, it IS Project Life. Take an uncooperative picture of him and put it in the pocket. He might be disappointed that he looks cranky and decide to cooperate. If not? This is project life, not project perfect ;)

sjdahlblom
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Well, it IS Project Life. Take an uncooperative picture of him and put it in the pocket. He might be disappointed that he looks cranky and decide to cooperate. If not? This is project life, not project perfect ;)

:like:

My oldest, almost four, can be very nice doing exactly what I ask, one second, and the next he does the exact opposite. Or if I ask him to smile nicely he makes a face - he says he's "smiling", but to me it's more of a "theJoker-crazy-smile"... Fun? Yeah, once in a while, but not every time...
I have convinced myself that's what it's like having boys... :D

YvetteSanders
01-04-2012, 03:14 PM
I have a new system with my 8.5 year old - he thinks it's really funny to take crazy / goofy pictures, so I tell him we will - after the nice ones lol - I've actually scrapped just as many of his goofy shots as the regular ones !

sjdahlblom
01-06-2012, 02:39 AM
I have a new system with my 8.5 year old - he thinks it's really funny to take crazy / goofy pictures, so I tell him we will - after the nice ones lol - I've actually scrapped just as many of his goofy shots as the regular ones !
Did try this yesterday. It worked with my son too... Nice pics first, goofy after... Thanks for the tip. :)

wishingwellcreations
01-06-2012, 08:38 AM

:like: :grin:

platinum butterfly
01-06-2012, 09:48 AM
I have yet to get mine done. I still have to order my stuff...lol I was liking the cover that Nicole shown when I saw it too.

MariKoegelenberg
01-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Lol miss Julie you have hit the nail on the head! Rofl yes it is not project perfect and i am sure after the little rascal has looked at his uncooperative picture for the hundredth while browsing the album i am sure he will volunteer for a new shot to be taken!

ETA ooh and thanks guys for the upbeat and fun stories it took my mind of my mom leaving (and the fact that we spent 3 days in Vegas! Lol) but nearly broke down when I saw the bunch of roses my mom picked in the garden and had to throw out...such a poignant reminder.

dailydwelling
01-07-2012, 03:10 PM
I just did my cover page...I'm pretty excited about how it turned out!

http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/data/1741/Cover-Page_web.jpg (http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=144689&title=cover-page&cat=1741)

MariKoegelenberg
01-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Monica that is gorgeous!!!

nicoleseitler
01-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Wonderful! I love it! :D

ShabbyShaz
01-08-2012, 02:09 AM
Yep - that is the trick with boys...they can have as many goofy shots as they like, once I have the shot I like! :)

Working on my PL Life title page today - or at least the photo's. :teehee:

Siamese Studio
01-08-2012, 02:11 AM
:like:

My oldest, almost four, can be very nice doing exactly what I ask, one second, and the next he does the exact opposite. Or if I ask him to smile nicely he makes a face - he says he's "smiling", but to me it's more of a "theJoker-crazy-smile"... Fun? Yeah, once in a while, but not every time...
I have convinced myself that's what it's like having boys... :D

I have a girl, aged four and she does just like your oldest, lol.